Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:03 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,844,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
This makes my heart ache for my home so bad. I didn't think living in a different area would hurt as much as it does.

I'm glad you are safe SS!
Just out of curiosity, Saucy, where did you end up moving? Your location thing still says Fairview, so I never even knew you didn't still live here. Do you live in a particularly urban area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 10:54 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Saucy moved to Greenville.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 PM

312 posts, read 1,017,636 times
This is what we do w/o thinking about it... however we no longer live in WNC (Hubby is in the Airforce) .. so the other day we are driving in town (NM) and we see a little boy about the age of 8ish.. his basketball goal had fallen down and he was having a hard time getting it back up.. so we pulled over and watched him (sounds creepy but it all happened in less than 30 seconds).. he almost had it back up.. then it started to fall on him. My husband jumpped out of the car and ran towards him. (My husband was in uniform.. kinda takes away little bit of the creepy feeling lol)

The lil dude moved out of the way and , of course, started to back up and said he didnt need any help. Its hard to be kind to strangers in towns that arent used to it.. If my kid was outside alone (doesnt happen here.. we live in the middle of the city grrr!!) and somebody stopped their car.. she would be inside asap.

I miss the country so much!!!!

Old 04-21-2011, 10:02 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,844,856 times
^ Well why don't you move out of the city? AsI understand it, there are lots of beautiful places outside of the cities in NM that are totally gorgeous and laid-back. In fact, I have always been told that NM is by far the nicest place in the desert Southwest.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:31 PM

312 posts, read 1,017,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
^ Well why don't you move out of the city? AsI understand it, there are lots of beautiful places outside of the cities in NM that are totally gorgeous and laid-back. In fact, I have always been told that NM is by far the nicest place in the desert Southwest.
The town we are in is a small town. Nothing really out there.. We live in Clovis NM and there really isnt many options for housing here... other than in the city. We dont wanna move further away from the Base.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:21 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,468,873 times
Yea I moved to greenville at the end of Januaray. Its definitely a different place and I don't plan to stay here forever. I'm already allowed to work from home occasionally so I'm hoping it will become a permanent thing in a few years and I can move back up to the mountains.

I was holding off on changing my location for the same reason I haven't changed my radio presets in my car. It makes me sad to know Asheville isn't my home anymore. Hey at least I still have an 828 number right?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:36 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucystargazer View Post
I'm already allowed to work from home occasionally so I'm hoping it will become a permanent thing in a few years and I can move back up to the mountains.
Now that would be awesome.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:26 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,223,416 times
GREAT story!!!!! We are truly blessed!

Old 06-27-2011, 04:50 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
I love the "We've blown out a flip flop"! That's priceless!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:12 AM

13 posts, read 52,139 times
Wonderful story, thxs for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina