Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 12:28 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,783,131 times

Advertisements

Good grief, men like your dearly beloved really truly still exist in this day and age? If nothing else, direct him to a website where he can purchase a nice chastity belt to slip on you, along with a nice neck chain from which to hang the damned key until you return home from the "date". Get a thick enough chain and maybe he'll accidentally throttle himself with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 12:45 PM

12,111 posts, read 23,331,841 times
Your husband is in the wrong. Tell him that this is how business is conducted in America and that he needs to get used to it, as you are in America and he needs to respect your culture. Unless you think one of these guys is using dinner as a ruse to get into your pants, you don't have to explain away why you think it is safe to go to a business dinner with them.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:49 PM

12,111 posts, read 23,331,841 times
May I ask how long you have been married?

Old 11-08-2011, 01:07 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,070,909 times
What they said!!!!

Business is business and you will have to interact with people of both sexes. Your H had better get over it!

Old 11-08-2011, 01:29 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,193,025 times
Congrats though on not being barefoot and pregnant. I guess that is a step in the right direction.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:10 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,650,174 times
My first husband was like this while I was in graduate school (jealous of male classmates and so on). I had to sit him down and basically say, "I love and trust you to do what is best for yourself and our family, and if you love me, you'll have to do the same. We don't have a marriage if there is no trust and respect for the other person's decisions and opinions. I'm willing to discuss whatever is bothering you about this and then you need to respect the fact that you married a career woman and be proud of the fact that I want to do well and get ahead. The fact that I married you means you are the one I want and if I wanted to still see other men, I wouldn't have gotten married."

After saying something similar, you should go to the dinner. If there is a problem after that, then you may want to reassess your relationship with him.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:56 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,453,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Good grief, men like your dearly beloved really truly still exist in this day and age? If nothing else, direct him to a website where he can purchase a nice chastity belt to slip on you, along with a nice neck chain from which to hang the damned key until you return home from the "date". Get a thick enough chain and maybe he'll accidentally throttle himself with it.
Lol...half the dudes on this forum are like that.

"Women can't have male friends."
"You better watch your woman if she is facebooking a GUY!"
"My wife's best friend for 20 years is a guy! Oh, no!!!"
Yadda, etc, and so on and so forth.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,581,416 times
I think the "culture card" should not be applied to this situation - I do believe he is insecure in himself and thinks these men are a threat to his "property". I think if you let him dictate his views on this situation he will possibly start to feel "threatened" by anything you choose to do in your life. My mother always told us girls that someone who is jealous (my brother in law was the poster boy) is usually guilty of what he suspects you might be up to. In this case - she was dead on right!!! If you let him "win" this one, I don't see how you'll have a leg to stand on the next time. Is he prepared to assume ALL the financial responsibility in your household if he causes you to lose this job because of his narrow mind? If it were me, I would attend the business dinner and let the chips fall where they may. I just hope he doesn't show up at the restaurant and show his ass......

Old 11-08-2011, 03:07 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,581,416 times
Oh, and another thing.....does he actually think you would TELL him in advance about this dinner if you were up to no-good???? I would think you would just keep quiet and sneak off if that were the case - just thinking here.......hmmmm......

Old 11-08-2011, 03:16 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,780,397 times
He needs to grow up, you are married to a child in a mans body, this is only the tip of the iceberg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment