Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 10:55 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan78 View Post
The reason is because who are we to say that he don't have the right to his views and beliefs on marriage.
As noted by others, nobody is saying he doesn't have a right to his views. I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

Quote:
Since this post started there have been so many wild uneducated views towards this guy, some say he has jealousy issues, control issues, and some were even stereotypical towards his entire culture LOL. The OP ask for thoughts and I gave her mine
To start, you are not educated to a degree in order to ascertain what posts are and are not educated. Second, your opinion does not trump the OPs story and experience.

Quote:
Nope I have views about how a married woman should behave just like him, nothing in relation to jealousy and control
Um, yes it is about control. It's not up to you to decide how other people, who are not you, behave and conduct themselves. They're not your decisions to make. You can only control your own behavior.

Quote:
Business dinner, whats next business dates are OK also lol.
You're sounding pretty childish here.

Quote:
Ok i'm done posting on this hilarious thread, if I could only do my thesis on this forum and all of the uneducated perceptions of someones issues based on their views it would be awsome. BTW yes I currently hold a BS in psychology and I'm working on a MS
I have little doubt you are doing so through a for-profit. UoP perhaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,641,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Exactly. And most of the theories that come out of a textbook tend to be a lot less cut and dry once one steps out into the real world.

As someone with an advanced psychology degree, and who has been out in the field for a very long time, here is my answer: Some people have views or beliefs that are just...well...stupid.

Or maybe he's just a d-bag.

Believe it or not - there are many couples who have no issues with their spouse / significant other hanging out with members of the opposite sex (or the same sex if they happen to be gay), not just in business settings, but in social settings as well.

Finish your M.S. and then step into the real world for 10-15 years. You will come to realize that textbook knowledge is only a small fraction of your real education.

I still doubt he is working on a MS... the phrasing of him speaking about his "major" in Psychology lends itself to he has a Bachelors. I would never say, I have a major in Information Systems for my Masters. Likewise I would never say I am majoring in Business for my MBA studies. I would say I am pursuing a Product Development concentration for my MBA-- but would never say major.

Nor would any other person I know in graduate studies.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheduns View Post
I still doubt he is working on a MS... the phrasing of him speaking about his "major" in Psychology lends itself to he has a Bachelors. I would never say, I have a major in Information Systems for my Masters. Likewise I would never say I am majoring in Business for my MBA studies. I would say I am pursuing a Product Development concentration for my MBA-- but would never say major.

Nor would any other person I know in graduate studies.
Agree and frankly it highlights how an undergrad in psych is so darn fluffy that my min pin could manage the program.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
BTW yes I currently hold a BS in psychology and I'm working on a MS
Wow, you must be in some kind of time warp. Back in August you were an undergrad (a junior).

Quote:
Guys I keep reading all of the large amount of student loans that people racking up today and I currently have an associates degree in Computer Science which I owe nothing on and I'm less that a year away from having a bachelors in psychology from a state univ and will owe around six grand when I'm done, I feel this is decent whats your thought?

BTW I have been doing IT for a few years and I'm ready to move on and I have been fortunate to get many grants and some employer reimbursement for my bachelors.
And now you're working on an MS? You just blew through that senior year in two months. Amazing. Just so you know, when you post on this forum your posts never go away. They're available for anyone to read at any time.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:22 AM

39 posts, read 135,708 times
36 credits since Jan, CLEP helped with remaining Gen Ed.

Currently in the MS program at Capella University, just started my first classes but I 'm working on it, thank you. I really didn't want to post on this anymore but it seems some doubted by educational abilities or should I say maybe doubted their own.

The OP ask for thoughts and as you will see I gave her mine in my original post then got hammered by people who didn't agree with my thoughts. Hopefully she will log back on and tell us all what happened. Have fun and I hate that some seem to have issues with other thoughts or views even when the original poster asked for them.

Good luck!

Old 11-11-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
36 credits since Jan, CLEP helped with remaining Gen Ed.

Currently in the MS program at Capella University, just started my first classes but I 'm working on it, thank you. I really didn't want to post on this anymore but it seems some doubted by educational abilities or should I say maybe doubted their own.

The OP ask for thoughts and as you will see I gave her mine in my original post then got hammered by people who didn't agree with my thoughts. Hopefully she will log back on and tell us all what happened. Have fun and I hate that some seem to have issues with other thoughts or views even when the original poster asked for them.

Good luck!
I so called it!

Old 11-11-2011, 11:51 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,641,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I so called it!

*whispers*

I was kinda of thinking the exact same thing.

The academic prowess of a for profit school is not something I would boast about.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:28 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,937,133 times
I work in a very male-dominated field, where my boss is male and my co-workers are all men. I've eaten lunch alone with my boss several times, as well as with my other male co-workers... the concept of this somehow being "controversial" has never, ever crossed my mind. Unless you've done things to make your husband suspicious of you being alone with other men, tell him to back off.

Last edited by thepinksquid; 11-11-2011 at 02:40 PM..

Old 11-12-2011, 06:31 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,714,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Reading this made me think of the pop-psych term "projection". You may have a more legit reason to be jealous than he is. Mister macho may be thinking about what he would do in the same circumstances.
Yup, alluded to this earlier...

Old 11-12-2011, 06:33 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,714,931 times
Quote:
Before I give my opinion first let me say that I have been married several years and I'm a psychology major, so yeah I know marriage and I know human behavior much better than most.
This very pompous introduction pretty much nullified anything else you had to offer afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment