We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||36.2 years|
|Alabama median age:||38.3 years|
Zip codes: 35956.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $17,204 (it was $15,664 in 2000)
Boaz city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $105,698 (it was $71,900 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $510.
Races in Boaz, AL (2013)
- 7,62378.4%White alone
- 2202.3%Two or more races
- 1731.8%Black alone
- 1581.6%Asian alone
- 390.4%American Indian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- More borrowers make early loan repayments in spring Feb 12
- How Does the Presence of a Major Employer Affect Crime Rates? Feb 10
- Prosper default rate decreased in 2014 Feb 8
- How important is peer-to-peer loan diversification? Feb 6
- Where Do the Young and Old People Live, and How Has That Changed Over the Years? Feb 4
|Article on Madison Square Mall (102 replies)|
|Momma Goldberg's Whitesburg closed (21 replies)|
|Transplant in the Huntsville Area (20 replies)|
|Serching for a Biker friendly bar (12 replies)|
|Moving to Gadsden, AL. Need your advice and help! (17 replies)|
|Fort Payne Alabama (10 replies)|
Latest news from Boaz, AL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (18.8%), Irish (12.9%), English (11.5%), German (11.4%), Scotch-Irish (2.6%), Dutch (2.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1086 feet
Land area: 12.2 square miles.
Population density: 795 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Boaz:
- High school or higher: 79.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.3%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 16.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Boaz city:
- Never married: 26.8%
- Now married: 45.2%
- Separated: 2.8%
- Widowed: 10.3%
- Divorced: 14.9%
296 residents are foreign born (3.4% Latin America, 0.4% Asia).
According to our research of Alabama and other state lists there were 6 registered sex offenders living in Boaz, Alabama as of February 13, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Boaz to the number of sex offenders is 1,609 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $573 (0.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $373 (0.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Huntsville, AL (43.1 miles , pop. 158,216).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Birmingham, AL (60.0 miles , pop. 242,820).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (534.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Sardis City, AL (1.7 miles ), Mountainboro, AL (2.0 miles ), Albertville, AL (2.3 miles ), Whitesboro, AL (2.4 miles ), New Union, AL (2.5 miles ), Carlisle-Rockledge, AL (2.5 miles ), Bristow Cove, AL (2.8 miles ), Egypt, AL (3.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 14 buildings, average cost: $87,700
- 1998: 18 buildings, average cost: $68,100
- 1999: 16 buildings, average cost: $74,700
- 2000: 24 buildings, average cost: $101,900
- 2001: 26 buildings, average cost: $79,200
- 2002: 20 buildings, average cost: $95,400
- 2003: 29 buildings, average cost: $114,100
- 2004: 31 buildings, average cost: $109,200
- 2005: 46 buildings, average cost: $116,600
- 2006: 43 buildings, average cost: $107,700
- 2007: 33 buildings, average cost: $121,300
- 2008: 28 buildings, average cost: $106,300
- 2009: 16 buildings, average cost: $129,100
- 2010: 14 buildings, average cost: $129,100
- 2011: 14 buildings, average cost: $129,100
- 2012: 14 buildings, average cost: $129,100
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 34.20 N, Longitude: 86.16 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +3,783 (+38.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,776 (50.7%)
Area code: 256
|Crime rates in Boaz by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 302.7)||427.2||373.3||477.5||512.7||390.8||396.8||383.7||393.4||456.2||294.6||255.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Boaz detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.06|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +483 (+7.0%).
- Manufacturing (29%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Construction (7%)
- Wholesale trade (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (23%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Manufacturing (11%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Production occupations (20%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (12%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Sales and related occupations (15%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (9%)
- Personal care and service occupations (7%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (6%)
Average climate in Boaz, Alabama
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Boaz-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Alabama state average. It is 158% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/18/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 5.8 miles away from the Boaz city center killed 3 people and injured 12 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 11/24/2001, a category F4 tornado 14.4 miles away from the city center injured 22 people and caused $1 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Boaz-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Alabama state average. It is 79% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 36.4 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 83.7 miles away from Boaz center
On 6/24/1975 at 11:11:36, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 102.0 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 166.4 miles away from the city center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 211.7 miles away from Boaz center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 309.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Marshall County (22) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 17
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 16, Floods: 14, Tornadoes: 11, Winds: 5, Hurricanes: 3, Winter Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Freeze: 1, Snowfall: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Tim Hodge - Animator, John Q. Roberts - Navy Navy Cross recipient, Justin Jonus - College basketball player (Alabama Crimson Tide), Eddie Priest - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Boaz:
Heliports located in Boaz:
College/University in Boaz:
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Boaz:
- Gadsden State Community College (about 18 miles; Gadsden, AL; Full-time enrollment: 4,650)
- Northeast Alabama Community College (about 28 miles; Rainsville, AL; FT enrollment: 2,409)
- Jacksonville State University (about 35 miles; Jacksonville, AL; FT enrollment: 7,566)
- George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville (about 37 miles; Hanceville, AL; FT enrollment: 4,486)
- University of Alabama in Huntsville (about 46 miles; Huntsville, AL; FT enrollment: 6,006)
- Alabama A & M University (about 47 miles; Normal, AL; FT enrollment: 4,524)
- Jefferson State Community College (about 50 miles; Birmingham, AL; FT enrollment: 6,041)
Public high school in Boaz:
- Boaz High School (Students: 594; Location: 907 BROWN ST; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Boaz:
- Boaz Middle School (Students: 526; Location: 140 NEWT PARKER DR; Grades: 6-8)
- Carlisle Elementary School (Students: 458; Location: 8025 US HIGHWAY 431; Grades: OK-6)
- Corley Elementary School (Students: 377; Location: 505 MOUNT VERNON RD; Grades: 2-3)
- Whitesboro Elementary School (Students: 332; Location: 5080 LEETH GAP RD; Grades: OK-6)
- Boaz Intermediate School (Students: 325; Location: 11 NEWT PARKER DRIVE; Grades: 4-5)
- Boaz Elementary School (Students: 322; Location: 362 COLLIER ST; Grades: PK-1)
Notable locations in Boaz: Boaz Golf and Country Club (A), Boaz City Hall (B), Boaz Fire and Rescue (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Boaz include: Saint Paul Methodist Church (A), Julia Street Methodist Church (B), Boaz Second Baptist Church (C), Boaz First Baptist Church (D), Boaz Church of God (E), Bel Air Baptist Church (F), Bethsaida Baptist Church (G), Crestview Church of Christ (H), West Side Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Old Cemetery (1), Bethsaida Cemetery (2), Hillcrest Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Sardis City Of (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 1310 Church Street).
Hotels: Boaz-Days Inn (12960 Us Highway 431), Econo Lodge Boaz (Next To 751 US Highway 431 South), Boaz Inn (2656 USHighway 431), Econo Lodge (773 USHighway 431), Subway (751 Us Highway 431), Key West Inn Boaz- AL (10535 Alabama Highway 168).
Court: Boaz City - Court (101 Line Avenue).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 48.6. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 23.7. This is about average. Closest monitor was 14.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 9.58. This is about average. Closest monitor was 12.5 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Boaz and their reported violations in the past:SARDIS CITY WATER BOARD (Address: 860 CHURCH ST. , Population served: 4,761, Purch surface water):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Average - Between OCT-2008 and DEC-2008, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Site Visit (enforcement) (JAN-14-2009), St Public Notif requested (JAN-21-2009), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JAN-21-2009), St Public Notif received (FEB-12-2009), St AO (w/o penalty) issued (FEB-27-2009), St Compliance achieved (JAN-14-2010)
- MCL, Average - Between JUL-2008 and SEP-2008, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (OCT-15-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (OCT-15-2008), St Public Notif received (NOV-14-2008), St Site Visit (enforcement) (JAN-14-2009), St AO (w/o penalty) issued (FEB-27-2009), St Compliance achieved (JAN-14-2010)
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2008 and JUN-2008, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-04-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-04-2008), St Public Notif received (SEP-09-2008), St Site Visit (enforcement) (JAN-14-2009), St AO (w/o penalty) issued (FEB-27-2009), St Compliance achieved (JAN-14-2010)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Boaz that have no violations reported:
- BOAZ WATER & SEWER BOARD (Population served: 29,196, Primary Water Source Type: Purch surface water)
(13.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 40.7% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 62.2% for other race residents, 29.3% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
People in group quarters in Boaz in 2010:
- 102 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 78 people in college/university student housing
- 13 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
People in group quarters in Boaz in 2000:
- 85 people in nursing homes
- 30 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 19 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 10 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 4 people in other group homes
Boaz compared to Alabama state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
Banks with branches in Boaz (2011 data):
- Peoples Bank of Alabama: Boaz Branch at 200 Billy D. Dyar Boulevard, branch established on 1998/07/21. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $511.3 mil, Deposits: $426.1 mil, headquarters in Cullman, AL, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 29 total offices, Holding Company: Altrust Financial Services, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Downtown Boaz Branch at 201 Billy Dyar Boulevard, branch established on 1934/03/26. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- Peoples Independent Bank: at 121 Billy B. Dyar Boulevard, branch established on 1988/05/02. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $171.4 mil, Deposits: $154.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Peoples Independent Bancshares, Inc.
- BancorpSouth Bank: Boaz Branch at 2333 U.S. Highway 431 S., branch established on 1995/01/09. Info updated 2007/07/18: Bank assets: $12,990.3 mil, Deposits: $10,863.8 mil, headquarters in Tupelo, MS, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 271 total offices, Holding Company: Bancorpsouth, Inc.
