Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 01:41 AM

708 posts, read 1,157,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post

I actually do have stasticis. YOU dont and you are ignoring the statistics because they prove you wrong as usual.

So your comment ics, or pretty much anybody who debates you, you dismiss them cause they prove you wrong as usual. You only want statistics to work in your favor when they favor your argument is applying to YOU right now.

You have presented NOTHING. This isnt the first time this has happened either. Remember when you showed that article about WV development because you thought the author was supporting your position for a highway in McDowell, and when you found he was arguing against roads being built in rural areas and was only arguing for roads in more urban areas of WV that were close to urban centers in other centers you ignored your own source when you realized you made a mistake and the source was supporting me. Remember when you asked for proof of the harmful effects of strip mining and ignored everything too? It is a pattern with you of supporting statistics, articles, facts only when they show things you want to be true, however shady they are, and ignoring them when YOU disagree with the conclusion. That is what you are doing right NOW. The worst part is you are being hypocrite right now by doing what you allege I do.

However, I am not interested in pointing out hypocrisy and your fallacies. I am not interested in changing the topic.

So if you have any RELEVANT statistics too share about this topic at hand Curse please share them. If you are going to make hypocritical personal attacks I take that as acknowledgement you have NOTHING and are resorting to fallacies since you dont have any factual support. I suspect now you are trying to get the thread closed by doing this since these are facts you cant refute and you dont want people to know these facts.

Here are the facts. Charleston has the worst well being in WV and Huntington has the 2nd worst well being. If you have proof otherwise, if ANYONE has proof otherwise, share it. If not deal with it.
Typing a half page rebuttal does nothing for your case as usual.

Once again on the Highway Proposal your STILL trying to twist it into something it doesn't say because you were proved wrong.

I've posted relevant facts in regards to to counter what this poll states, yet you do not want to hear it.

On to the next one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 07:12 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,050,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I have never been to Huntington, but I don't see how CHarleston ranks so low.

Most New Jersey cities and many Pennsylvania cities are far more miserable. At least Charleston has very little traffic and crime compared to other cities.
Let me tell you something. I lived in the NYC area for many years. I would take living in Charleston or Huntington any day over just about any place in New Jersey. There are cities in New Jersey where you virtually have to speak Swahili to be able to get directions in a gas station. If the bozos running our country have their way, that is going to get a lot worse rather than getting better. They can take their negative "studies" and jam them. Most of them are just trying to sell articles and have little basis in reality.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:08 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,879,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
Typing a half page rebuttal does nothing for your case as usual.

Once again on the Highway Proposal your STILL trying to twist it into something it doesn't say because you were proved wrong.

I've posted relevant facts in regards to to counter what this poll states, yet you do not want to hear it.

On to the next one...
LOL,

still no sources curse?

I twist nothing. Source clearly labels Charleston as number #1 and Huntington as #2. You are the one denying it based off nothing. You have posted NOTHING relevant. Only some unrelated information about Flint, which does not pertain to well being.

Like I said Curse come back when you have proof. Until then you are just ignoring facts you dont like based off nothing, which is something you do alot.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Let me tell you something. I lived in the NYC area for many years. I would take living in Charleston or Huntington any day over just about any place in New Jersey. There are cities in New Jersey where you virtually have to speak Swahili to be able to get directions in a gas station. If the bozos running our country have their way, that is going to get a lot worse rather than getting better. They can take their negative "studies" and jam them. Most of them are just trying to sell articles and have little basis in reality.
The fact remains they have the worst well being.

You can ignore the facts but it wont change them.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:19 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
The fact remains they have the worst well being.

You can ignore the facts but it wont change them.
What facts? The numbskull that wrote this article that you cling so dearly too. What facts does he/she have? It's a subjective piece of crap article that is not based on any fact, but based on meaningless tidbits of turds that mean nothing other than what meaning the author chooses to squeeze them in to.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
What facts? The numbskull that wrote this article that you cling so dearly too. What facts does he/she have? It's a subjective piece of crap article that is not based on any fact, but based on meaningless tidbits of turds that mean nothing other than what meaning the author chooses to squeeze them in to.

What article and what author?

It is research by an organization using statistics. I realize you may not know the difference between subjective opinion and statistical research, but they are pretty much polar opposites of each other. This comment is an inane subjective rant that demonstrates you dont understand this topic, and dont understand statistics or empirical research.

Why are you commenting about an issue you know nothing about?

Come back when you understand what is being discussed, and if you do come back with facts not opinion.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:59 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times
I have traveled to more than half the states in the nation. West Virginians seemed very easygoing, open, and friendly, at least in all the places I've been to - Charleston, Charles Town, Hampshire County, Harpers Ferry, Martinsburg, and Buckhannon.

Based on my own experiences, the most unhappy places are New Jersey, Philadelphia, the DC area, and the Los Angeles area. People in these places always seemed to be in a bad mood and their nerves always seemed frayed, maybe its the stress of all the traffic, overcrowding, noise, and crime. I'll be moving to Charleston in less than a month now, and live in Baltimore now. Both places don't have huge traffic issues (at least not my part of Baltimore). When I go to the DC area like once every month or so I immediately get very agitated with the traffic. I would go insane if I had to deal with that on a daily basis.

West Virginia does have some economic worries. Its terrible how Obama is how being completely open about his war on coal. In his second term he doesn't even have to attempt to hide his agenda anymore.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I have traveled to more than half the states in the nation. West Virginians seemed very easygoing, open, and friendly, at least in all the places I've been to - Charleston, Charles Town, Hampshire County, Harpers Ferry, Martinsburg, and Buckhannon.

Based on my own experiences, the most unhappy places are New Jersey, Philadelphia, the DC area, and the Los Angeles area. People in these places always seemed to be in a bad mood and their nerves always seemed frayed, maybe its the stress of all the traffic, overcrowding, noise, and crime. I'll be moving to Charleston in less than a month now, and live in Baltimore now. Both places don't have huge traffic issues (at least not my part of Baltimore). When I go to the DC area like once every month or so I immediately get very agitated with the traffic. I would go insane if I had to deal with that on a daily basis.

West Virginia does have some economic worries. Its terrible how Obama is how being completely open about his war on coal. In his second term he doesn't even have to attempt to hide his agenda anymore.
That is a personal opinion. It doesn't reflect anyone but yourself. Overall people in Charleston are ranked the worst in well being. However, if you are happy it doesn't matter how other people feel. Your well being is what is important.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:07 PM

708 posts, read 1,157,778 times
Quote:

i agree Tom, but according to some people, our real life experiences of places we have actually been to are just irrelevant. Random sample polls of a fractional amount of people in a place with anywhere from 48,000 residents on up with a margin of error are FACTS High crime rates, poverty rates, unemployment rates, urban sprawl, traffic congestion, census numbers and other factors are ARBITRARY AND IRELEVANT.

I just don't know what to believe anymore...

Old 06-25-2013, 03:13 PM

[QUOTEyou rseOfWilmore;30186998]i agree Tom, but accordingo some people, our real life experiences of places we have actually been to are just irrelevant. Random sample polls of a fractional amount of people in a place with anywhere frombelieving esidents on up with a margin of error are FACTS High crime rates, poverty rates, unemployment rates, urban sprawl, traffic congestion, census numbers and other factors are ARBITRARY AND IRELEVANT.

I just don't know what to believe anymore...[/quote]

Curse you are not from Charleston or Huntington. Also the fact that they are the 2 worst cities for well being won't change your well being. The fact remains they are the 2 worst but that doesn't reflect every resident.

You should start believing in factual evidence instead of things you only want to believe in. You can't ignore facts because you don't like them and that is why you are having a crisis right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia