Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 03:51 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
and is there any logical explanation as to why nobody owes anyone a job, as in nobody is entitled to a job? where or what is the god damn logic in that? the fact that we are not owed or entitled to anything pisses me off so much, it makes me feel like assaulting somebody out of anger and rage for being rejected
You are always posting about your angry and violent thoughts, especially here and on the Relationships board. I think you are a dangerous person and should not be exposed to the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 05:41 PM

21 posts, read 156,196 times
ok well i have to say i am surprised at all the responses i got. first off i would like say to say for the past 6 years. i have done the following. after high school yes i did not do anything. i am kind of ashamed to say but i was lazy. i went to do some extra credit coruses after about 6 months of doing nothing that took about almost a year. i then went to college for a year in half in a program i could not handle. then went to universty and yeah i lasted a year and then i spent the past year in half i think honestly trying to find a job.

i do live in a city where most people speak french and well i lived here my whole life and sadly my parents avoided speaking it whenver they could so i had no real way to practice it at home and when i was in the real world i avoided and school was pretty much willing to traslate for me.

anyways right now i did finally get a job at a tim hortons just this week but sadly i got fired after 3 days i was a bus boy my 3rd day on friday actaully that 3 days ago from when i posted this i was told i was too slow and this job was not for everyone. for the record i did my best. i was honestly not just sitting around. i was honestly trying my best to constantly do stuff and i really do not know how or why i was too slow.

so now i have even alot less confidence i had before. and not even sure how to froce myself to handle simple working jobs. i really do not know what to do right now

Old 12-24-2012, 06:40 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,755,952 times
I guess you have to live and learn. What did you friends do? That sucks about Tim Horton's. You should've asked what you could do better, but its too late now. I'd suggest going to a temp agency and look for a job through them. Also, look into speical programs that help with your grammar.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingedge04 View Post
I guess you have to live and learn. What did you friends do? That sucks about Tim Horton's. You should've asked what you could do better, but its too late now. I'd suggest going to a temp agency and look for a job through them. Also, look into speical programs that help with your grammar.
well i kind of know what i could have done better and that was move faster. my friends were always so many steps ahead of me in life and for whatever reason they would never be in the same postition as me. they had/have different values, opinions, wants goals in life then me. they are extremely different from me.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:39 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendhanbb View Post
well i kind of know what i could have done better and that was move faster. my friends were always so many steps ahead of me in life and for whatever reason they would never be in the same postition as me. they had/have different values, opinions, wants goals in life then me. they are extremely different from me.
Ok, so you fell down.

Get up and try again.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Ok, so you fell down.

Get up and try again.
yeah well its a mater of someone giving me a chance to try agian or let me try untill i get it right.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:02 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendhanbb View Post
yeah well its a mater of someone giving me a chance to try agian or let me try untill i get it right.
Maybe school and a regular job aren't for you. Did you ever think about becoming an entrepreneur?

Old 12-24-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Maybe school and a regular job aren't for you. Did you ever think about becoming an entrepreneur?
yeah kind off but like i have no idea how to get started.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:23 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,847,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Become an "entrepreneur" doing what? It isn't that simple. Most successful business owners have some kind of skill that they develop by working for someone else first.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:30 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,607,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You are always posting about your angry and violent thoughts, especially here and on the Relationships board. I think you are a dangerous person and should not be exposed to the public.
just hate how even dead-end jobs, entry-level, minimum-wage jobs require or expect you to have past work experience, qualifications, skills, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment