Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 08:25 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
You're a good fit in Colorado. You'd be a pariah in Wyoming.
Quote:
I do. Being a conservative Republican, supporting President Trump, always carrying a gun or two, hating Biden and his kind, and never stop talking about it.
Quote:
I moved from Colorado to Wyoming twenty years ago. I felt welcome from the first day. I always talk politics. Moving to Wyoming was coming home.
You've hit the nail on the head why I didn't fit in. That's pretty ridiculous if that's what it really takes to fit in. You shouldn't have to prove yourself that way. Whatever happened to live and let live and minding your own business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Ok, but what if a person likes ranching and rodeo, but doesn't do ranching, but has done rodeo? I mean, our (wife and I) would have a common interest with many in Wyoming, extremely unlike where we live now.

I wouldn't necessarily see transplants wearing Wrangler jeans, Ariat or Justin boots or a Resistol hat or even a regular baseball cap.

If a person looks like those that live in Wyoming, I would think there wouldn't be a problem. I would think they would fit it pretty well. We have never done ranching, but we know a whole lot about it.
Not as many people dress the way you mention as you might think. Many people dress in pretty standard clothes you'll see in other states. In fact, JC Penny started in Wyoming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 08:31 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,595,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
You've hit the nail on the head why I didn't fit in. That's pretty ridiculous if that's what it really takes to fit in. You shouldn't have to prove yourself that way. Whatever happened to live and let live and minding your own business?
What you describe has never existed. I found true happiness in Wyoming.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:41 AM

8,938 posts, read 20,362,856 times
Quote:
You're a good fit in Colorado. You'd be a pariah in Wyoming.
Believe me, The Front Range of Colorado, doesn't want any old/senior folks. We have found that out. If all of the old/seniors moved out of The Front Range, they young people would be very, very happy. For one thing, they could drive as fast as they wanted to and not have to honk at, or swerve around, a senior going the speed limit.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpliving View Post
Two ladies are 76 and 80, law enforcement 50s-75, the family man late 60s and wife also. It sounds like you’d do best in a city environment … Cheyenne or possibly somewhere near where you live now IMHO. Good luck to you wherever you end up.
Well, not all seniors are like who you stated above. There are plenty of seniors, like ourselves, that would rather stay at the Hilton than sleep in a tent. And, there are those that can't afford a nice motorhome. As far as hiking goes, not all old/older people (aka seniors) can do that. Physical problems can exist.

As far as living in a city environment, we have to live in an apartment and they are only found inside a city. Be that city big or small.

We plainly don't want to continue living in Colorado/The Front Range. The area simply isn't the way it was when we left in 2007. For one thing, it has become extremely crowded here and most of the crowd are young enough to be our grandkids.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:12 AM

Not as many people dress the way you mention as you might think. Many people dress in pretty standard clothes you'll see in other states. In fact, JC Penny started in Wyoming.[/quote]

Well, NDak15, that's what we pretty much dress in during summer months..........standard clothes. Shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes and baseball cap. During winter months, Wrangler jeans and long-sleeve shirt and hiking shoes. Depending on where we are going, any of those months, we could be wearing a cowboy hat, but most definitely not on a daily basis, or with shorts in the summer.

Actually, I've already stated about what we wear before. We don't understand where any in this forum got the idea we are wearing western attire all of the time. Most definitely not!

Old 06-29-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
What you describe has never existed. I found true happiness in Wyoming.
And, perhaps if we move to somewhere in Wyoming, we will find the same. Then again, perhaps not and have to move again. Just never know.

Old 07-01-2022, 05:48 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,595,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
And, perhaps if we move to somewhere in Wyoming, we will find the same. Then again, perhaps not and have to move again. Just never know.
You've already attacked our laws and customs. What's next?

Old 07-01-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Haven't attacked a thing. Must just be your imagination. LOL

Why? Because we won't carry a gun and look like Wyatt Earp? Just not us, and it definitely shouldn't be a requirement in Wyoming to do so.

Customs? Just what customs in Wyoming do you have that we've attacked? Absolutely nothing!

Old 07-01-2022, 09:34 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times
Quote:
Paranoid much? You're really doing a good job proving my points by the way.

Old 07-01-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Paranoid much? You're really doing a good job proving my points by the way.
Ok, how would you feel if someone said that to you? Would you react the same way, or simply say "I just consider the source saying it."?

Saying an OP is doing something that the OP themselves take offensively, isn't the way a forum thread should be repied to. Or, maybe today it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming