Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 01:51 PM

184 posts, read 316,552 times

Advertisements

The minute someone takes a crap on the floor they will get rid of this idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 01:55 PM

6,481 posts, read 6,693,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
i don't understand how they expect people to be at work for 8 hours and not have to go to the bathroom at all.

if you drink water you will be in the bathroom 5 times a day. do they not want their employees to drink or eat anything all day, either?
They could do what Dr Yang did on Grey's Anatomy. She wore an adult diaper so that she could stay in the OR without needing a potty break.

Perhaps whoever instituted this policy owns stock in Depends???

Old 07-16-2014, 02:05 PM

103 posts, read 185,589 times
When I was in the 411 department for AT&T we had basically about 10 minutes a day that we could be off of the phone and we still met our adherence for the day. If a emergency situation came up then you'd have to let a manager know. That was hard to adjust to but I worked in a call center so my job is to be on the phone working.
I do agree that today employers are making things basically impossible for people. It's hard to find a good employer. I think now I have a great employer and I will make sure that i meet any standards so I don't have to go back to this whole job search stuff again.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:06 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,607,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
Actually, they limited bathroom time to an average of 66 minutes a day. They are guaranteed 60 minutes per day for breaks, which they can spend sitting on the crapper or checking Facebook or whatever.
Do they get to take their breaks whenever they want to? Because otherwise, the breaks aren't really solving the problem.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:25 PM

418 posts, read 560,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdemak View Post
Another reason why working for other people sucks you cant even use the bathroom these days.

Totally was my thought exactly!

Old 07-16-2014, 02:26 PM

179 posts, read 248,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops1981 View Post
The minute someone takes a crap on the floor they will get rid of this idea.
Someone could point out that a "good" way of adhering to the plicy is to not wash your hands...(well, they'd probably institute some handwashing policy then...)

Old 07-16-2014, 02:29 PM

179 posts, read 248,407 times
A related experience. The office I work in has timers on the lights. One day I walk into the mens room which automatically turned the lights back on, and almost immediately heard the tell-tale sounds of someone waking suddenly from slumber in the farthest stall down the row...disturbing and funny all at the same time.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:36 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,654,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Ugh. I'm actually surprised they can do that. What about the people with OAB or other health conditions?
They can't do that in our state. There have been court cases. You need to go; you get to go. There is also a rule that you get five minutes per hour time off if you work a certain number of hours. I don't remember what that is but I am sure the state labor board will be happy to inform them.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:41 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,774,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Do they get to take their breaks whenever they want to? Because otherwise, the breaks aren't really solving the problem.
I would assume, in a unionized manufacturing environment, that they get two 15 minute breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon, and a half hour for lunch. So there are three opportunities to use the facilities without tapping the 60 minute pool of other bathroom time. Those minutes can be saved for those occasions where nature calls urgently, which are hopefully few and far between.

If someone has a medical condition or disability where they need a reasonable accommodation that involves exceeding that time on a regular basis, they should make the employer aware of that. The article posted doesn't mention how the company would handle such a request, but one would hope they would at least comply with the ADA.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:48 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,741,790 times
Hey, the company is Water Saver. What do you expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment