Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 06:20 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,024,941 times

Advertisements

Back to Wisconsin

I'd do SF again, but only if I was rich

I'm ok here in Boston though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 07:26 AM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times
I think I would like to try Oregon or Washington State.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:59 AM

122 posts, read 349,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Where would you go? And please... Be a little more creative than N. Dakota

I'm thinkin of buying a map. I'll put one hand over my eyes, and use the other to randomly place my finger on that map. If it lands on somewhere like Mississippi, I'll allow myself a do over... If it happens a second time, I'll take it as a sign from god and roll with it.

I'd like to try something new and exciting. It's a big country, and Americans receive puny vacations. I figure, if I want to see some new sites, this would be the way to do it
Dallas/Arlington

Well during football season since I am a Cowboys fan

Old 11-18-2013, 09:04 AM

190 posts, read 190,577 times
Quote:

I'm thinkin of buying a map. I'll put one hand over my eyes, and use the other to randomly place my finger on that map. If it lands on somewhere like Mississippi, I'll allow myself a do over... If it happens a second time, I'll take it as a sign from god and roll with it.

I'd like to try something new and exciting. It's a big country, and Americans receive puny vacations. I figure, if I want to see some new sites, this would be the way to do it
canada there is plenty of work up there

Old 11-18-2013, 11:13 AM

302 posts, read 369,187 times
Default Nice thread

If I could make lots of bread and be in an ideal climate I'd go with the U.S. Virgin islands for sure !!!!

Beautiful beaches , fishing , sun , food and NO SNOW

States like CA or FL may be nice but the crime , traffic , noise and nutty taxes / nuts are wayyy too many .

:
Quote:

Old 11-18-2013, 11:33 AM

764 posts, read 1,423,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Have you lived in Houston?

I lived in southwest Houston for a while. (A mile south of the 610 loop)

I could get to work 28 miles away (far east Houston) in less than 35 minutes unless there was an accident. It was about 5-10 minutes longer getting home.

Granted, I went in at 7 AM and got off at 5.

I found the NW part of Houston to be worse for traffic. Even on the weekends I typically found you could get anywhere around the 610 loop in around 45 minutes unless there was a huge event, construction, or an accident.

Just some observations from my experience there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Yes I've lived here for the last 16 or 17 years, mostly north of I-10 and west of I-45. I used to work at 59 and Fondren (27 miles one way) and it took me about 45 mins to 1 hour to get to work and 1 hr to 1-1/2 hours coming home. Crazy traffic. I believe the traffic coming my part of town (extreme NW side) is much worse now than when I had that commute - hours were 7am to 3:30pm. I've heard coming in from Sugar Land, Pearland, and Kingwood isn't bad but I've never done it.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:22 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,375,073 times
Hawaii is where i would go. If I was single with no kids I would be there.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:25 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,903,860 times
I already moved to WA from IN. The jobs are here, no doubt, but COL is high.

Given a second choice, MI. Beautiful beaches, forests, four seasons, less traffic, lower COL, decent number of mid career positions (much better than Indy, anyway), closer to family.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:02 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,693,696 times
i would move to nyc, i lived there a short while and its the only place i have ever fit in and it has mass transit that works efficiently, as someone who fears driving this was a miracle

Old 11-25-2013, 08:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,397 times
Colorado is beautiful but the jobs are low pay and the cost of living is HIGH...we are moving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment