Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What women wants: Take care of children or Work?
Take care of children 62 45.93%
Work/career 73 54.07%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 06:05 PM

801 posts, read 453,767 times

Advertisements

People should do what they want and everyone should mind their own business about it.
If a guy wants to stay home while his wife works and that's okay with THEM, then it should be okay with us.
If a woman prefers to be a stay at home housewife and/or mom, and her guy is fine with it, then that should be okay with us.
Gotta stop thinking in terms of what people "should or shouldn't do" ; as long as it doesn't hurt anyone it should be fine with everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 06:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
"Deep down?" Deep down would men rather stay home and take care of the kids and let women work?

Deep down, what women want is a choice.

Do you not remember The Stones song Mother's Little Helper? Try to guess what motivated it.

"...What a drag it is getting old
Kids are different today, I hear every mother say
Mother needs something today to calm her down
And though she's not really ill, there's a little yellow pill
She goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And it helps her on her way, gets her through her busy day..."

There have been numerous studies done over the years. The happiest people were single women and married men. The most unhappy--married women and single men.

No. Deep down, a lot of women do not want to raise kids rather than work.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:22 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,722,651 times
You need money to take care of children or else who's watching the kids while both parents are out working.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:51 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
I don't think there is a universal answer for either gender. We are talking about individuals not some statistic.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:25 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Deep inside, all women are different.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:25 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,655,360 times
Reading through the responses in this thread, it's a big reminder why the family unit has been breaking down for many years. There is so much confusion over what your roles are as spouses and parents and no wonder the younger generations have the problems they do.

Some of the so called men here must have very low T also. Does your wife hold your purse while out shopping?

Old 05-25-2018, 07:38 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,528,052 times
Would men rather be a scientist or a carpenter?

Old 05-25-2018, 07:39 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,960,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Reading through the responses in this thread, it's a big reminder why the family unit has been breaking down for many years. There is so much confusion over what your roles are as spouses and parents and no wonder the younger generations have the problems they do.

Some of the so called men here must have very low T also. Does your wife hold your purse while out shopping?
There is a real breakdown in the family unit, one that has the potential to apply to all aspects of the family. When both parents need to work to live a nicer lifestyle, rather than roughing for a few years while they get established, the children are side-lined to someone else's care. The message is that money is more important than time with family. That is a very strong message that leaves teenagers without strong social bonds to their parents, and may even leave children feeling that money is more important than sibling relationships.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:42 PM

33 posts, read 20,450 times
Difficult question to answer.
With the way society has changed and is continually trending, it takes two incomes to live a comfortable life in this country . God forbid the sole breadwinner loses his or her job , where does that leave the family’s finances?
If roles seem confused, mixed, etc, it’s because society does not fit the traditional ideals of the 60s anymore, and the family unit has had to adapt for better or for worse.
Personally, I’m a fan of financial security, and was raised to “always have my own”, so I never seriously entertained the idea of staying home. How do SAHP’s contribute towards their retirement? Hopefully their spouses contribute even more to a 401k to take care of that aspect. Honestly, with my career path, it’s not even an option. I’m not resentful of that because while I love children, I still think it’s very possible to live a fulfilling life without them.
I get much satisfaction from my work, and I’m grateful that I had the opportunity to truly live my dream. Even if I married a wealthy man, I would still practice my profession, at least part time.
It’s simply different for every woman .

Old 05-25-2018, 07:51 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post

You think insulting people makes your archaic nonsense sound more plausible?

I suggest two books for you:
A history book (so you can learn what "the good old days" were really like)
A manners book
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment