Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2016, 01:32 PM

13,488 posts, read 9,034,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I'd rather a cockroach than a spider honestly.....at least cockroaches aren't aggressive or sting you. They're just gross lol but not really scary. The ones that fly are scary though, mostly because they're unpredictable.
We have these scary jumping spiders here, scared the sh*t out of me when I first saw one

Old 10-19-2016, 01:35 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
I was attacked by a hornet a week ago or so when walking home. It just dived on me unprovoked, probably confused by the rapidly cooling weather and was anxious or something. I had to run inside to a stairway to get rid of it.

This is a normal occurrence in spring and autumn.

Oh, and this summer I had a hornet inside, and when I couldn't get rid of it trough the balcony door, I tried to kill it. I blasted it with yesterday's paper and downed the SOB. But I couldn't find the body anywhere. I searched for it but couldn't find it. It took several hours and the hornet had taken refuge in my clothes closet, and suddenly assaulted me and stung me in the neck with its last strength. But it could barely fly, so it was an easy job for the newspaper to finish him/her off. What a resilient one that was.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:52 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,231,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

Oh, and this summer I had a hornet inside, and when I couldn't get rid of it trough the balcony door, I tried to kill it. I blasted it with yesterday's paper and downed the SOB. But I couldn't find the body anywhere. I searched for it but couldn't find it. It took several hours and the hornet had taken refuge in my clothes closet, and suddenly assaulted me and stung me in the neck with its last strength. But it could barely fly, so it was an easy job for the newspaper to finish him/her off. What a resilient one that was.
Revenge of the hornet.

Forget Zika. I think the next issue here will be the Africanized killer bees.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:52 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,966,685 times
Got a little piece of glass stuck in my big toe. Can't get it out!

And now my ex is in my house with family.

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse today.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:49 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,411,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
We have these scary jumping spiders here, scared the sh*t out of me when I first saw one
We have those too, also we have the massive wolf spiders and these humongous spiders that make giant webs. Have one right outside my frontdoor just chilling in its web. Not really scared of spiders anymore; nor am I a scared of any insects, they just irk me out sometimes. As for wasps you will never catch me messing with one. I have seen some ginormous ones.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Revenge of the hornet.

Forget Zika. I think the next issue here will be the Africanized killer bees.
The Africanized killer bee has a sting no more venomous or painful than a regular European honey bee, but due to its aggressiveness they are easily set off and rather than a few bees chasing you it's the entire hive. Seen a show where a lot of people in Miami would have killer bees nesting inside there homes and they would be stuck in a room or something waiting for help.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:39 AM

13,488 posts, read 9,034,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
We have those too, also we have the massive wolf spiders and these humongous spiders that make giant webs. Have one right outside my frontdoor just chilling in its web. Not really scared of spiders anymore; nor am I a scared of any insects, they just irk me out sometimes. As for wasps you will never catch me messing with one. I have seen some ginormous ones.
I openly encourage spiders, especially in the back garden, so I don't knock down any big webs I see as hopefully lots of mosquitoes will get trapped in them & end up as spider food

Old 10-25-2016, 04:51 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Temple is in North Philadelphia, which is enough information for anyone familiar with it. It's a total ghetto. I never had any interest in the school. Didn't even bother visiting when I was a senior in high school, just because I knew I'd never go there. It will always suffer from being in such a horrible location.

Four teens are arrested in flash mob attacks around Temple University | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-25-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I openly encourage spiders, especially in the back garden, so I don't knock down any big webs I see as hopefully lots of mosquitoes will get trapped in them & end up as spider food
Same, had a bunch of little spiders make webs on my tomato plants, the webs were small and the spiders didn't seem to hurt the tomatoes so I left them be to catch gnats and mosquitos.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:55 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,342,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Temple is in North Philadelphia, which is enough information for anyone familiar with it. It's a total ghetto. I never had any interest in the school. Didn't even bother visiting when I was a senior in high school, just because I knew I'd never go there. It will always suffer from being in such a horrible location.

Four teens are arrested in flash mob attacks around Temple University | Daily Mail Online
That was one of the schools I considered attending, I recall being bombarded with mail from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather