Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 11:04 AM

92 posts, read 233,222 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what homes in village of washington trails use to sell for? My husband and I just put an offer on a home on Dinwiddie way in this s/d (why a builder would use that for a street name is beyond me)........ And what school district is this s/d in, elementary school to be exact since we have a son in kindergarten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 01:31 PM

240 posts, read 831,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgsxt19 View Post
Does anyone know what homes in village of washington trails use to sell for? My husband and I just put an offer on a home on Dinwiddie way in this s/d (why a builder would use that for a street name is beyond me)........ And what school district is this s/d in, elementary school to be exact since we have a son in kindergarten.
Houses in that neighborhood previously sold in the 300s. Now the value seems to have stablized in the low 200s, with an occasional deal a little cheaper. Ryan homes developed most of the development. The address is Kearneysville, but the development is in Berkeley County. I believe the elementary school will be Baker Heights.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:01 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,234,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgsxt19 View Post
... on Dinwiddie way in this s/d (why a builder would use that for a street name is beyond me)........
Robert Dinwiddie was the British Lt. Governor of Virginia in the mid 1700s, and is considered to be responsible for the French and Indian War. Dinwiddie is a common name in Virginia; there's a county and perhaps even a town named Dinwiddie.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:03 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,039,100 times
I'd betBritish Gov. Dinwiddie was a pompous butthead.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:44 AM

92 posts, read 233,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorpus View Post
Robert Dinwiddie was the British Lt. Governor of Virginia in the mid 1700s, and is considered to be responsible for the French and Indian War. Dinwiddie is a common name in Virginia; there's a county and perhaps even a town named Dinwiddie.

I did not know this. Interesting, even though I still don't care for it. I guess you learn something new everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia