Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 07:42 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,879,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PynballWyzyrd View Post
I have taken probability and statisics, linear models, data analysis, advanced probability, and decision theory. Be careful...
Great, maybe you can use actual statistics to show Gallup was wrong.

Nobody else can do this.

To be fair though you haven't been going around saying, "these statistics are MAYBE wrong so let's ignore them." So that comment only really pertains to people who are in denial of data and methods they dont understand, without being able to show how it is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 08:02 PM

708 posts, read 1,157,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Great, maybe you can use actual statistics to show Gallup was wrong.

Nobody else can do this.

To be fair though you haven't been going around saying, "these statistics are MAYBE wrong so let's ignore them." So that comment only really pertains to people who are in denial of data and methods they dont understand, without being able to show how it is wrong.
But then again your acceptance of the Gallup poll with opionated responses and margin of error are unfallable FACTS.

When your opinionated facts are compared against real data such as crime, poverty, unemployment rates, you are in denial about whats relevant, and dismiss the actual relevant statistics to the quality of life in cities.

That's why when people read your responses they laugh and chuckle, because you cling to being wrong and wear it as a badge of honor.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
But then again your acceptance of the Gallup poll with opionated responses and margin of error are unfallable FACTS.

When your opinionated facts are compared against real data such as crime, poverty, unemployment rates, you are in denial about whats relevant, and dismiss the actual relevant statistics to the quality of life in cities.

That's why when people read your responses they laugh and chuckle, because you cling to being wrong and wear it as a badge of honor.
No, I am accepting statistical research that has not been shown to be wrong and where no alternative information has been showing.

You are rejecting statistical facts because of your opinionated bias.

The statistical research has not been compared to ant real data such as crime, poverty, unemployment rates, etc. I have asked you and everyone else who doesnt believe this to do this, but no one can.

That's why you are all being ignorant and are wrong. You can laugh and chuckle at facts you dont like all day, but at the end of the day the joke is on you and everyone else is laughing at you. So by all means be proud of ignorance, but it is this kind of attitude that is causing Charleston and Huntington to be so miserable to begin with. Refusing to believe the truth wont change it.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:52 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,903 times
I made random survey calls to 100 Charleston residents. The one question I asked: Would you be happier living in Charleston or Morgantown WV? My responses show 72 choosing Charleston, versus 28 choosing Motown over Charleston.

This was a scientific, statistically accurate survey in that the calls were random, and all were asked the exact same question.l

The scientific, factual, conclusion is that Charleston is a considerably more desirable place to live than Morgantown, by nearly three to one according to Charleston residents.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:01 PM

708 posts, read 1,157,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
I made random survey calls to 100 Charleston residents. The one question I asked: Would you be happier living in Charleston or Morgantown WV? My responses show 72 choosing Charleston, versus 28 choosing Motown over Charleston.

This was a scientific, statistically accurate survey in that the calls were random, and all were asked the exact same question.l

The scientific, factual, conclusion is that Charleston is a considerably more desirable place to live than Morgantown, by nearly three to one according to Charleston residents.
Way to go RVA, we need more interactive City-Data posters!

Will that certain someone accept these facts or call them arbitrary

Old 06-27-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:

Arbitrary? These are cold, hard scientific facts. Unless Cry can produce hard scientific facts to refute my survey, then he is just denying science...........because "he just doesn't believe it"

Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:

So you acknowledge Gallup is right.

Now just get your data published and acknowledged after review.

Dont give up.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
So you acknowledge Gallup is right.

Now just get your data published and acknowledged after review.

Dont give up.
I don't need or want Gallup. My data is published - right here on CD

Now Science Boy - Refute it!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:

Yes, we do I am excited for when RVA reveals this survey to the world to be taken seriously.

If he really does with solid data and valid methods people may believe it.

Im sure he will keep us posted on his progress. Maybe he should contact gallup and see if they will back his data.

The best part of this all by arguing this RVA acknowledges Gallup is right. He is throwing away his earlier arguments, however weak and wrong they were.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I don't need or want Gallup. My data is published - right here on CD

Now Science Boy - Refute it!!!!!!!!!!!
It isnt published.

Saying something on a forum is not publishing it.

If and when you publish this claim I will gladly do so.

Good luck with your endeavor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia