Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2022, 12:42 PM

29,513 posts, read 19,612,482 times

Advertisements

Increasing odds of a milder last week of February according to the latest model guidance today

But before that at least one more cold blast

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 12:59 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Very mild here, looks like not many snow chances left around here, another horribly disappointing "winter" per usual. Very strong sun angle with temperatures over 50F. The mixture of freezing rain, sleet, and snow is finally melting off my northwest exposed part of my driveway today.

Old 02-09-2022, 02:01 PM

749 posts, read 418,732 times
Default I don't Hate the Snow

Truly, Cambium! It's the ICE I hate!

Old 02-09-2022, 02:03 PM

749 posts, read 418,732 times
Currently, here in Downeast, Maine....34F Degrees, Dew Point 29F Degrees, Winds WNW 3mph, Gusts 6mph, Pressure 29.95 - steady...

Sunny Blue skies greeted this day and the commute from my client's after a 48hr shift to home, was fraught with packed snow, plowed down the middle of the road and sanded....AKA a ****-show.
Still, I made it safely to my clients and home again, to Birch Meadows!
It's melting, but at night it freezes...
Looks like Maple Season is a step away!
Rain on the way and it freezes at night...
Snow during the day, and it freezes at night!
It makes one long for Spring (aka Mud Season here in Maine)!
Still, there are those things in one's heart...
Especially after watching (for at least the third time), Turn (Washington's Spies)!
That makes one long for the passing...
into another another Season...
one that leads into Freedom from the tyranny that's clenches our hearts and minds!
and divides us...
We the United States of America

Old 02-09-2022, 02:05 PM

6,791 posts, read 4,233,580 times
GFS has had a notable snow event for the Mid-Atlantic on Sunday for a few runs now. 6-8 inches for a band ranging from western Virginia through the D.C. and Baltimore metros into the Southern half of New Jersey. Still 3-5 inches in Philly and NYC.

The Euro meanwhile has the same system miss the major population centers entirely and drop 2-3 inches in the Virginia tidewater and Delmarva instead.

UK model sees neither and instead just sees some very modest snow in Appalachia and the Northeast. Canadian model meanwhile has it as a big snow event for WV, PA, Upstate NY and interior New England.

Interesting to see such variation on Wednesday for a Sunday event.

Old 02-09-2022, 02:54 PM

83,511 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
GFS has had a notable snow event for the Mid-Atlantic on Sunday for a few runs now. 6-8 inches for a band ranging from western Virginia through the D.C. and Baltimore metros into the Southern half of New Jersey. Still 3-5 inches in Philly and NYC.

The Euro meanwhile has the same system miss the major population centers entirely and drop 2-3 inches in the Virginia tidewater and Delmarva instead.

UK model sees neither and instead just sees some very modest snow in Appalachia and the Northeast. Canadian model meanwhile has it as a big snow event for WV, PA, Upstate NY and interior New England.

Interesting to see such variation on Wednesday for a Sunday event.
German and Canadian have it too now.

GFS has been once again impressive me this season while Euro is sleeping. We'll see but its nice to know that this is on the radar now after GFS was consistently hinting at it. LETS DO THIS! I need 1-2 more big snowstorms please.

Old 02-09-2022, 05:00 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
High of 61f today and warming up the rest of the week.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:28 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Got into the Tampa Bay area tonight and checked temps here VS back in Lower AL. 2° cooler in LA. I remember when temps dropped into the 50's here the fur lined gloves came out and heavy coats too. No macho kids running around in T-Shirts in the 50-60's. Here in my home area of FL I've seen all the extremes. 90's for Halloween to hard freezes in the teens in early November. I for years heard the promise of a cool day in the fall and the cold front would stall out over the Gulf in the middle of winter.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:35 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,097,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Got into the Tampa Bay area tonight and checked temps here VS back in Lower AL. 2° cooler in LA. I remember when temps dropped into the 50's here the fur lined gloves came out and heavy coats too. No macho kids running around in T-Shirts in the 50-60's. Here in my home area of FL I've seen all the extremes. 90's for Halloween to hard freezes in the teens in early November. I for years heard the promise of a cool day in the fall and the cold front would stall out over the Gulf in the middle of winter.
Fur lined gloves and heavy coats in the 50s?

Here it's more like

10s-20s: heavy coats, gloves and hats
30s-40s: light coat
50s-60s: long sleeves
70s-80s: short sleeves

Ex this is a street party in a nearby college town on St Patrick's Day 2016, when temps were around 46-48F.
https://youtu.be/Nynxnqn144I?t=27

Most people wearing warm sweaters, a few in jackets (but no heavy coats), a few brave souls in shorts or t-shirts.

Old 02-10-2022, 03:44 AM

29,513 posts, read 19,612,482 times

https://twitter.com/Skilling/status/...Vr2lxj3Xj2EW6g
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather