Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 08:18 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,565,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
It isnt published.

Saying something on a forum is not publishing it.

If and when you publish this claim I will gladly do so.

Good luck with your endeavor!
You are confusing "published" with "verified" I have published my survey results, the same as Gallup. As to independent verification? Well, first, who has independently verified Gallup's data? I will respond with my answer as soon as you provide theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 PM

While I am waiting on Cry, it's clear to anyone who knows/has visited WV that Charleston is far and away the most "big city" like and cosmopolitan area of WV. Morgantown is a quaint college town, and worth visiting, but is no where near comparison to the Capital City.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:24 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,880,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
You are confusing "published" with "verified" I have published my survey results, the same as Gallup. As to independent verification? Well, first, who has independently verified Gallup's data? I will respond with my answer as soon as you provide theirs.
If you mean announced yes, you did.

That is not being published or used by any organization like Gallup. However we can leave it that you acknowledge Gallup is right because you cant refute it and you can tell people about your 'survey'.

I am sure you will be taken very seriously.

Maybe you should make a separate topic though as this topic is about how Charleston and Huntington are the unhappiest and most depressed cities in the US.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
While I am waiting on Cry, it's clear to anyone who knows/has visited WV that Charleston is far and away the most "big city" like and cosmopolitan area of WV. Morgantown is a quaint college town, and worth visiting, but is no where near comparison to the Capital City.
No, im not going to bother. Feel free to make that claim.

However, I do ask you make your own thread. This thread is about how Charleston and Huntington are the most unhappiest and depressed cities in the US.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
If you mean announced yes, you did.

That is not being published or used by any organization like Gallup. However we can leave it that you acknowledge Gallup is right because you cant refute it and you can tell people about your 'survey'.

I am sure you will be taken very seriously.

Maybe you should make a separate topic though as this topic is about how Charleston and Huntington are the unhappiest and most depressed cities in the US.
No, you are grossly mistaken. If Charleston is the unhappiest, depressed city, then my data proves scientifically that Morgantown is 3 times more unhappy and depressed than Charleston, as more than 3 out of 4 Charlestonians would rather be in Charleston v. Motown. (Motown was not rated, as it's a small village and not a city)

Old 06-27-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
No, you are grossly mistaken. If Charleston is the unhappiest, depressed city, then my data proves scientifically that Morgantown is 3 times more unhappy and depressed than Charleston, as more than 3 out of 4 Charlestonians would rather be in Charleston v. Motown. (Motown was not rated, as it's a small village and not a city)
Once you prove Gallup wrong you can make that claim.

Your announcement is irrelevant to Gallup.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Once you prove Gallup wrong you can make that claim.
I have no gripe with Gallup. Motown is 3 times more depressing than the most depressing metro area in the country. Motown is a small village and therefore did not get it's own personal Gallup "score"

Old 06-27-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I have no gripe with Gallup. Motown is 3 times more depressing than the most depressing metro area in the country. Motown is a small village and therefore did not get it's own personal Gallup "score"
If you have proof that Gallup is wrong please show us.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
If you have proof that Gallup is wrong please show us.
I just told you I have no gripe with Gallup. My scientific survey shows that 3 out of 4 of the residents of the most miserable city in America would rather live in Charleston than Morgantown. Now to be fair, Morgantown, as a small hamlet, did not rate a survey result in Gallup, but based on my scientific data, Charleston is more desirable, 3 to 1, versus Morgantown. That would leave Morgantown 3 times worse than the "the most depressing city" in America.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I just told you I have no gripe with Gallup. My scientific survey shows that 3 out of 4 of the residents of the most miserable city in America would rather live in Charleston than Morgantown. Now to be fair, Morgantown, as a small hamlet, did not rate a survey result in Gallup, but based on my scientific data, Charleston is more desirable, 3 to 1, versus Morgantown. That would leave Morgantown 3 times worse than the "the most depressing city" in America.
RVA this thread is about how Gallup found Charleston and Huntington to be the unhappiest and most depressed cities in the US. This thread is for discussing that and nothing more. I am glad you acknowledge that Gallup is now right.

If you want to dispute Gallup feel free to show where and how they were wrong using actual statistics.

Your 'survey' is unrelated and off topic. Make your own thread if you want to discuss it. Gallup's statistics stand until you can disprove them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia