Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 01:35 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,261,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
Meant to say Norway.
Funny thing is that people tend to blame PNW aloof standoffishness to its Scandinavian influence, specifically Norwegian.

I've been to Norway. Found it easier to talk with actual Norwegians by far than your average Seattleite.

Norway has the perfect climate and topography for me. I think the people there are very decent and willing to talk with you if you have anything of interest to talk about.

Not sure if they get sarcasm, though.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:33 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
Well, I am mostly Norwegian but I was born in Seattle and grew up just north of Seattle. Sarcasm is deep around there and I was pretty much dripping of it by the time I became a teenager. We were an aloof bunch, kind of rude at times and very sarcastic. A sense of humor was had by some but not all at any stretch. I'm in southern New Mexico now and love all of the sunshine down here. Love my homeland and its big-league football and baseball teams and all of the great music to be had in the Seattle area.

But I don't miss the grey drizzle constant. I love sunny-sun-sunshine!

Old 09-12-2014, 01:19 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
Funny thing is that people tend to blame PNW aloof standoffishness to its Scandinavian influence, specifically Norwegian.

I've been to Norway. Found it easier to talk with actual Norwegians by far than your average Seattleite.

Norway has the perfect climate and topography for me. I think the people there are very decent and willing to talk with you if you have anything of interest to talk about.

Not sure if they get sarcasm, though.
Sarcasm is the preferred form of humor in Scandinavia, I'm told.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:08 AM

5,586 posts, read 5,017,434 times
Quote:
Yes it does. This is why I'm grouchy as hell in Summer Too much sunlight and heat anymore.

So ready for Fall and Winter. BTW, I live in King County so you can let that sink in

We're moving to Anchorage, Alaska within the year. I will be much happier there!
I believe that Alaska is a no state income tax state preferable for people who retire?
What is the weather like in Anchorage Alaska or Fairbanks?

Old 09-13-2014, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
I believe that Alaska is a no state income tax state preferable for people who retire?
What is the weather like in Anchorage Alaska or Fairbanks?
Cooler summers, longer winters with actual snowfall, longer twilight periods. This is Anchorage I'm referring to.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:47 AM

4,175 posts, read 2,572,494 times
Hi Bad Apples,

Thanks for the link...

CAMP666 : WASHINGTON IS BETTER THAN YOUR STATE

I appreciate the humor there. My favorite was the part about the beaches, very funny. I guess you didn't understand that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. ~ Claudia

Old 09-13-2014, 02:01 PM

4,175 posts, read 2,572,494 times
Bad apples said "Maybe FatFreddy is a narsistic person, usually the early signs of this is being judge mental of others."

Do you mean judgmental like yourself?

Old 09-14-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Cooler summers, longer winters with actual snowfall, longer twilight periods. This is Anchorage I'm referring to.
Alaska sounds great compared to states with hot climates like Idah, Texas, Arizona, Nevada
As far as gun laws go how strict are those in Washington? Are they like California? All of the above states don't have the stupid gun laws that California has.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:07 PM

^^
Not sure about the gun laws. My husband has a CT permit that WA accepts, so he's able to possess handguns or rifles. I think WA laws are probably less stringent than CA's, though likely not as liberal as AK's. Just a gut feeling though.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:02 AM

Quote:
^^
Not sure about the gun laws. My husband has a CT permit that WA accepts, so he's able to possess handguns or rifles. I think WA laws are probably less stringent than CA's, though likely not as liberal as AK's. Just a gut feeling though.
You mean Washington is liberal in giving out Conceal and Carry Permits for the citizens there to carry guns on their persons when out in the public?

I know those other states like Texas (gun country) , Montana, Arizona, Nevada, and Idaho are easier on the gun laws compared to places like California. I thought Washington might have been getting like California too strict and extreme with stupid laws with intent on disarming their citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington