Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 02:56 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times

Advertisements

People do homework?

Old 04-22-2014, 02:59 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Yes and it is so pointless because I have exams in three weeks (REAL EXAMS).. I have no time for petty worksheets.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:02 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Except there was no discussion at all. Dean asked me a question, and I responded. Straightforward I think. It isn't like it was deleted by proxy - it was just deleted for apparently no real reason at all.

Still, these posts will probably be deleted for discussing moderation.
No but I have to defend nei here. Being a moderator on a discussion forum is probably one of the worst volunteer jobs there is.

I think specifying every single one deleted post would be too much to ask, especially in an owenc spam rage. "Your post wasn't a personal attack, but you referred to the poster who said this and that and for that reason your post was deleted as well, as the original message or direct reference was the whole removal.

And then Dean York replies to you, and nei has to remove that post as well:

"I had to delete your post as you were quoting dunno what to put here and his post was referring to a previous personal attack, so due to the TOS I had to remove both of your posts. Don't be mad at me, you did nothing wrong, only some poster before".

Yeah, an endless quagmire.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:03 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Yes and it is so pointless because I have exams in three weeks (REAL EXAMS).. I have no time for petty worksheets.
That's what I hated about high school.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
That's what I hated about high school.
Yea... idk they think they are helping but really they are stressing us out.. Teachers give me a lot of work that actually is totally and utterly pointless. They say 'oh we know best' but really they know whats best for them. I just agree with them and pretend that i'm going to do what they tell me I should do but when it comes to the exam all their **** goes out the door and I do the exam MY WAY.

Oh and its so annoying when they give you a massive HW and then you go kill yourself doing it only for them to totally forget about it.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:07 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
No but I have to defend nei here. Being a moderator on a discussion forum is probably one of the worst volunteer jobs there is.

I think specifying every single one deleted post would be too much to ask, especially in an owenc spam rage. "Your post wasn't a personal attack, but you referred to the poster who said this and that and for that reason your post was deleted as well, as the original message or direct reference was the whole removal.

And then Dean York replies to you, and nei has to remove that post as well:

"I had to delete your post as you were quoting dunno what to put here and his post was referring to a previous personal attack, so due to the TOS I had to remove both of your posts. Don't be mad at me, you did nothing wrong, only some poster before".

Yeah, an endless quagmire.
I'm not bashing nei or anything, I'm just saying that there was no argument or rude posts on that thread, or at least I don't think there was. Maybe an argument broke out after I posted, and mine was removed for some reason? I dunno. Seems odd though. I didn't respond to any rude or troll posts by Owen or anything like that.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:09 PM

I don't troll..

Old 04-22-2014, 03:22 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
I'm not bashing nei or anything, I'm just saying that there was no argument or rude posts on that thread, or at least I don't think there was. Maybe an argument broke out after I posted, and mine was removed for some reason? I dunno. Seems odd though. I didn't respond to any rude or troll posts by Owen or anything like that.
I have no idea. Every morning I see blank spaces between posts so seems like a regular day.

w
h
a
t
e
v
e
r

Old 04-22-2014, 03:36 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Except there was no discussion at all. Dean asked me a question, and I responded. Straightforward I think. It isn't like it was deleted by proxy - it was just deleted for apparently no real reason at all.
I have no idea why I deleted that one; I must have read throught it quickly and mixed it up with the other conversation. Rather than discuss moderation, you could report the post or send me a DM.

Quote:
Still, these posts will probably be deleted for discussing moderation.
They will, but at this point I thought I might as well respond to clear up confusion so everyone could see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Love how Nei keeps deleting any posts I make in reply to Owen, calling them "rude" when all the rude posts Owen makes, including such ones as him telling me to "**** off & post on a Maltese forum" , remain...
Because I don't (and can't) read every single post, and sometimes when I do read I'm not paying careful attention. A lot of these personall attacks occur on the Unhappy thread, which I ignore at times and often has little real content. As for owenc, he's not ermm, the most polite poster, but neither are the ones that go out of the way to criticize him, it's definitely doesn't help the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

Yes, it would be a pain to place the reason individually. I often tack on "/ response to deleted posts" but sometimes I forget.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:02 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,816,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
I only have 1 week left of school to study leave yet I have a ton of hw. I will never understand why teachers give us hw..

only got 2 hours of revision done today. The sooner these exams are over the better. Its so stressful and makes me want to give up.
School is rubbish owen. The amount of homework is absolutely ridiculous.
Still, it's just a bit of hard work that will hopefully benefit you later on in life. Get yourself into a decent Uni, then into a good career.
You'll look back in a few years and be grateful that you put these hours in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather