Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 07:55 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,219,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Aren't you supposed to be super manly? All this blather about your feelings and pearl clutching is getting old. I get it, you need societal norms to not feely inferior. Next.

First, its PhD. Not all caps. Second, please don't use terms you don't understand, a person who is successful/well educated is not an example of either causality or correlation. It is an example of dichotomy and stupidity of trying to make generalities.

Ah the "soft" sciences. I like the physical sciences. Real men build things, discover things that matter about the universe, because of purpose and passion right? Many say psych is one of the feminine sciences. What does that societal norm say about you, beta male I guess huh?

But I am sure you have the passion, purpose and drive to call him a beta male to his face right?
What are really trying to accomplish here? We go back and fourth all day. Like I said I'm allowed to believe and judge people as I want. I am allowed to make generalities. I'm not reinventing the wheel here, people do it all the time unconsciously to save energy and time as they navigate our social jungle. You're allowed to think of me anyway you want, that's your right, so don't try to take away my right of wanting to think what I want.

What is your goal, how exactly are you trying to enlighten me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 08:08 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,472,640 times
Well I can certainly guess what JPrzbylski's colleagues would say if they were to contribute to this thread. Yikes.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Well I can certainly guess what JPrzbylski's colleagues would say if they were to contribute to this thread. Yikes.
What would you guess they would say? Enlighten me. I honestly love when people try to challenge my thinking! BTW, there is no right or wrong here because everyone is entitled to their opinions!

Old 12-21-2017, 08:21 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,472,640 times
You strike me as the type of person who won't entertain advice from anyone because you believe you are smarter than them.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
You strike me as the type of person who won't entertain advice from anyone because you believe you are smarter than them.
Lame.... I was expecting more from you there... I see the road you took. I thought you were going have something thought provoking to say....

Old 12-21-2017, 08:45 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,753,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
What are really trying to accomplish here? We go back and fourth all day. Like I said I'm allowed to believe and judge people as I want. I am allowed to make generalities. I'm not reinventing the wheel here, people do it all the time unconsciously to save energy and time as they navigate our social jungle. You're allowed to think of me anyway you want, that's your right, so don't try to take away my right of wanting to think what I want.

What is your goal, how exactly are you trying to enlighten me?
The end goal is for a supposed "manly man" who beats his chest while going on about passion and purpose and those lowly "beta" males, to realize his love of the soft sciences and "invisible energy" is at least as feminine as those he is so quick to label. You are not a manly man. You are just a person, who has some masculine qualities, and many not so masculine qualities, and maybe, just maybe you should stop labeling people because it makes you a hypocrite.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
What would you guess they would say? Enlighten me. I honestly love when people try to challenge my thinking! BTW, there is no right or wrong here because everyone is entitled to their opinions!
But let this woman educate you for a moment. Not all opinions are equally sound when it comes to logic, reason, or even ability to support. Your opinions on this thread are good examples of just that. So sure, everyone has an opinion. So what? Yours is not particularly well informed at all.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
The end goal is for a supposed "manly man" who beats his chest while going on about passion and purpose and those lowly "beta" males, to realize his love of the soft sciences and "invisible energy" is at least as feminine as those he is so quick to label. You are not a manly man. You are just a person, who has some masculine qualities, and many not so masculine qualities, and maybe, just maybe you should stop labeling people because it makes you a hypocrite.
Honestly that did nothing to enlighten me.. This all started because I said IDK, I'm a man so I don't gossip. It wasn't me trying to prove or build up my own masculinity, it was kind of a joke, kind of a truthful statement.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Honestly that did nothing to enlighten me.. This all started because I said IDK, I'm a man so I don't gossip. It wasn't me trying to prove or build up my own masculinity, it was kind of a joke, kind of a truthful statement.
That maybe why it started for you. But you do realize you are not the center of the universe right? It is not why I engaged with you at all. Sad that you don't understand that.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
That maybe why it started for you. But you do realize you are not the center of the universe right? It is not why I engaged with you at all. Sad that you don't understand that.
So are we done here... Time well spent for both of us right? Is their some formal conclusion we can come to a censuses on now?

I shouldn't say men don't gossip, we gossip all the time about the new co-workers booty or what we did with the bar chick we met for the first time the other night lol......

In all seriousness if there is something frustrating you that a colleagues does either speak up to them or shut up. It's not beta behavior to talk behind someone's back, it's very weak passive behavior that does nothing to solve the problem..

I'm sure most people on here aren't taking this forum that serious where they are venting any serious deep felt anger that they have been holding in until now because someone created a thread that gave them an outlet to vent, yet I still have to encourage people to be more proactive and speak up instead of "gossip" if they have a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment