Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 09:00 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,441,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I feel that I have traveled enough and done enough research about various countries to have a valid opinion about overall life there and how it compares to the United States.

It is a tall order to say that you must live and work in multiple countries to know about them. Not many people are inclined to do that, except for some expats I guess. I picked the United States and ran with it.
At the very least I'd say it makes your opinions perhaps less valid in some ways, but that's my opinion based on what I've read of your opinions! Besides, your reading and interpretation of things I've also found really questionable at times and contrary to data when applicable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 09:07 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,025,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
Not so much in Europe and Asia, where if your not local, your treated differently, esp if your black or dark skinned.

Yeah...the police won't kill you.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post

Jealousy maybe? East Europe women are another level of beauty + intelligence.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:17 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,967,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The only thing I hate about America is whining leftist morons who have ignorantly convinced themselves that things are so much better in Europe.
Truth. It's those same leftists that are ignorant of just how diverse and complex America is compares to some supposedly perfect, homogeneous Nordic country.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Truth. It's those same leftists that are ignorant of just how diverse and complex America is compares to some supposedly perfect, homogeneous Nordic country.

As of 2020 Scandinavia isn't homogeneous at all, here's a video proof, just have patience and watch some 5-6 minutes from this boring walk and you'd notice tens of non-whites...yes far from Paris or London but it's not the 80s "nazi ideal" people claim it to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yisA679UFGE

Old 05-30-2020, 10:37 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,904,108 times
When Trump was elected that solidified my decision to return to my country of birth I'm tired of the divisiveness and to be honest I tolerate the Trump supporters I have some in my family but I dislike them. Too much divisiveness and hatred and it's gotten worse over the last three years. I really don't understand the loyalty of Trump supporter the man isn't worth two ****s. I still have a few years to go(5) after I move I will visit twice a year but I'm ready to move on I don't value most of the things that a lot of Americans find important it's time to move on. The lifestyle in general is designed to keep people broke and addicted to buying crap and placing people with possessions and titles on pedestals. I don't care about that crap. It's a trade off though there are problems everywhere you go

Old 05-30-2020, 10:38 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,967,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
As of 2020 Scandinavia isn't homogeneous at all, here's a video proof, just have patience and watch some 5-6 minutes from this boring walk and you'd notice tens of non-whites...yes far from Paris or London but it's not the 80s "nazi ideal" people claim it to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yisA679UFGE
Compared to the US, it is very homogeneous.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:04 AM

5 posts, read 3,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Guns, people being racists, police brutality, little compassion for others, crumbling infrastructure, too many ghettos, terrible transit, haves have everything have nots have nothing, everybody is a political extremist, millions actually voted for Trump and still support him today, no national health care, arrogance, mass shootings, people are totally ignorant of anything outside of America (Americans barely know American history or geography let along world).

I don't hate America, I love it, But something is wrong. When I travel to other countries, there is something about them that we just don't have here. I'm starting to feel like America is a big fake country. Too many people here are just not what I want to be a part of anymore.

Are all countries like this when you actually live there?

Frustrated with my country right now.
I have found it's generally the same thing all over the world, but it is better televised in the US.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:27 AM

6,563 posts, read 12,061,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Jealousy maybe? East Europe women are another level of beauty + intelligence.
That's probably why the immigration office denied my wife's green card renewal, under their perception that our marriage is fraudulent. They probably think my wife is too beautiful for me and that's why it looks suspicious, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
When Trump was elected that solidified my decision to return to my country of birth I'm tired of the divisiveness and to be honest I tolerate the Trump supporters I have some in my family but I dislike them. Too much divisiveness and hatred and it's gotten worse over the last three years. I really don't understand the loyalty of Trump supporter the man isn't worth two ****s. I still have a few years to go(5) after I move I will visit twice a year but I'm ready to move on I don't value most of the things that a lot of Americans find important it's time to move on. The lifestyle in general is designed to keep people broke and addicted to buying crap and placing people with possessions and titles on pedestals. I don't care about that crap. It's a trade off though there are problems everywhere you go
What I don't get is people who think Trump is a good moral Christian, and even act like he is the savior of America. If you don't support Trump, you are against Jesus and not saved and will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. All because he is against abortion, but will turn a blind eye to other things he is doing that is damaging to the country and living Americans.

I'm not a fan of the whole American way of life and the cult of personality. It seems like everywhere looks the same and everyone has the same mindset, and you're not allowed to have an opinion about anything that doesn't conform to their beliefs.

Old 05-30-2020, 11:57 AM

179 posts, read 185,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
the immigration office denied my wife's green card renewal
They did that? Shame on them!

America's immigration system is ****ed up and it's only getting worse with the republicans. Even worse if they get re elected.

How is she managing to live without her green card renewal?

I hope they don't delay her citizenship
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World