Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:25 PM

3 posts, read 8,547 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at buying a house on Butler Bridge Road and I've heard rumors of a shopping center being built near that road and 25. I've seen it also mentioned in a few threads on here. Anyone know about this?

I called the Henderson county zoning people and they said there has been no application for that made. I also heard that the Tap Root Dairy on Butler Bridge road is for sale. The Zoning guy wouldn't confirm that.

Any other news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 09:57 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,004,370 times
From last September.

FLETCHER -- A Charlotte developer plans to build a major shopping center on 200 acres of the Tap Root dairy farm.

New shopping center on tap | Serving Henderson, Transylvania and Polk Counties | North Carolina | BlueRidgeNow.com

Old 04-09-2008, 10:32 PM

3 posts, read 8,547 times
Thanks for that article. I wonder why the Henderson County Zoning people said that no application has been submitted. Maybe that's different than just getting the land rezoned to commerical.

That article started off by saying it was approved, then down the page it said it was denied. I didn't understand that part.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:56 PM

46 posts, read 182,573 times
I have heard this rumor also... a large outlet center! I know for residents nearby that is not so desirable... but I hope we get it! We need a closer outlet center! Also... the Biltmore Square Mall is conforming to an outlet center which is exciting! ... it was bought out in late 2005.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:56 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
From last September.

FLETCHER -- A Charlotte developer plans to build a major shopping center on 200 acres of the Tap Root dairy farm.

New shopping center on tap | Serving Henderson, Transylvania and Polk Counties | North Carolina | BlueRidgeNow.com
Charlotte spreading what is wrong with Charlotte. Anything for a fast buck and to heck with how unsavory the strip mall hell they leave behind.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:07 PM

126 posts, read 688,833 times
Isn't that Buncombe county?

Old 04-13-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheMystic View Post
Isn't that Buncombe county?
Henderson County.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:21 PM

33 posts, read 93,218 times
How is all this supposed to work out exactly? Now folks in Henderson Co can go buy milk and butter that comes from....?

Old 04-14-2008, 09:29 PM

North Carolina's dairy industry is dying as a result of increased production and fuel costs, interstate dairy competition and a shortage of young farmers willing to carry on the state's dairy tradition. North Carolina lost an additional 25 dairy farms during the past year, which resulted in a decrease from 365 to 340 farms. North Carolina is dairy deficient, and thus, depends on milk and dairy products from other states to adequately meet the demand.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:49 PM

33 posts, read 93,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
North Carolina's dairy industry is dying as a result of increased production and fuel costs, interstate dairy competition and a shortage of young farmers willing to carry on the state's dairy tradition. North Carolina lost an additional 25 dairy farms during the past year, which resulted in a decrease from 365 to 340 farms. North Carolina is dairy deficient, and thus, depends on milk and dairy products from other states to adequately meet the demand.
Last I heard, Mecklenburg Co. is down to the last two. When I was little, our family had friends up in the northern part of the county that owned a dairy farm. The developers have changed even the lay of the land to the point that where that farm once was is totally unrecognizable.

I wish the Horizon dairy people would buy that land in Henderson Co from the Charlotte developers and keep it going as a dairy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina