Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 11:55 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASHINGTON BULLET View Post
Education and career prospects...

Most guys I know could care less about that when a very hot chick is smiling and making eye contact with them.
Yep,
that is all fine and dandy. I smile and flirt back. However, I am not just dating anyone. I can't stand ignorant females. If she opens her mouth and I don't like what comes out, her potential is limited. I should rephrase requirements to preference. I have an educational and career prospect preference. I can look over those though, I can't handle ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 12:03 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,046 times
Quote:
This has nothing to do with me.

I am just calling it how I see it.

You should really! And I am not being a hater or sarcastic, but if you truly believe in your statement, you live up to it.

I am not american ( born and raised in South America) and I have seen a lot of foreign women marry americans. Some end up living a beautiful dream... and some a nightmare

pretty much 50/50, kind of like divorce with natives!

Old 01-31-2011, 12:03 PM

158 posts, read 270,279 times
It may have some to do with your tactics but I think it is mostly the women here in DC. They are all shopping for mr right -- dollar wise. If they don't see you in a well dress suit, driving a fancy sports car and all the accoutraments, you might as well hang it up. You could be god's gift to women but in DC that sh*t does flow. They want to see cash value, everything else is secondary.

I live 30 miles from DC and gave up after several attempts. I stick to the honky tonks and have alot better time. Those people are real there.

Hope the best for you.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
Yep,
that is all fine and dandy. I smile and flirt back. However, I am not just dating anyone. I can't stand ignorant females. If she opens her mouth and I don't like what comes out, her potential is limited. I should rephrase requirements to preference. I have an educational and career prospect preference. I can look over those though, I can't handle ignorance.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
This has nothing to do with me.

I am just calling it how I see it.
Another thing I forgot to answer, being from overseas and basically from a third world country, I never consider marrying for any other reason than love (I was married to an ex-diplomat, a real piece of work and immature but nonetheless it was love), and there is a reason why: My family was not poor, I did not need to help them economically, and I am not poor.

A lot of the "wonderful and loving" ladies that marry americans al least where I come from are looking forward to either escape poverty OR get a green card. Not the case with me, I am a professional. So that is maybe they look so good from the outside.

You never hear of a messy divorce with a mail-ordered bride. Once the green card comes, they dissapear like if they were in a witness protection program! I never had to do that because I was legally in the country and had an education.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:29 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,070,084 times
WASHINGTON BULLET
Quote:
If keeping up with the Joneses means having to wear the same "vintage" clothes I wore 20 years ago... No thank you. I think I will pass on that.
Vintage Apparel in DC was hot for like a year (2006-2007) and if theres still ppl doing it (which most aren't) then they are late and not keeping up with the Joneses

Quote:
I am aware a long time friend of my family sold her home a few years back.
She paid 10k for it and sold it for 800k.
WOW... thats actually very impressive!!! thats like a 790k Profit

Quote:
There are plenty of trendy people who are over paying out of their butt holes just so they can call themselves "urban"
Well I never actually said that it made you "Urban"... I was just saying that most woman in DC around the ages of 20-30 usually go for the Kooler/Trendier guys, but I wasn't at all saying that being Kool and Trendy makes you Urban, because they're guys that live in the Burbs that could fit that bill as well... Although most ppl would equate Kool, hip, and Trendy with kids that actually live or come from an urban environment, which is one of the reasons why they came up with terms Like "Yuppie" and "Buppie" for young Urban Professionals

Quote:
No matter how much rent you are paying, just because you happen to now live at a cetain addresss, that does not automatically make you "urban"
Your right it doesn't, but for some ppl it's a start!!!!

Quote:
Our family friend can go buy herself a place in the north pole right next door to santa claus and she is still more "urban" than most of the trendy "urban" wanna-bees who have been moving into her old neighborhood
lol... we ll I dont know your friend and that can very well be true, but if you live in an Urban environment long enough you'll pick up the characteristics no matter who you are or where you come from.... Iv'e literally seen it done time and time again and all it takes is for one to find and become apart of an URBAN CROWD, then wham.. wudda you know... the person who was once an innocent young person has over time become quite urban thanx to his/her new friends from the inner city

Old 01-31-2011, 12:37 PM

720 posts, read 1,554,422 times
It depends on what I'm looking for at the time. If I'm just looking for some fun as a single guy then yeah all I probably care about is how she looks. However, if I'm looking for a relationship type woman. I'm gonna need more than just some attractiveness. My important questions are: What is her attitude like? Does she know how to treat a man? Is she loyal? Is she easy to get along with or does she love to argue? Is she willing to be that freak I need in the bedroom?

On another note, same goes for the degree and job. I couldn't care less how much you make. Having the phattest ass in the world or a PhD or her making attorney money will never justify the stress from dealing with a woman who has a poor attitude or personality.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:02 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
But some of the finest women in the DC Area are Ethiopians. And that is ignorant as all hell to say females of a certain nationality are easier to pull than another because that it is not true. Everybody is different. Different people have different preferences and it is not always determined by their external appearance and racial features, believe it or not. Also, just because females of a certain race are "harder" to get in the DC Area for certain dudes doesn't make them hotter either. For example, Honduran/Guatemalan/Salvadoran/Mexican women in the DC Area tend to strictly stick to their own kind, but 90% of them aren't attractive to me. A lot of Puerto Rican and Dominican women up north in NYC and Philly look a whole better and dress better than the vast majority of Hispanic women in the DC Area. But thats just my opinion.
Oh no I think you have me all wrong. I never said the Ethiopians are any easier to pull than any other type of woman in DC. It just seemed like you were making a statement like the Ethiopians were the hardest to pull and there would be people jealous of the fact that you have one on your arm. I was just saying its no biggie and I doubt anybody is gonna hate on you except for maybe Ethiopian men.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:34 PM

339 posts, read 836,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
I love Puerto Rican chicks.
So do I!

Quote:
Also, just because females of a certain race are "harder" to get in the DC Area for certain dudes doesn't make them hotter either. For example, Honduran/Guatemalan/Salvadoran/Mexican women in the DC Area tend to strictly stick to their own kind, but 90% of them aren't attractive to me.
Thank you! We could make a whole other thread just on this topic alone.
Quote:
A lot of Puerto Rican and Dominican women up north in NYC and Philly look a whole better and dress better than the vast majority of Hispanic women in the DC Area. But thats just my opinion.
They also look a lot better in Southern California as well. I saw more thick(not fat) Latinas in one night in LA then I've seen in my 3+ years in the DMV. I love all types of women but I prefer Latinas/hispanics especially thick ones with big bottoms.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:50 PM

468 posts, read 1,338,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
WASHINGTON BULLETVintage Apparel in DC was hot for like a year (2006-2007) and if theres still ppl doing it (which most aren't) then they are late and not keeping up with the Joneses

WOW... thats actually very impressive!!! thats like a 790k Profit

Well I never actually said that it made you "Urban"... I was just saying that most woman in DC around the ages of 20-30 usually go for the Kooler/Trendier guys, but I wasn't at all saying that being Kool and Trendy makes you Urban, because they're guys that live in the Burbs that could fit that bill as well... Although most ppl would equate Kool, hip, and Trendy with kids that actually live or come from an urban environment, which is one of the reasons why they came up with terms Like "Yuppie" and "Buppie" for young Urban Professionals

Your right it doesn't, but for some ppl it's a start!!!!

lol... we ll I dont know your friend and that can very well be true, but if you live in an Urban environment long enough you'll pick up the characteristics no matter who you are or where you come from.... Iv'e literally seen it done time and time again and all it takes is for one to find and become apart of an URBAN CROWD, then wham.. wudda you know... the person who was once an innocent young person has over time become quite urban thanx to his/her new friends from the inner city
Yes. Very impressive profit. She was in her late 70s though.

What are the Joneses up to right now?

Since the current Joneses are still not capable of creating anything new, what is the latest trend they have all jumped on? The 1990s?

If I go and buy and overpriced condo right off of U Street tomorrow does that automatically make me hip and urban?

Many people I have seen moving into DC recently avoid the native urban crowd and only associate themselves with other transplants who have recently moved here. Their characteristics remain the same characteristics they had back when they were living in Kansas, Ohio, Indiana etc...

How would you classify them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC