Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 04:25 PM

490 posts, read 650,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGreenDown View Post
DC is an alternative to NYC? DC is the only city on the east coast (outside of NYC) that matters?

The delusion is real. You guys are adorable.
As if the east coast is the only part of the United States. I had to laugh at that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 08:39 PM

27,582 posts, read 28,693,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostopsy View Post
As if the east coast is the only part of the United States. I had to laugh at that one.
So there is life outside of the east coast? Really??

Old 11-07-2015, 09:38 PM

814 posts, read 911,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
NYC and DC are the most important cities on the East Coast.

Its not really something you can debate.
Please. NYC's biggest industry is a corrupt and greedy finance sector that put our country into one of the worst financial crisis of my generation.

DC is home to even bigger criminals then Wall Street, politicians.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:19 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,754,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
Dude, it's the thread and the Business Journal article that have singled out millennials. I noted that these are young people, and that the younger one is, the longer any given period of time will seem. Three years is a distant and undetermined horizon to those just starting out in a job or a city. It's the same for every generation.

How do you expect to be able to talk about anything at all in a space-limited environment such as this one without using buzzwords, short-forms, and generalizations? Did you mistake C-D posts for a series of footnoted, peer-reviewed, scholarly journal articles? Maybe save your outrage for something that's actually outrageous.

At least on this occasion, you have demonstrated an ominous deficiency in gathering skills. Best of luck in your next attempts.
"you have demonstrated an ominous deficiency in gathering skills." Are you seriously? No, maybe you need more luck than I do.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:17 PM

549 posts, read 625,911 times
I agree with the article. DC is a great place to live.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:23 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
Please. NYC's biggest industry is a corrupt and greedy finance sector that put our country into one of the worst financial crisis of my generation.

DC is home to even bigger criminals then Wall Street, politicians.
Exactly. And it matters so much because of how important DC and NYC are.

On the east coast.. no other cities are on the same level of importance as NYC and DC.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:25 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostopsy View Post
I didn't say the East Coast is the only part of the country that matters. I said the most important cities on the East Coast are NYC and DC.

This is true by the way. So I don't get why people are tying to argue against facts.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:40 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,732,470 times
So... are you still discussing the article ? Or is this turning into a "argue about anything and everythin" thread ?
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: