Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2012, 02:05 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
Google Maps

NYC is very clean and beautiful too!
Dont forget about Chicago
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Chica...12,94.77,,0,-3

Old 06-18-2012, 02:10 PM

370 posts, read 654,679 times
There is no such thing as clean city, every city is dirty and that is a fact. Millions of people go through a city each day, with their dirty shoes, food everywhere, people walking their dogs. I grew up in a seven bedroom house, my mother had to clean everyday because it was hard to maintain it clean and we were only five people! Can't maintain a city clean no matter how many maintenance people are cleaning it!
I love NYC but its filthy.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimage View Post
There is no such thing as clean city, every city is dirty and that is a fact. Millions of people go through a city each day, with their dirty shoes, food everywhere, people walking their dogs. I grew up in a seven bedroom house, my mother had to clean everyday because it was hard to maintain it clean and we were only five people! Can't maintain a city clean no matter how many maintenance people are cleaning it!
I love NYC but its filthy.
True, all cities are dirty. but some cities are better than cleaning up there mess than others
I guess we could call Chicago a "Not as dirty city" instead as a "Clean city" ?

Old 06-18-2012, 06:29 PM

311 posts, read 605,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
True, all cities are dirty. but some cities are better than cleaning up there mess than others
I guess we could call Chicago a "Not as dirty city" instead as a "Clean city" ?
No city is virtually 100% clean

Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 PM

459 posts, read 724,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Poppycock. People in the likes of the Netherlands are very family orientated.

They have more freedom, which is a good thing, I mean, if you stifle your child all its life, it will not have the experience it needs to prosper as an adult..
And drinking wine at 6.. lol.. maybe at 15, but not 6.
I will admit that my previous statement that ALL Euro-types are not family-oriented is a broad stroke. There are countries that are better with it than others, like Spain, Italy and, like you said, the Netherlands.
Freedom is a good thing (you're preaching to the choir), but too MUCH at a young age could be just as bad as too little. In general, American are more careful with their children and much more protective.

I used six because it was demonstrative of my point. I don't imagine six exactly...or 15. I think kids start getting wine around holidays or some dinners/events at a much earlier age than they should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
That is a load of *******s. You think that because we give our kids a bit more freedom that we dont love them as much as Americans? Thats is bull. Listen to yourself. Maybe we feel its a bit safer over here then in the US.
I didn't say you loved them any less. If it sounded so, reconsider what I meant: Americans, regardless of the actual safety of the area where they live, are generally MUCH more protective of their youth and are careful to make sure that they are never unaccounted for. It has been that way for me and my community and many others. Maybe you do feel safer. Maybe ignorance is bliss. As if you have no problems in Europe...

Quote:
You might not of invented fat but you sure dont help the way you supersize everything and have eveything huge over there.
We do not super-size anything that is mandatory. Big houses? Afford it, why not? We've got the land and space for it, right? Big portions? Get a salad or appetizer. No need for the large fries. Big people? Mostly, they don't like it any better than you do.

Quote:
Eh wrong. Kids dont drink wine over here when they are six. Dont talk to us about what our kids do when its American kids who are eating themselves to death. What kids get fed in American schools is sick and the parents allow it.
I will talk to you about what happens with kids here or there if I want to. Kids do experience alcohol on average much sooner there. Is it alright? I don't know. Do I think it's a good idea? No, no.

American kids eating themselves to death? Sounds like we better review.

A) McDonalds and friends never said they here healthy food or that you had to eat it.
B) There are such establishments far and wide, Europe included, and the population seems fine with it. After all, you also have NO obligation to patronize them.

Fed in American schools? A little frozen food and pizza is easier than real food. Cheaper, as well. Healthy options are available and regularly eaten. If parents say nothing, maybe it's because they pack lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Don't know much about Europe, European families and customs do you?

It is not a social norm for 6 year olds to be drinking. They may have they tasted sans-alcohol, perhaps kinderwein, which is simply grape juice.
I don't know anyone where I work who has fed their 6-year olds alcohol.
You do know that US moms gave kids paragoric to sleep; some get their kids drunk and stoned? Hmmmm?
Want to see some US child abuse statistics? Great family values here:

Children

15% of sexual assault and rape victims are under age 12.3

29% are age 12-17.
44% are under age 18.3
80% are under age 30.3
12-34 are the highest risk years.
Girls ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault.
7% of girls in grades 5-8 and 12% of girls in grades 9-12 said they had been sexually abused.4

3% of boys grades 5-8 and 5% of boys in grades 9-12 said they had been sexually abused.
In 1995, local child protection service agencies identified 126,000 children who were victims of either substantiated or indicated sexual abuse.5

Of these, 75% were girls.
Nearly 30% of child victims were between the age of 4 and 7.
93% of juvenile sexual assault victims know their attacker.6

34.2% of attackers were family members.
58.7% were acquaintances.
Only 7% of the perpetrators were strangers to the victim.
It's nice that you're concerned. Don't worry I've been to Europe twice and have family there.
So you have your nice statistics, no source and no sense: consider that family values and family-orientation are two different things.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalifornianWriter View Post
I will admit that my previous statement that ALL Euro-types are not family-oriented is a broad stroke. There are countries that are better with it than others, like Spain, Italy and, like you said, the Netherlands.
Freedom is a good thing (you're preaching to the choir), but too MUCH at a young age could be just as bad as too little. In general, American are more careful with their children and much more protective.

I used six because it was demonstrative of my point. I don't imagine six exactly...or 15. I think kids start getting wine around holidays or some dinners/events at a much earlier age than they should.

I didn't say you loved them any less. If it sounded so, reconsider what I meant: Americans, regardless of the actual safety of the area where they live, are generally MUCH more protective of their youth and are careful to make sure that they are never unaccounted for. It has been that way for me and my community and many others. Maybe you do feel safer. Maybe ignorance is bliss. As if you have no problems in Europe...

We do not super-size anything that is mandatory. Big houses? Afford it, why not? We've got the land and space for it, right? Big portions? Get a salad or appetizer. No need for the large fries. Big people? Mostly, they don't like it any better than you do.

I will talk to you about what happens with kids here or there if I want to. Kids do experience alcohol on average much sooner there. Is it alright? I don't know. Do I think it's a good idea? No, no.

American kids eating themselves to death? Sounds like we better review.

A) McDonalds and friends never said they here healthy food or that you had to eat it.
B) There are such establishments far and wide, Europe included, and the population seems fine with it. After all, you also have NO obligation to patronize them.

Fed in American schools? A little frozen food and pizza is easier than real food. Cheaper, as well. Healthy options are available and regularly eaten. If parents say nothing, maybe it's because they pack lunch.

It's nice that you're concerned. Don't worry I've been to Europe twice and have family there.
So you have your nice statistics, no source and no sense: consider that family values and family-orientation are two different things.
No source, sorry, I provided the link; rainn provides the sources.
And you know nothing of Europe, oooh, you visited there.
Hence, you can fabricate anything you like.
Apparently, they love their kids so much in the US that they sexually abuse them at a high rate.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Apparently, they love their kids so much in the US that they sexually abuse them at a high rate.
Your anti-usa behavior is really annoying and childish, this thread was going down a good road when i actually saw a European poster say positive things about the USA. than here comes the debbie downers obsessed with seeking out the negative.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:45 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Your anti-usa behavior is really annoying and childish, this thread was going down a good road when i actually saw a European poster say positive things about the USA. than here comes the debbie downers obsessed with seeking out the negative.
Agreed.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:18 AM

218 posts, read 506,850 times
Chicago has a higher homicide rate than Kabul:

Chicago Homicide Rate Worse Than Kabul, Up To 200 Police Assigned To High-Profile Wedding (VIDEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalifornianWriter View Post
In general, American are more careful with their children and much more protective.
Americans, regardless of the actual safety of the area where they live, are generally MUCH more protective of their youth and are careful to make sure that they are never unaccounted for. It has been that way for me and my community and many others.
Make that paranoid, America is dominated by fear, which is NOT a good thing.

Quote:
Big houses? Afford it, why not? We've got the land and space for it, right?
Do you ever think about the environmental consequences of your actions? Why not built some trees and wind farms and solar panels instead of houses, as if there weren't enough urban sprawl already.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:46 AM

Another one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imokay View Post

Make that paranoid, America is dominated by fear, which is NOT a good thing.
Lol, what? No...... There is more to America than the South side of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by imokay View Post
Do you ever think about the environmental consequences of your actions? Why not built some trees and wind farms and solar panels instead of houses, as if there weren't enough urban sprawl already.
Even more laughter,

Wind turbines, solar tower, wind power project and a solar power project
Cape Wind :: America's First Offshore Wind Farm on Nantucket Sound
Think Big! Arizona Solar Tower 2X Taller Than the Empire State Building Will Produce 200 Megawatts : TreeHugger
World’s Largest Wind Power Project Moving Forward - CleanTechnica
(Solar Millennium) Blythe Solar Power Project

Green roofs
http://www.greenroofs.com/projects/t...et_center1.gif
http://www.weedmanusa.com/FranchiseM...oof%20post.jpg

We build houses because people like to move here...

--------------------------------

Now if you dislike my country that's perfectly fine, because i could care less of what you think of the USA but please don't be so ignorant about it, even though it is funny reading the ridiculous things you people come up with but its making you look pretty really childish.

Last edited by iNviNciBL3; 06-19-2012 at 01:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World