Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 05:06 AM

628 posts, read 403,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyRanger View Post
Hi Stede,

Can you please point everyone here to some of the documentation that you're alluding to which supports your concerns about racism being a systemic problem? Perhaps that would help everyone to review and discuss the data that helped you to reach your conclusion.
Sorry troll. Not gonna bite. The data is there for you, and "everyone here", to look up on your own. Anyone with a semi-functioning, half-way open mind already understands the reality and I'm afraid there's little hope for the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 05:44 AM

68 posts, read 150,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
Sorry troll. Not gonna bite. The data is there for you, and "everyone here", to look up on your own. Anyone with a semi-functioning, half-way open mind already understands the reality and I'm afraid there's little hope for the others.
Troll? Really? I'm sorry, name calling will not deflect the issue at large. It's too important. I genuinely want to see what you're referring to as being well documented. I'm not implying that it's not there, I'm just asking you to present what you specifically view as making this an open and shut case. I genuinely want to read them and learn. Again, I kindly request that you provide links and you have my word that I will read them.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Troll? Really? I'm sorry, name calling will not deflect the issue at large. It's too important. I genuinely want to see what you're referring to as being well documented. I'm not implying that it's not there, I'm just asking you to present what you specifically view as making this an open and shut case. I genuinely want to read them and learn. Again, I kindly request that you provide links and you have my word that I will read them.
Google "systemic racism" if you're genuinely interested. Easy enough!

Old 06-08-2020, 06:33 AM

902 posts, read 815,080 times
Hopefully everyone here can see why I bow out after a certain point. Nothing posted here is accomplishing anything or contributing positively to change. Just a bunch of people being antagonistic towards each other.

Who cares where people draw their conclusions from? The internet police? How about getting off the keyboards and heading out to do a few good deeds today.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:05 AM

68 posts, read 150,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
Google "systemic racism" if you're genuinely interested. Easy enough!
I just did Stede. In fact I came across a study (https://www.nber.org/papers/w9873.pdf) buried in an article (from Ben and Jerry's of all places) that points to a bias regarding call backs for job openings based on candidates race specific names. The study does support a systemic bias and it is something I had not previously considered.

Despite what you may think, I'm not a troll and I am open minded. I genuinely want to sift through all of the noise and shouting and figure out the truth. My invitation remains open- If there are additional studies that stuck out to you, I will read them.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I just did Stede. In fact I came across a study (https://www.nber.org/papers/w9873.pdf) buried in an article (from Ben and Jerry's of all places) that points to a bias regarding call backs for job openings based on candidates race specific names. The study does support a systemic bias and it is something I had not previously considered.

Despite what you may think, I'm not a troll and I am open minded. I genuinely want to sift through all of the noise and shouting and figure out the truth. My invitation remains open- If there are additional studies that stuck out to you, I will read them.
I apologize if I mischaracterized you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina