Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2017, 08:02 PM

3,314 posts, read 2,217,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
God I went to the shops yesterday and there was a fat lardo mother who's trolley was in the way, when she finally realised I was there, she gave me a look like a murderer, as if it was some massive effort to move here trolley out of the way. I suppose moving is a massive effort if you are an obese druggie teenage mum.

Then there were old coots in the express checkout with full. f**king. trolleys, and one of them literally took longer to get her f**ken money out then it did for the next checkout to serve me, all the while leaving her trolley in the way, the checkout lady had to tell her to get out of the way. When I was walking out, she was still fumbling in her purse.

On the way there, there I was waiting at an intersection and there was a prehistoric old crumpet who had the right of way, but was not frigging moving. There was a car coming but it was ages away and 10 cars could've gone across, yet this coot waited for it while I was expecting her to freaking move already

living in god's waiting room FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Slow drivers are the worst!

How much you drank today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 08:13 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,333,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Americans don't just smile a lot as well but they're also very loud and think it's acceptable to talk to people you don't know in public places.
Tbh I think Northern+Eastern Europe is the only place where this is not acceptable. In Latin America it's even more common than in the US

Old 08-24-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Yep, there's a reason that saying exists lol.

I'd probably be happy all the time too if I wasn't aware of how retarded 97% of the population is.
I don't think they're stupid, they just lack consciousness and self-awareness

Old 08-24-2017, 11:30 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,597,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Tbh I think Northern+Eastern Europe is the only place where this is not acceptable. In Latin America it's even more common than in the US
I guess it wouldn't be very common in Japan either.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:24 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,966,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsizat View Post
172 cm height and 65 kilograms weight possess an Bmi of 22, which is a normal BMI but people see it as Skinny.

I need to be 70 kilograms for people not to see me as skinny.
Mind you, 'skinny' can also be used as a synonym for slender, thin or lean. They don't mean that you're anorexic or something.

I saw your photo at 70kg. You looked rather meaty and overweight. You look better and healthier now at 65kg. How? Your shoulders seem broader (at least more than your waist), your jawline is showing and your face is overall more 'sharper'. Don't fall for the people who are labeling you.

Btw, people calling you "skinny" probably envy the fact that you are leaner than them. Don't fall for their trap.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:29 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I can't imagine why a greater propensity to converse with strangers should be considered a bad thing. Of course, to some people, whatever Americans do differently is automatically wrong...

Old 08-25-2017, 03:39 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
There's a restaurant I know of called Uzbekistan in Bustleton (Philadelphia) that seems pretty interesting. There are number of Eastern European restaurants in that area of Philadelphia.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:53 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,597,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I can't imagine why a greater propensity to converse with strangers should be considered a bad thing. Of course, to some people, whatever Americans do differently is automatically wrong...
It isn't necessarily a bad thing, depending on the circumstances. Every friend I have started off as a stranger at some point. But I didn't become friends with them because they approached me on the bus and started talking about how nice the weather is. Yawn.

What Americans do differently isn't automatically wrong, but usually is wrong. Whether it's talking incessantly and never shutting up, or talking extremely loudly for no apparent reason, or having stupidly large portions of food, or driving 10 feet to the supermarket, Americans sure are an odd bunch. Especially people with the username snj90.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:49 AM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
What Americans do differently isn't automatically wrong, but usually is wrong. Whether it's talking incessantly and never shutting up, or talking extremely loudly for no apparent reason, or having stupidly large portions of food, or driving 10 feet to the supermarket, Americans sure are an odd bunch. Especially people with the username snj90.
You have strong opinions on Americans for never visiting here... you lived in Toronto, which isn't all that different, I think.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
There's a restaurant I know of called Uzbekistan in Bustleton (Philadelphia) that seems pretty interesting. There are number of Eastern European restaurants in that area of Philadelphia.
Uzbek restaurants are very good and are a hidden gem of the NY-PA area. It is an amazing cuisine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather