Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:42 PM

606 posts, read 1,611,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingenzyme View Post
I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. Didn't mean to get such a strong reaction.
That wasn't your fault, some people are just crazy. I found (Phoenix, Arizona) Pooper Scooper & Pet Waste Removal Service - AZ Dog Poop Clean-Up online. Or if by any chance you live in downtown Phoenix and are willing to pay an okay price, shoot me a message and I'll make my kids learn some responsibility and go clean it up for you

Old 12-28-2012, 10:52 PM

48 posts, read 87,253 times
I used to pick up dog poop myself back when I was working 9-5 job. Now that I own my own business, my schedule can be erratic at times. This is just lite research for the near future. After all, all the poop are still frozen outside since were in the winter months right now.

But when the temperature warms up... after 3-4 months with 4 dogs... use your imagination.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:35 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,260,098 times
Quote:
I used to pick up dog poop myself back when I was working 9-5 job. Now that I own my own business, my schedule can be erratic at times. This is just lite research for the near future. After all, all the poop are still frozen outside since were in the winter months right now.

But when the temperature warms up... after 3-4 months with 4 dogs... use your imagination.
I was on your side until now. You have months of dog poop just piling up and it is "ok" because it is cold out?

Old 12-29-2012, 06:53 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,570,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KABurke View Post
Very different. I've seen kids pushing a lawnmower down the street mowing lawns, I've seen carwashes at churches and the like and I've even seen pet bathing services on wheels, but I've NEVER seen or heard of anyone walking around carrying a pooper scooper soliciting their expert pick-up skills!
I am sure there are MANY things you haven't heard of.

Op, go online and look.
The people around here charge about 20 bucks a week.
I don't hire people to scoop my dog's poop, but for a measely 20 bucks, I can see why the thought would be attractive.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:46 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,430,594 times
Quote:

Don't think I want to

Maybe you can find some kids to pick up after your dogs.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:50 AM

48 posts, read 87,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I was on your side until now. You have months of dog poop just piling up and it is "ok" because it is cold out?
You want to wad through all the snow to find the dog poop? Come to my area right now. I'll pay you $1k to dig through all the snow in freezing temperature looking for dog poop.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:44 PM

524 posts, read 846,290 times
If the OP has the cash and wants to pay someone to scoop the poop I say she should hire w/out fear of predjuice

Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 PM

19,981 posts, read 30,367,631 times
Quote:
I'll bet your pedicurist feels the same way.

Good God, people.....stop being babies about it and TAKE CARE OF YOUR PETS YOURSELF!!!
I've never heard of a dog shhit service..... I thought at first this was a joke..

I feel guilty if i have to pay someone to change my oil... I usually do it myself,,,but to hire someone to pick up poop...that seems so odd to me..

although when i had to put my greyhound down, after 12 years, I would have paid someone to take her to the vet, that was the longest ride ever , she seem to know where we were going, and i was in no condition to be driving

Old 12-29-2012, 07:30 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,276,645 times
Quote:
No, we're homeowners. We do that ourselves.

No, my husband washes our vehicles at home.

No, we have 5 Yorkies, a Collie and a horse. We don't hire anyone else to take care of our animals. They're our responsibility, nobody else. That's what you sign on for when you own a pet. Everything -- the good and the bad.

Pathetic and pitiful.
As long as it is taken care of, it is none of your business how it is taken care of. You wash your own cars... I have to wonder if you change the oil, rotate the tires, and do ALL of the necessary maintenance your self, or if you take it to a mechanic. Gosh, think of all the services we wouldn't need, and all the people who would be out of work if we all did everything ourselves.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:41 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,599,153 times
Quote:
Looking to hire someone who will pick up dog poop in my yard. Got 4 dogs. How do I find one in my area?
I think it's a good idea not to give strangers an excuse to come to your house, if it's not necessary - and this certainly isn't.
If you start feeding your dogs good food that they actually digest, the poop isn't even an issue. I've been cooking for my dogs, adding that as a supplement to their kibble - but now we are going towards more raw and dropping the kibble altogether. It's amazing how little they poop now, compared to the old days of just kibble. Nice solid little rounds, no smell, I have to go looking for them, if I want to pick them up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment