Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:26 PM

300 posts, read 349,100 times

Advertisements

The link provided at the bottom is why you couldn't have a GPS on your windshield in MN

Minnesota's Laws on a GPS Windshield Mount | eHow.com

Since 2010, it is now legal to have GPS on windshield because of an amendment. I drove into MN before 2010 and at the time, it was illegal to have a GPS on windshield
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 05:34 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,621,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
can't have it on the windshield? That's news to me. I don't plan to ever take it off of there, nor do I plan to stop using it. I guess I know how cell phone users feel now. It's right by the rear view mirror, very easy to take a quick glance at without removing attention from the road. Any other way is more hazardous, regardless of what some airheaded politician thinks. I suppose they could ban them entirely... but from what I can see MN is one of the only states with such restrictions, so whatever.

I suppose I could just unfold a full sized map and keep it in my lap while staring down at it with a pen in my hand drawing lines to the next destination. That would be the safer alternative.

I would do just that if a cop stopped me for having a GPS mounted to my windshield. With the cop watching me, I would pull the GPS off the windshield, pull out and unfold a paper map, and place it over the steering wheel.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:36 AM

711 posts, read 1,689,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Well since liberals were in power when the bill was passed you can thank the liberals.
Oh those liberal boogeymen... I bet there's one under your bed too.

Better get a bright nightlight.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
hahaha.. you noticed something about minnesota drivers.. it's something how I pass almost everyone going 75 in minnesota on I-90... then when I get into south dakota where the speed limit is 75 and I'm going 80, I get passed by everyone except the lingering MN drivers. West of Sioux Falls on I-90 in particular, most people are going 85. Minnesotans are slow drivers, who love their left lane, and I've gotten pulled over for going 62 in a 55 in that state
Funny i had the same experience last week i was on I-90 where i was going 90 mph lol and i still had to move over for someone Not by a fellow Minnesotan of course, someone from Illinois i believe, and i found my self passing on the right alot. Once you get to South Dakota and Wisconsin everyone moves over or is already in the right lane which is nice.

Back on topic about Wisconsin, all us Minnesotans are scared of the State Patrols in Wisconsin because we think they are purposely looking for out-of-staters who are speeding. I don't believe it because not to long ago i was on 94 going 80 right passed a speed trap and they didnt even pull me over. Who knows maybe he was asleep

Old 01-10-2012, 01:59 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,621,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Funny i had the same experience last week i was on I-90 where i was going 90 mph lol and i still had to move over for someone Not by a fellow Minnesotan of course, someone from Illinois i believe, and i found my self passing on the right alot. Once you get to South Dakota and Wisconsin everyone moves over or is already in the right lane which is nice.

Back on topic about Wisconsin, all us Minnesotans are scared of the State Patrols in Wisconsin because we think they are purposely looking for out-of-staters who are speeding. I don't believe it because not to long ago i was on 94 going 80 right passed a speed trap and they didnt even pull me over. Who knows maybe he was asleep

Or talking on his cell phone.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:21 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
I go 5-7 above the limit (more on interstates where the speed limit is under 70) always and have never gotten a ticket in my life... 2 warnings. Maybe just lucky, but speeding above 80 on the interstate doesn't really save that much time (unless you're going 100+) and wastes gas too. Finding the route that avoids stoplights and stop signs works better.. for example I take the interstate to get to WI even though taking US-14 through MN would save 50 miles each way. Too much stop and go, and having to deal with slow MN drivers. Tried it once, never again. I got one of my 2 warnings, the one going 62 in a 55, doing that.

I'm one of them who coasts to stoplights rather then going full speed and slamming on the brakes.. I try to approach driving tactically, much to some people's annoyment. I try to be efficient while not wasting time.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:33 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
^ I always hear you South Dakota drivers are slow, but ive driven on all of I-90 and some of 29 and people were practically flying lol

Old 02-09-2012, 02:34 PM

24 posts, read 50,014 times
Wisconsin has quite good drivers. I lived there most of my life. Illinois seems to be very aggressive that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin