Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 06:03 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,353,475 times

Advertisements

This is my situation (asthma):
Quote:
Breathing cold air can be a trigger for some people. In addition, the winter months bring with them an increase in sinus infections and upper respiratory viral infections that can trigger or worsen asthma. Exercise alone can be a trigger, but combine it with many winter activities such as sledding and skating, and the cold weather months can be long and dreary for children with asthma.
Cold weather can trigger asthma

I know not everyone has asthma but a lot of people do. I'm sure its not just asthma sufferers that are effected by cold weather. Cold weather can and does make people sick.

I'm in the ER at least 2 times a year because of this (and I don't even have asthma that bad). Plus I just hate Winter (and the dead-looking trees) lol.

I'm all in to break Old Man Winter's legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 09:54 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,241,383 times
I rarely get sick during the summer, but I happend to come down with a terrible illness (don't quite remember what it was) when I was in Florida several years ago. It was sunny and 90 outside.

Perhaps extreme weather changes in short periods of time can fool around with your body, but as others have said, during the winter we're indoors more often.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:41 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,758,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
This is my situation (asthma):

Cold weather can trigger asthma

I know not everyone has asthma but a lot of people do. I'm sure its not just asthma sufferers that are effected by cold weather. Cold weather can and does make people sick.

I'm in the ER at least 2 times a year because of this (and I don't even have asthma that bad). Plus I just hate Winter (and the dead-looking trees) lol.

I'm all in to break Old Man Winter's legs.
My brother has asthma too, and he's mentioned that cold weather is said to trigger it more. But he has far more trouble breathing during the Summer. But like me, I don't think he's meant for warm weather.

I rarely get sick in the Summer, but I often feel like crap during the Summer due to the heat. I usually get sick a couple of times during the winter, but the rest of the time I feel great. And when I do get sick it's almost always a sinus infection. In fact I can't remember the last time I was sick and it wasn't either a sinus infection or a stomach virus.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:17 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,561,986 times
It's 40 degrees right now in Southern California; we didn't completely escape this arctic blast! I'm such a weather wimp, though, that anything below 50 degrees feels cold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
...there's nothing in the 48 like Southern Cali and South Florida.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:31 AM

366 posts, read 297,886 times
It's 25 in Dallas now. I like Winter (Texas Winters anyway), but this is just too damn cold. I also get sick in the Winter and it takes me weeks to fully recover.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:31 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,684,158 times
Me too........I love summer.......Heat, and Sunshine.....Of course as I am Summering
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather