Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 08:57 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
It's very fluid for younger children. We just got approval for 12 and older 'this week' after clinical trials were fast tracked.

Simultaneously, there are nationwide clinical trials underway for children 11 and under. So, it appears they are trying to fast track this as well given the high stakes.

Stanford Medicine joins COVID-19 vaccine trials for children under 12

Derek
I know. What I said is fact currently, just wanted to make sure Diana was aware that what she said was incorrect, and anybody else who happens to be reading this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Ohfercryinoutloud.

Alright.... any adult and now even teens can get it.

Babies have the same limitations babies always have... it's not a lie, it's an exception to the rule.

Hopefully who your baby has contact with is within your complete control.

And you know what, I bet it's not long before baby can get the vaccine if you want. There are smart people testing and working on that.

Quit being mad at people for wanting to keep living. We've been on pause in many ways for over a year. It can't go on forever.
Why do you think I’m mad? You’re the one who seems mad for being caught misconstruing the facts. 11 years old and under is quite an overlook.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:18 PM

14,486 posts, read 12,114,400 times
I haven't been caught or misconstrued anything.

You have a nice day susVelo... Life is too short and it's too nice a day to argue with you.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:27 PM

Quote:
I haven't been caught or misconstrued anything.

You have a nice day susVelo... Life is too short and it's too nice a day to argue with you.
Indeed, although I suspect the weather has little to do with you bailing again.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:41 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
Well gee Diana, here I thought anyone who might be concerned about the virus could get a vaccine. Just wanted to point out the lie.
This virus rarely affects small children. Actually the flu could be worse for them.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:43 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
Indeed, although I suspect the weather has little to do with you bailing again.
You got nit-picky with the fact that 4 month olds can't (yet) be vaccinated (honestly, I don't think 4 month olds will ever be vaccinated for Covid... but I bet my bottom dollar that 6 month olds can get it soon... just like influenza). Now you are getting nit-picky here? What she means to say, if it's not clear (it is to me), is that she doesn't want to spend anymore time talking to you. Duh.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:48 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
This virus rarely affects small children. Actually the flu could be worse for them.
Yes, I pointed this out earlier. Mathjak, who hangs out in the retirement/economics forums said that he got really sick because of an overly robust response. Babies' and young children's immune systems are so immature that they don't go into overdrive. At least this is what I've read.

And thank God for it too. I hope I'm not around if we end up with a pandemic that affects our young.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:48 PM

14,486 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Thanks flyin'saucermom... that's precisely what I mean. I have the time.... but when life is good and the weather is nice, I just don't want to spend it picking nits!

Old 05-14-2021, 10:07 PM

861 posts, read 1,062,736 times
Quote:
I've seen you insult our understanding and response for months - a year now... but I'm not sure I've seen you explain what it is you would have done differently if you were in charge.

What would have been your response, and what would be your plan now going forward if you were made king now? I'm curious.
Every bit of this.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
You got nit-picky with the fact that 4 month olds can't (yet) be vaccinated (honestly, I don't think 4 month olds will ever be vaccinated for Covid... but I bet my bottom dollar that 6 month olds can get it soon... just like influenza). Now you are getting nit-picky here? What she means to say, if it's not clear (it is to me), is that she doesn't want to spend anymore time talking to you. Duh.
I understand, many people aren’t up to being challenged on what they say. Soon is not now, so not really nitpicking when it’s blatantly false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington