Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:37 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,717,521 times

Advertisements

I would think Minnesota because it seems to stay frigid for a very long time and it is terribly humid in the summer. However, Minnesota is the only really bad weather I have ever witnessed. I'm sure Alaska or Maine can get worse. What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 11:14 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
My vote is also for Minnesota and it's maybe because their weather is more familiar to me then some of the other states are. It seems like the states that get the lake effect snow have a lot more snow then Minn., but the northern part of the state often gets the honor of being the icebox of the nation.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:15 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Minnesota and Illinois for sure. It's frigid there late November through early April

Old 04-01-2008, 05:14 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,962,141 times
South Florida, miserably hot and humid from early march- early december and a wicked hurricane season and "pop-up" thunderstorms every day during summer.

btw, HAPPY B-DAY DANNYBANANY!!!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 08:04 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times
I think it's rather vague. Somewhere with extreme drought can be considered just as bad as some place with frigid cold due to the consequences that follow.

Not to mention personal preference. Myself I'd choose to live through colder temps than I would heat & humidity combined.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:32 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,353,293 times
Personally, I don't think IL is that bad. From watching the weather channel - it seems the plains states get a lot of really hot and really cold extremes.
My personal h*ll - FL from May til

sorry - clicked too early - September. SO hot and humid and the hurricane seasons.

Last edited by Jammie; 04-01-2008 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: merged

Old 04-01-2008, 09:05 AM

173 posts, read 591,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Minnesota and Illinois for sure. It's frigid there late November through early April

I have to agree on Illinois; unbelievably cold winters,& down in southern Illinois they get brutal ice storms. It seems that Spring & Fall don't last too long- we go from freezing temps to hot every year.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:07 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Ooooh, some places have cold weather for 4 months... yeah... real horrible. Sure beats the gloomy/rain/drizzle/crap that the PacNW gets most of the year. Its been drizzly the last 2 days here and I was about to pull my hair out, I dont know how you guys put up with that HELL up there.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundance67 View Post
I have to agree on Illinois; unbelievably cold winters,& down in southern Illinois they get brutal ice storms. It seems that Spring & Fall don't last too long- we go from freezing temps to hot every year.
Our winters are nowhere near the coldest or snowiest... not even close. So why did you choose IL? Nor our are summer temps remotely as hot or as humid as the rest of the country. And to top it off, our ice storms are pretty mild compared to those elsewhere in the country. Ever seen the ice storms they get in MO or OK? Northern TX?

Ok, back on track here.... I think its nearly impossible to find one single place with the worst weather. Every place has its pros and cons. While some have bad winters (ie MN, AK, NH, etc), others have nice winters (ie FL, SoCal, Hawaii). Some states have nice summers (ie MI, NH, etc), others have hell summers (ie TX, AZ, FL, etc). Some states get pounded by hurricanes, others with tornadoes. Some get earthquakes, some get ravaged by fires. Some get slogged with mudslides, others with brutalizing droughts. Some get obnoxiously hot dry heat, others get cooler but swampy humid heat. Every state has bad weather in one form or another, no place is better than the next.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:30 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,862,813 times
True. It just depends on what you like. I like Minnesota.
The southwest would be my pick on bad weather. Lots of people and lack of rain might catch up with them eventually.
Water seems to be somewhat important in sustaining life. That's what I've heard, anyway.
To the OP, I doubt that Maine gets any "worse" than Minnesota. It has the ocean to keep it toned down a bit. The extreme northern part might be an exception, but there isn't much of a population there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather