Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 10:35 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,398,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Look how many people are suckered in by a rumor that the OP is a Russian troll, and uncritically believe that.
"Russian Troll" is becoming the new knee-jerk catchphrase whenever someone says something unpopular online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 02:52 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,213,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
"Russian Troll" is becoming the new knee-jerk catchphrase whenever someone says something unpopular online.

Didn't know that. I'm so May 2019.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:52 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
It is a real concern however, It was a bit suspicious at first. New member, multiple posts on the same agenda...
I've seen them here before, usually they have a canned posting method, cut-and-paste from a script. They don't respond, and when they return they create a new thread with a similar cut-and-paste script. Now with his follow-ups he doesn't fit the profile, although he clearly has an agenda and "troll" is a subjective label that we aren't supposed to use. I'm told that this forum has certain filters and controls, probably IP blocks, to keep the worst offenders from posting.

I know him, no "Russian Troll" - he used to post in the asian forum where he was also on a similar one note agenda until people got all pissed and the threads were locked. He's OK but one does wish he would move onto different topics. He really should post more there and become a useful member of the community, lots of questions about Philipines he can help with.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:55 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times
So many accurate posts, well done.

In short Americans don't care.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:43 PM

44 posts, read 46,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Reese View Post

people are homeless and starving and the government doesn't care,
Yes I agree on that. For example, the City of Sarasota, Florida USA fines homeless people $450 US dollars PER INCIDENT when they are caught sleeping on the street.

I spoke with a homeless man here in Sarasota who told me about this; that he has been fined several times for sleeping on the street; that he cannot afford to pay the fines and now has a police record because of it.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...-for-homeless/
Sarasota Florida is known as the meanest city in the US for homeless and there are many other articles on this if you google it.

Last edited by smith33; 07-01-2019 at 03:05 PM..

Old 07-01-2019, 09:10 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,941 times
If the US is a terrible country, why don't Americans dismantle it?

1) The US is not a terrible country.
2) Why should it be dismantled? This sounds more like something you would like to see.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:46 PM

Here is the real answer to the title question. They don't dismantle it because the have a lot of money, which they value over liberty, security, health, education, infrastructure, everything. As long as the money hydrants are spouting wealth, all is tolerable.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:06 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Here is the real answer to the title question. They don't dismantle it because the have a lot of money, which they value over liberty, security, health, education, infrastructure, everything. As long as the money hydrants are spouting wealth, all is tolerable.

I'm not one of those who thinks the US is above all or the greatest thing since sliced breed.
For all its faults however, it still is a first world country and I don't think it is too outrages to say among the better ones to live on this planet at that.
Especially considering "liberty, security, health, education, infrastructure, everything".
Not sure how dismantling it would improve things. At best certain parts/remnants of what was the US would perhaps improve, others would likely get worse.

Perhaps the "real" answer is, that many people these days dislike the US so much, they really want to see it fail.....

Old 07-01-2019, 11:20 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,959,037 times
Dismantle it, is somewhat odd terminology to use. Surely? Perhaps a better term to use would be to change the rules so an ever greater number of people can share in the benefits of living in the richest nation on earth?

Old 07-02-2019, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post

Perhaps the "real" answer is, that many people these days dislike the US so much, they really want to see it fail.....

Nobody wants to see it fail. People want a wake-up call, before that happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World