Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 10:52 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,829,678 times

Advertisements

My concern if I am thinking of the correct community is the trains that are near by. They are very close and even when I lived a few miles from one I could hear it at certain times.
As for schools I looked this up and it said the district has a 10 rating which is the highest. It is hard for me to believe there is only 1 good school district. What one person may find better in a school for their child is different then the district being bad. If you don't have children and are just concerned about environment or resale I would look at a rating system
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 10:07 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,387,627 times
Boca Middle does not have a 10 Rating just so you know and neither does Boca Elem..Boca HS however does..and although schools are rated high there are schools in all areas that perform better academically than others and offer different things...

greatschools.net Boca elem 4
Boca Middle is an 8

So if this school is in that district Danielle than I dont see where its a 10 consider we have friends that attend that middle school along with other middle schools here in Boca..

If its Omni Middle is a 9
Don Estridge is a 10
Again Numbers don't mean anything parent reviews are important but also need to be taken with caution because not everyone might have the same experience....also One can go to the Schools Report Card and see the numbers...I did do my Homework before I moved...

Old 12-18-2011, 12:42 PM

It is Addison Mizner and it has a 10. I did not look up every school but what my point is that you always suggest that 1 school district. Well what about people who can't or don't live there. So every other school district is not good? If that was true the home prices where you are would be outrageous.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:44 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,912,353 times
The schools in the area in question are above average, but the area just has more to offer for a childless couple in comparison to west Boca. West Boca has top notch schools but is a bit far from everything, so it's main appeal lies in quiet, safe neighborhoods and aforementioned schools, and you are mainly paying for the schools as there are tons of similar neighborhoods around South Florida that cost a bit less. This is not to suggest that Camino Gardens/Palm Beach Farms is not a safe or quiet area, but it has mixed appeal to families with children and childless couples alike, and has more of the "coastal" feel with more "character" for what it's worth and a more central location to different amenities.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
It is Addison Mizner and it has a 10. I did not look up every school but what my point is that you always suggest that 1 school district. Well what about people who can't or don't live there. So every other school district is not good? If that was true the home prices where you are would be outrageous.
Yes and addison mizner feeds into Boca Middle and MOST people send their kids to Private School for Middle School who can afford it and those that don't send them to Boca Middle because they have no choice, point being and having experience with different school in the same town there is a difference...and those in that area send them to Boca High which is an excellent HS..Im going to pick up my daughter who's friend goes to boca middle I wont say on here what they think of the school but they unfortunately can't sell their home and move, so they deal with it..Sorry this is coming from the Parents...Boca Middle has a good Gifted Program and is a Choice School, however its quiet under capacity in a highly populated area...and I agree with Compelled as far as that area than opposed to West Boca for someone who does not have kids and plans on staying put for a while...Its a very nice neighborhood...

Old 12-18-2011, 03:55 PM

623 posts, read 1,303,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post

The one school district is mentioned by TONS of parents in the area as it is known to be one of the best. From people who have their kids in these schools, or have HAD their kids in the said schools.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKIRAV View Post
The one school district is mentioned by TONS of parents in the area as it is known to be one of the best. From people who have their kids in these schools, or have HAD their kids in the said schools.
Your Absoultely right and I was talking to my neighbor who moved here from Boston, and said she looked all over Boca and the only Middle school she was sending her kids too was Omni she said after speaking with the school and doing all her homework this was where they wanted to be. ...

Old 12-18-2011, 07:18 PM

generalized comment .To the OP I have no idea about schools. I just looked online and it got a 10. My concern if you don't have kids would be the trains because those at 2 am would bother me.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 12-19-2011 at 08:57 AM..

Old 12-18-2011, 09:58 PM

17,326 posts, read 22,065,118 times
Elm is in Camino Gardens, 19th is Palm Beach Farms with Camino Lakes and Carriage Hill very close by. Technically 19th turns into Camino Lakes Circle east of 8th ave.....

Boca Estates is east of the El Rio canal and was built on the old landfill right next to the FEC railroad tracks and Dixie highway.....it is the only gated one of the group mentioned.

Just a history lesson, there was a time Omni was one of the least desirable schools in the county and according to one poster Boca Middle is having it's turn....schools can be cyclical in the ratings so what is the best now might not be in 10 years (all it takes is a boundary line redrawing)

Old 12-19-2011, 11:18 AM

that is funny because my friend has lived in east boca for 20 years and Boca Middle was never considered a good school so she tells me..that is very interesting when I was researching OMNI has been an excellent school for a very long time def in the past 10 years because of all the Influx of People that moved here...We have more Northern's who just moved here where we live because of the schools...again its all relative, and the OP doesn't have any children and if one plans on Staying in their home for a long time than at this point it shouldn't matter because who knows the next person to buy the house might not have children or they might send to private school anyhow...But if someone is looking to buy short term than the schools are important..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach