Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 09:33 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
In all European dominated societies black people face similar problems.

So French society and American society isn't that different.
Show me some proof of that. At the very least explain how they're not that different as I explained how I thought they were. Everyone is just making statements without backing them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
That's because London is close to Europe and closer to Africa than up north. Its also the first place they reach when they come to UK - I mean this is common sense if you look in America all the Irish/English live in the NE. Also I am sure they prefer to live near warmer climates.
I hate warm climates.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWine View Post
Biracial people on average could not pass for white, they can only pass as black Americans and that's a FACT.

It is not hypocrisy, I view everyone with any measurable amount of black blood as black. Simple. If you're 40% on up, I view you as black. LOL
This is also what I said earlier. In the USA, a biracial person is NEVER considered white...EVER! Now if someone is mixed with Asian or Mexican, sometimes their mixed heritage is acknowledged hence the terms "Blasian" and "Blaxican".

Old 10-29-2014, 01:35 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Show me some proof of that. At the very least explain how they're not that different as I explained how I thought they were. Everyone is just making statements without backing them up.
Africans in Paris tend to live in the poorest areas same with the UK.

I'm not saying its exactly the same situation but its similar.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Africans in Paris tend to live in the poorest areas same with the UK.

I'm not saying its exactly the same situation but its similar.
Today yes, the way blacks live in all western countries is very similar. Maybe that's what was meant. I am talking about the deeper psychological effect each society has had on it's black population and at that level, each society will be unique.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:46 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Today yes, the way blacks live in all western countries is very similar. Maybe that's what was meant. I am talking about the deeper psychological effect each society has had on it's black population and at that level, each society will be unique.
The residential segregation of the black population is much higher in the US. Part of it is from a higher black population, but there are some American metros with the same black % as London. You don't get majority black neighborhoods in London or Paris. Not all majority US black neighborhoods are poor, the residential pattern is there even after controlling for income.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:28 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,905,546 times
Quote:
In all European dominated societies black people face similar problems.

So French society and American society isn't that different.
This is an issue that all peoples face. And blacks are or have been oppressed in ALL nations around the globe.

Saudi Arabia still bans blacks from holding government positions

Old 10-29-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWine View Post
Biracial people on average could not pass for white, they can only pass as black Americans and that's a FACT.

It is not hypocrisy, I view everyone with any measurable amount of black blood as black. Simple. If you're 40% on up, I view you as black. LOL
Well then following your views or logic, please make sure that you accept George Zimmerman, Jennifer Lopez, Rosie Perez, Rosa Clemente, and Daddy Yankee as fellow BLACK people then, since they too also meet the qualifications of what you use to arbitrarily perceive and categorize peoples as black and into blackness.

And who in the heck said biracial people can pass for white?? There are many biracial people that can pass for white actually though now that you mention it, but no one here ever stated it/that.

Also the point is that mixed race = mixed race. Mixed race is mixed race period. If mixed race people identifying as white is "passing", than mixed race people identifying as black is also passing.

I don't know why people continue to foolishly support the racist one drop rule and play identity police. Smh

Old 10-29-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:

Old 10-29-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
This is also what I said earlier. In the USA, a biracial person is NEVER considered white...EVER! Now if someone is mixed with Asian or Mexican, sometimes their mixed heritage is acknowledged hence the terms "Blasian" and "Blaxican".
There are many biracial people that are accepted as white nominally and officially. It usually depends on looks and perception.

Channing Tatum, Wentworth Miller, Vin Diesel, George Zimmerman, and Mariah Carey are some great examples of people that are of mixed race ancestry and yet simultaneously also considered as and accepted as and embraced as well as perceived as WHITE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World