Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 06:39 AM

587 posts, read 1,410,822 times

Advertisements

An Asian woman into white guys who can't get one? I'm calling BS. The only Asian women who can't get white guys are old and wrinkly with sun spots all over their skin or morbidly obese. And we all know that you mean white guys when you say "athletic preppy" guys and then go on to say "even Asian guys" won't approach you. 50% of all interracial relationships in America are white male/Asian female relationships despite Asians only making up 5% of the U.S. population. What a way to break age old stereotypes OP. I thought that white guys got invites to exclusive secret underground conventions where they were assigned Asian girlfriends. You know, part of the whole secret white male privilege package deal akin to the 1984 Eddie Murphy Saturday Night Live skit when he saw what it was like to be white for a day. Try being an Asian man and getting a date with a woman of *any* race. Even tall, good looking, educated, successful Asian men are constantly rejected in favor of average white, black and Latino men. I have never heard of an Asian woman having a hard time finding a date, ever. I honestly don't know why Asian women are so prized because the vast majority of Asian women don't have curves at all and never have body fat where it counts.

Here's some advice: set up a dating profile on any website with a couple pictures to the caption of "average Asian" and watch as hundreds to thousands of messages from white guys pour in over the next few hours. Seriously, Asian women are the most sought after on dating sites and a huge percent of white and black guys lust over Asian women and put them on pedestal just for being Asian.

When you find your generic privileged white guy Chad within the next few days or weeks (it can't be that long), please never have kids unless you are sure they are going to be girls. If you have a son with a white guy, he will grow up to hate you because society will most likely consider him to be an Asian man (most Americans don't even believe that mixed race even exists) because of your genes and there is a good chance that he will actually experience real hardship in finding a woman who will even look at him twice let alone date him, as shown by your own stereotypical preferences, the vast majority of American women of all races are repulsed by Asian men.

Last edited by LunaticVillage; 11-29-2015 at 06:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 03:18 PM

373 posts, read 367,765 times
^^^Looney post fits the name. I think asian guys are great.

I feel the original posters pains. Its almost like you need to be average in all categories to get a date. Dating has gotten harder.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:14 AM

562 posts, read 464,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasja_tearo View Post
I'm 27 years old, 5'11", and Ivy League educated. When I was 20, I was approached by an agency to be a fashion model. Right now I work in one of the most prestigious law firms in DC, but somehow I can't find a boyfriend despite having lived here for the past two years and trying really hard. I've dated guys who are unemployed, who went to community college, and I've even dated guys who are a couple of inches shorter than me. So it's not like I have high standards.

Whenever I go up to NYC, I get much more attention and get hit on more often. Heck, one of the most common pick-up lines I get from guys in NYC is "Are you a model?" or that I'm the most beautiful Asian woman they've ever seen. Even though I don't like pick-up lines, it's still really nice to hear that when I feel so undesirable and undervalued in DC.

Somehow, whenever I go out here in DC, not a single guy would hit on me. Or rather, the only men who would approach me are black guys or really old and sketchy white guys. Often times, the type of guys that I prefer (preppy and athletic) would check me out from the corner of their eyes but not approach. Not even the Asian men in DC would approach me. In fact, Asian men in DC seem to be more into blond southern belles than the Asian men in NYC for some reason. I've also observed that southern white girls are more likely to date Asian men than northern white girls, so maybe that's why.

Whenever I went out with my best friend, who is tall, blonde, green-eyed, but slightly chubby, a lot of men would hit on her but ignore me. But when we went out in NYC, the amount of attention we received was more evenly balanced. And when we were in San Francisco, I actually got more attention than she did.

I feel like each city has its own ideal of beauty. In San Fran, it's someone like me - a beautiful, tall, and smart Asian American woman. In NYC, it's a bit more diverse. In DC, it's basically a blonde girl. Everybody says dating in DC is better than dating in NYC for women, but it's only true if you're a white woman. What do you think?
I am simply not buying this post. Asian women are considered the top of the food chain, by the majority of men of all races, because of the model minority, 'exotic,' intelligent (and other favorable stereotypes). Also, it's perfectly acceptable for an Asian woman to be a size 0 and have no bum and/or breasts and still be considered a perfect 10.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:10 PM

32,088 posts, read 34,686,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
I am simply not buying this post. Asian women are considered the top of the food chain, by the majority of men of all races.
Does this include South Asian women?

Old 11-30-2015, 01:14 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,578,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yes - men of all backgrounds and races will readily date an Asian woman (@_@)

Old 11-30-2015, 01:21 PM

32,088 posts, read 34,686,093 times
That doesn't really answer my question. Did he mean Asian women generally or East Asian women more specifically? I get the sense that when people say "Asian" they are thinking more Chinese and Korean than Pakistani and Sri Lankan.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:03 PM

580 posts, read 777,114 times
Quote:
That doesn't really answer my question. Did he mean Asian women generally or East Asian women more specifically? I get the sense that when people say "Asian" they are thinking more Chinese and Korean than Pakistani and Sri Lankan.
I think you are correct that "Asian" to most, and especially in regards to this thread, equals East Asian (Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan).

I too call BS to this thread. OP must have the personality equivalent of nails-to-the-chalkboard if she can't find a date in DC.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I was not referring to South Asian women, because most tend to be more prone (due to religious and cultural/family expectations to date and marry South Asian men), but I don't think most South Asian women would have a problem either finding lots of men who are genuinely interested in dating them.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:58 PM

I just think East Asian women have it made, most guys want an East Asian woman (and not just for sex, but for a long term committed relationship).

Old 11-30-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
If you have a son with a white guy, he will grow up to hate you because society will most likely consider him to be an Asian man (most Americans don't even believe that mixed race even exists) because of your genes and there is a good chance that he will actually experience real hardship in finding a woman who will even look at him twice let alone date him, as shown by your own stereotypical preferences, the vast majority of American women of all races are repulsed by Asian men.
Your post seems rather trollish. You know the above is not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: