Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:32 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
Infowars doesn't have an anti-American slant, it has a very pro-American slant and appeals mostly to right wing populist white people that often have a racist slant to themselves last I checked.
Infowars are a bunch of conspiracy theorist nuts

Old 04-15-2014, 12:42 AM

733 posts, read 940,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Infowars are a bunch of conspiracy theorist nuts
generally white american right wing conspiracy theorist nuts, different breed than those who may overly criticize American media on virtue of being American.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brannen View Post
I'm not going to argue over a couple percentage points...Brazil is what 47, 48% White? That's close enough to being majority. I did not use the wrong word in regards to my original question. As I've already re-stated for those who like to play semantics, I don't wish to live in a White plurality or White majority country, get it now? Also too, since we're correcting people, when writing about an ethnic group you want to make sure you capitalize the initial letter ie, "White" and "Black".
Well the thing with Brazil is that the mixed race ethnic group, Pardos are about 5% behind the White population which is about 48%, so it's almost 50/50 over there. Well, it does go over 100% in official estimates, probably from people choosing to identify with more than one.

And if you weren't looking for White plurality countries then you should've explicitly stated in the OP and title non-White plurality countries for Blacks to live, be more clear about what you want, you may have stated it further on in the thread but not everybody reads through all of that, and would've been better to state that initially to prevent any confusion and wasted suggestions.

*shrugs* Hardly hinders comprehension but whatever.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:19 AM

70 posts, read 163,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
Well the thing with Brazil is that the mixed race ethnic group, Pardos are about 5% behind the White population which is about 48%, so it's almost 50/50 over there. Well, it does go over 100% in official estimates, probably from people choosing to identify with more than one.

And if you weren't looking for White plurality countries then you should've explicitly stated in the OP and title non-White plurality countries for Blacks to live, be more clear about what you want, you may have stated it further on in the thread but not everybody reads through all of that, and would've been better to state that initially to prevent any confusion and wasted suggestions.

*shrugs* Hardly hinders comprehension but whatever.
No, I shouldn't have stated non-White plurality, I stated what I meant. I would think most of the adults on this thread would have enough reading comprehension skills to surmise and understand what I wrote. But as I've already simplified my question for people like you there's no need in furthering arguing the point. I'm not going to play semantics and argue over a few percentage points. There's only been a couple people who've had trouble understanding my question.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:15 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
No, I shouldn't have stated non-White plurality, I stated what I meant. I would think most of the adults on this thread would have enough reading comprehension skills to surmise and understand what I wrote. But as I've already simplified my question for people like you there's no need in furthering arguing the point. I'm not going to play semantics and argue over a few percentage points. There's only been a couple people who've had trouble understanding my question.
I agree with you as fas as not understanding those who must constantly plit hairs over every single word you post. It's one reason I've been a spectator on this topic. Nothing's more frustrating than that.

As far as the topic at hand; perhaps I missed it but what sort of things are you looking for in a non white majority country? Do you care if it's a developed country? I ask because it looks like you are trying to get away from racism. But as some have pointed out, ironically, it's the white majority countries that are the least racist save Eastern Europe. Most of the world still has a sort of racial caste system, even if it's not official and darker skinned people almost always make up the very bottom level.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:17 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Brazil, like the rest of Latin America, discriminates against blacks on a degree exceeding the US.
More like dark mix vs light mix no matter the amount of African.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:21 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,079,621 times
Quote:
I'm not going to argue over a couple percentage points...Brazil is what 47, 48% White? That's close enough to being majority. I did not use the wrong word in regards to my original question. As I've already re-stated for those who like to play semantics, I don't wish to live in a White plurality or White majority country, get it now? Also too, since we're correcting people, when writing about an ethnic group you want to make sure you capitalize the initial letter ie, "White" and "Black".

All American countries are "white" notwithstanding the race, even Haiti is white.
I don't thing there's any country, even in Africa, whose mainstream culture is African.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:35 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
All American countries are "white" notwithstanding the race, even Haiti is white.
I don't thing there's any country, even in Africa, whose mainstream culture is African.
At first I agreed with this comment but then I thought "no" many Latin American countries (infact all) are a hybrid of European or "white", Amerindian, African and Asian. The same with Haiti its a Creole culture a blend of European (French) and West-central African.

As for African countries its more of a blend, many people only speak European languages as a second language. African languages are spoken on a daily basis.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:39 AM

70 posts, read 163,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
Ok. And you're basing this off of what experience or research?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
If you have a problem with Brazil for being white plurality instead of white majority than what you mean is more accurately non-white plurality countries, so it wasn't stating what you meant very well.

And what do you mean simplifying the question? Isn't just saying white majority and having that cover anything with too many white people for your tastes over-simplified as it is, taking the simple approach instead of clarifying what you wanted in the OP and only clarifying when pressed while getting all defensive and rude about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World