Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:51 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrisaLou View Post
Our family loves:

Sunshine, sunshine and more sunshine.

Wearing flip-flops year round.

Palm trees and flowers everywhere, everyday!!

Happy tourists that are jealous that you live here!

Mickey is a state resident.

Meeting people from everywhere.

Beautiful beaches.

Not being depressed by a long, cold, gloomy winter.

Talking to others who feel blessed to live here.
Add:
Cost of Living

Year round Golf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 01:11 PM

88 posts, read 182,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie55 View Post
I can only speak for Boynton, but east Boynton definitely has high crime. I live there and recently moved to Tuscany on the Intracoastal which does not have crime (it is basically run like a 55 and over community although it is not one) but all the areas surrounding it do. It's a shame. I like living near the water and it's cheaper than Boca so I just exercise caution. Have you thought about Deerfield Beach? They have really made some great improvements and I don't think the crime is as bad as Boynton, but I do think the nice condos there are quite expensive. At Tuscany, you can get a one bedroom condo for around $160,000 and a two bedroom for around $200,000 and they are very nice. And the place is like Fort Knox to get into - you can't unless you're a resident or visiting someone who lets you in - you can't follow a car in through the gate or get through the pedestrian gate without a card. They have serious security here. The area surrounding it is not as bad as some of the areas north of it. I don't feel unsafe here at all but I wouldn't walk around the Federal Hwy Woolbright area alone at night either.

That is so funny you say that I also live in Tuscany and we always say how we feel like we are living in jail here. Well it is not as bad since one unnamed security guard has been fired But it is very nice and inexpensive in Tuscany. That being said, you take two steps outside the gate and you are surrounded with hookers and drug dealers walking up and down Federal. There is a new place being built on Woolbright and Federal which might be nice too. The only thing about living in the Boynton/Delray area is that you will feel out of place if you are not over 85 years old.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:58 AM

10 posts, read 35,429 times
I love south Florida...this is where my family at from Miami all the way to West Palm Beach...I know people in every city, every HOOD, and hang out spots, wither the bad or the good. South Florida till the day I die.(That's if God has something else for me).

Old 08-19-2009, 06:57 AM

81 posts, read 294,248 times
I want to hear more of these comments! Anyone else out there want to share?

Old 08-19-2009, 12:19 PM

6 posts, read 20,322 times
Default Cold! Florida!

Cold up here in the panhandle! Was in Hawaii 17 years. Can you recommend anyplace (Vero Beach to Coral Gables) where rent is ok and fairly safe? Pensacola is a little rough, so can handle. Thanks, DR

Old 08-19-2009, 08:23 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,598,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacolacold View Post
Cold up here in the panhandle! Was in Hawaii 17 years. Can you recommend anyplace (Vero Beach to Coral Gables) where rent is ok and fairly safe? Pensacola is a little rough, so can handle. Thanks, DR
Unfortunately in SoFla cheap rent does not go along with safe on average. Depends on what you mean by rent is ok, $1K+/month or ? If you look around you can find 1 bedrooms in the less populated areas for under $1K.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:18 PM

38 posts, read 82,830 times
Default What I Like About FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1010 View Post
I grew up there but I currently live in CT with my husband and daughter. We often talk about moving back to be near our families, but we really like living up north.

Tell me, what do you like about South Florida?
The weather. I just returned north (50 something degrees) from Port Saint Lucie.

I am simply downsizing, selling what I can, giving away the rest. This weather is for the birds.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:48 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,830,458 times
For sure the weather. Coming from a state of 7 months of gloom/cold/snow I will take the heat and humidity any day.Sunshine can make someone much happier too. Also there is more to do socially and if one wants almost like little vacation get aways that is just a short drive away.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:53 PM

50 posts, read 168,102 times
We get some of the most beautiful sunsets in South Florida, especially after a hard rain. Occasionally, we get a full rainbow that stretches all the way across the sky. There are many days when I wish I had my camera on hand to capture the natural beauty here.

I also love the wildlife and nature preserves in Palm Beach County. And the beaches in north county are peaceful places where I can reflect on life. They are not as crowded either, which make them more desirable to visit.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:46 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,240,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
For sure the weather. Coming from a state of 7 months of gloom/cold/snow I will take the heat and humidity any day.Sunshine can make someone much happier too. Also there is more to do socially and if one wants almost like little vacation get aways that is just a short drive away.
That's why I plan to relocate to FL. Winters vary greatly here from year to year. They can be very mild with hardly any snow, or nasty like last winter when we had temps below zero day and night for weeks. Last winter was HARD to handle & if we have another like that, I'm outta here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach