Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2021, 11:04 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlud View Post
Correlation is not causation. I imagine a lot of habits of yours besides a mask changed...am I right? More hand washing, less travel, less public interaction, etc etc? The mask is just one part...

However you are certainly free to wear it as long as you want, no one saying you can’t or even trying to stop you to make the best choice for yourself.
Actually masking was pretty much my main change. My parents were very sick and actually passed away this summer, so I interacted with them and healthcare workers and family and was in hospitals and all of that…including 2 funerals. Really was not able to do a whole lot of social distancing. So for me, masks were pretty much it. As far as I am concerned, my own experience has proven to me that masks are extremely effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 11:15 AM

146 posts, read 154,317 times
Very sorry to hear that about your parents, glad you were at least able to interact with them though. My condolences, and completely respect what your experiences have taught you.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:37 AM

14,483 posts, read 12,107,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
You do know that there are still people who can not be vaccinated and those people tend to have families who are trying to be careful of them. Young children still can not be vaccinated and there are other vulnerable people who have issues that prevent their being vaccinated.

I've got a tenant who has two preschool children with a bone marrow disease. Even when the vaccine is approved for their age, they still won't be able to have the vaccine.

Vaccine isn't rainbows and unicorns and one size fits absolutely everybody. Not everyone is going to be able to seek protection by vaccination, so some people are going to have to continue to practice caution.
Of course I know not everyone can or will be vaccinated. Yet or ever.

The best we can hope for is that most of us will be, and that in and of itself, will provide herd protection to the vulnerable.

The vulnerable still have to be careful... but that has always been true, the only thing that is really new here is this expectation that everyone *else* live like they are both dangerous and vulnerable, when they are neither.

What is your solution?

Old 05-17-2021, 01:02 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
Quote:
It is factual there are millions of undocumented aliens in our country, estimates very in how many millions but there are.
Nice backtrack. Not what you said, by a long shot.

Old 05-17-2021, 01:21 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Very sorry to hear that about your parents, glad you were at least able to interact with them though. My condolences, and completely respect what your experiences have taught you.
Thank you, I very much appreciate it.

Old 05-17-2021, 01:26 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,126,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
~40 - 50% of covid spread is estimated from the asymptomatic (from several WW sources, and why the initial spread was so quick.), but we really don't know the precise number because many areas do not test asymptomatic (including USA)
Yes the US tests everyone who wants a test. You can pretty much get tested daily if you want, but you will never admit this because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Old 05-17-2021, 02:04 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
This is another lurking threat... we are raising a bunch of kids who are not developing normal immunity to any of the common colds they need to face in school and in life, and adults who are not adding new variants to their own immunity.

The choice is whether we decide we're going to hide behind masks for the rest of our lives and become increasingly weaker, or to adapt to the world as it is.
My next door neighbor's child was about 5-6 months when the pandemic started. I guess will be coming up on 2nd birthday at end of summer or beginning of fall. Mom doesn't leave the house except on the rarest of occasions. Dad takes child out for a walk sometime between 5-7pm most evenings. Extended family is on the other side of the planet. Child is not currently exposed to any English or other children. I'm hoping there is some sort of Facetime exposure in the home with relatives.

Nobody in my family has been sick since March 2020. I believe my son and I had Covid.

Old 05-17-2021, 02:58 PM

861 posts, read 1,062,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
This is nuts. This whole post.
Yep

Old 05-17-2021, 03:10 PM

861 posts, read 1,062,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Of course I know not everyone can or will be vaccinated. Yet or ever.

The best we can hope for is that most of us will be, and that in and of itself, will provide herd protection to the vulnerable.

The vulnerable still have to be careful... but that has always been true, the only thing that is really new here is this expectation that everyone *else* live like they are both dangerous and vulnerable, when they are neither.

What is your solution?
Yep

Old 05-17-2021, 07:04 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
The whole thing is a cluster you know what. WA following CDC guidelines true. Individual businesses still requiring masks true. Major chains going mask free true. Some of the same chains still requiring masks true. On top of all this, many are allowing mask-free for vaccinated but have no desire to have proof and even if they try there are going to be problems. This is total chaos! Screw it, I am going to continue to mask just to avoid the insanity of mask or not mask! EDIT: Ok I have taken a breath and you know what? All this can be eliminated by simply getting vaccinated. Not sure why some still refuse.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 05-17-2021 at 07:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington