Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2013, 12:15 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times

Advertisements

Sorry to say this to you owen but your the most anti American, anti Europe and biased person on CD.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:25 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Sometime i get creeped out by how into detail people get about American Tourist, socks, shoes, hats.... Google "American Tourist" and the amount of information is scary.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:47 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel10 View Post
Haircuts are a giveaway, that and walking around as if they were in a zoo.
What? I agree that we, Americans, are probably stockier of build due to all the cheesy puffs, etc. we eat, that our haircuts and clothing are different - even slobbish, and yes our mannerisms and walk are likely unique but come on, Americans walk as if they are from a zoo?

Do our knuckles drag the ground like gorillas? Do we walk around with our heads held high and eat leaves from high branches like a giraffe? Do we pace in front of storefronts growling at the customers as if we were tigers? I would have preferred you said we had an uncouth walk or a dorky walk - which I am sure I personally have - but from a zoo?

Would you care to elaborate on this some?

Old 03-07-2013, 01:18 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I agree, there is something about Americans that truly tells you they are not from Europe; even their body types and complexions, Americans are often more stocky than Europeans, Europeans on the other hand are more slender and taller with longer extremities. I think Americans are more mixed races and that shows in their body features. In small towns and rural settings they do look more that their ancestors ( Germans, Scandinavians, Italians etc. ), they probably marry their own. In cities, there are more mixed marriages, so their kids have mixed features.
Sounds like you are passively suggesting that the mixing of nationalities produces lesser beings. Some kind of mongrel race?

Old 03-07-2013, 02:52 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel10 View Post
Is it different in the US?
White people in Mexican soap operas are Mexican, most are from Asturian stock, some slightly mixed.
What's wrong with selecting beautiful females?
"Indigenas" are short and squat with flat faces and the ideal of beauty comes from Hollywood.
Maybe Americans should pick actors that reflect better the American population, I'm thinking of blimpos, behemoths, WT, nerds, etc.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What does it say about the other 90% of Mexico that isn't "white". I just think it strange that Mexican TV is so blatantly racist as to show almost exclusively white actors only. Like the US in 1955.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Funnily enough when you talk with central americans they all consider themselves white no matter if they look like reggaeton artists .

And you keep mentioning you are white? who cares about it? Well you are from puerto rico, I may understand why you really care about it. Besiders Many argentineans, Uruguayans, Some brazilians and cubans, there are practically not real white (I dont really believe in the concept white anyways) "latin" americans, and Puerto rico is no exception, If 10% of puerto rico self identifies as white doesnt mean they are really white, they are probably just lighter skined but still mixed race, anyways I dont care. And white doesnt equal european anyways.

WHy would a mixed latino care about the British people (unless you are some argentinean with issues because of falkland war) If Im not wrong all that latin americans who are obsessed about race all they do is try to distance themselves from natives and make themselves closer to spaniards. All your theories fail.

If I want to mess with white european people I go back to europe instead of keep discussing with some mixed latin american with some delusional idea of himself.
I don't care if you believe me or not, you can think whatever you want. I don't have an inferiority complex, unlike you it seems (white people who negatively obsess about having a non-white ancestor 4 generations ago seem insecure to me, but not for me. I embrace it.). But, I can see where you're coming from. You seem to believe in the "one drop rule". Did you forget your white hood and sheet at the last "costume party" you went to?

You really have no idea at all. Oh well, you just keep on believing all latinos are mixed, just like you think all Swedes are blond LOL! Like I said in my previous post, you don't sound at all like someone who's been to different countries. You sound like someone who has an idealized view of certain countries and peoples because you've never been there or have only been to the capital cities. Here's a tip, actually GO to the places you love to talk about so much. I've actually been to England, and most of the people I've seen look nothing like what you describe.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:06 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Besiders Many argentineans, Uruguayans, Some brazilians and cubans, there are practically not real white (I dont really believe in the concept white anyways) "latin" americans, and Puerto rico is no exception, If 10% of puerto rico self identifies as white doesnt mean they are really white, they are probably just lighter skined but still mixed race, anyways I dont care. And white doesnt equal european anyways.
At least in my experience, there are plenty of Puerto Ricans that look white. I'm guessing they might have some non-European anscentry mixed in but they don't look mestizo or obviously part-black.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:09 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
At least in my experience, there are plenty of Puerto Ricans that look white. I'm guessing they might have some non-European anscentry mixed in but they don't look mestizo or obviously part-black.
He seems to imply that it's a "problem" or undesirable trait to have one or two ancestors that were non-white. I'm not the one that has a problem with it, and never have. I consider myself a proud Puerto Rican and American, not a proud Spaniard or German. I may be these things genetically, but I'm not them, culturally or legally. Oh well, at one point, we were all African anyway, so what's the point of it all?

Old 03-07-2013, 06:23 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
When my mom did a study abroad in Germany (mid 70s), the locals thought she was Dutch as she had an accent but not an obviously strong American one. And I guess didn't look that foreign to them.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:11 PM

599 posts, read 2,593,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I don't care if you believe me or not, you can think whatever you want. I don't have an inferiority complex, unlike you it seems (white people who negatively obsess about having a non-white ancestor 4 generations ago seem insecure to me, but not for me. I embrace it.). But, I can see where you're coming from. You seem to believe in the "one drop rule". Did you forget your white hood and sheet at the last "costume party" you went to?

You really have no idea at all. Oh well, you just keep on believing all latinos are mixed, just like you think all Swedes are blond LOL! Like I said in my previous post, you don't sound at all like someone who's been to different countries. You sound like someone who has an idealized view of certain countries and peoples because you've never been there or have only been to the capital cities. Here's a tip, actually GO to the places you love to talk about so much. I've actually been to England, and most of the people I've seen look nothing like what you describe.

Have I ever described the average Britishmen as being Magrheb looking dudes like someone earlied suggested I did? NO. I just said the British are more mixed european than they really would think (past with a predominantly brythonic/celtic ancestry then arrival or romans, anglo-saxons, vikings, normans) not a plain straight up anglo-saxon descended country, similar to france, mix of different european ethnicities/tribes that in Its result creates a western european looks (Not too extremely northern european neither southern european) . I have told many times that despite what dna plots show The brits clustering close to they tend to look more similar to northern frenchmen and wallonians rather than like dutch, germans or scandinavian people, thats regarding architecture, peoples character, outlook, etc. Of course the Brits are still much closer to the Irish folk than anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World