- First Bank of Boaz: First Bank Of Boaz at 124 South Main Street, branch established on 1906/01/01. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $182.6 mil, Deposits: $129.8 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 1 total offices, Holding Company: First Boaz Bancorporation
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Boaz, Alabama:
- Key West Inn, 410 E ML Ave, Boaz, AL 35957 , Phone: (256) 593-0800
- Days Inn-boaz, 12960 Hwy 431 S, Boaz, AL 35957 , Phone: (Inv) lid Input
- Boaz Inn, 2656 US Hwy 431, Boaz, AL 35957 , Phone: (256) 593-2874
- Key West Inn, 10535 Al Hwy 168, Boaz, AL 35957 , Phone: (256) 593-0800, Fax: (256) 593-9100
- Econo Lodge, 773 Us Hwy 431 S, Boaz, AL 35957 , Phone: (256) 593-8410, Fax: (256) 593-8411
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (62%)
- Utility gas (36%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Boaz city (based on Marshall County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Marshall County:||1.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Marshall County:||0.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||0.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|Marshall County:||7.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||6||$6,906|
|Judicial and Legal||2||$6,695||$40,170||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||26||$115,611||$53,359||0||$0|
|Police - Other||9||$28,110||$37,480||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||26||$48,156||$22,226||2||$3,248|
|Solid Waste Management||26||$64,231||$29,645||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||7||$15,380||$26,366||6||$4,564|
|Totals for Government||164||$537,742||$39,347||20||$20,964|
Boaz government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Gas Utilities: $2,474,000 ($255.18)
Police Protection: $1,323,000 ($136.46)
Regular Highways: $1,134,000 ($116.97)
Central Staff Services: $908,000 ($93.66)
Solid Waste Management: $750,000 ($77.36)
Fire Protection: $704,000 ($72.61)
Parks & Recreation: $492,000 ($50.75)
Financial Administration: $291,000 ($30.02)
Libraries: $145,000 ($14.96)
General - Other: $115,000 ($11.86)
Health Services - Other: $115,000 ($11.86)
Judicial and Legal Services: $99,000 ($10.21)
- Gas Utilities - Interest on Debt: $169,000 ($17.43)
- Other Capital Outlay - Central Staff: $270,000 ($27.85)
Gas Utilities: $141,000 ($14.54)
Police Protection: $26,000 ($2.68)
Parks & Recreation: $17,000 ($1.75)
Fire Protection: $11,000 ($1.13)
Regular Highways: $8,000 ($0.83)
Financial Administration: $1,000 ($0.10)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $3,431,000 ($353.89)
Boaz government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $285,000 ($29.40)
Parks & Recreation: $35,000 ($3.61)
All Other: $15,000 ($1.55)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $262,000 ($27.02)
All Other: $11,000 ($1.13)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $405,000 ($41.77)
Interest Earnings: $96,000 ($9.90)
Property Sale Other: $21,000 ($2.17)
Rents: $8,000 ($0.83)
- Revenue - Gas Utilities: $3,502,000 ($361.22)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $13,000 ($1.34)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $3,507,000 ($361.73)
NEC: $649,000 ($66.94)
Property: $222,000 ($22.90)
Motor Fuels Sales: $95,000 ($9.80)
Tobacco Sales: $33,000 ($3.40)
Motor Vehicle License: $30,000 ($3.09)
Alcoholic Beverage Sales: $10,000 ($1.03)
Boaz government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Gas Utilities: $3,010,000 ($310.47)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Gas Utilities: $2,870,000 ($296.03)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Gas Utilities: $140,000 ($14.44)
Boaz government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $3,206,000 ($330.69)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $0 ($0.00)
5.77% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($30,598 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Etowah County, AL||0.74% ($24,098 average AGI)|
|from DeKalb County, AL||0.70% ($24,626)|
|from Madison County, AL||0.65% ($42,379)|
5.51% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,664 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Boaz:
- WBSA (1300 AM; 1 kW; BOAZ, AL; Owner: WATKINS BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAVU (630 AM; 1 kW; ALBERTVILLE, AL; Owner: SAND MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING SERVICE, INC.)
- WNSI (810 AM; 50 kW; JACKSONVILLE, AL; Owner: UNITED BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WAAX (570 AM; 5 kW; GADSDEN, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDJC (850 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WGAD (1350 AM; 5 kW; GADSDEN, AL; Owner: DEKALB COUNTY COMMUNITY RADIO, INC.)
- WJBY (930 AM; 5 kW; RAINBOW CITY, AL; Owner: GADSDEN BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLOR (1550 AM; 50 kW; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: BCA RADIO, LLC)
- WWAM (820 AM; daytime; 50 kW; JASPER, TN; Owner: SHELTON BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WKNG (1060 AM; daytime; 50 kW; TALLAPOOSA, GA; Owner: WKNG, INC.)
- WAPI (1070 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WFLI (1070 AM; 50 kW; LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, TN; Owner: WFLI, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Boaz:
- WQSB (105.1 FM; ALBERTVILLE, AL; Owner: SAND MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING SERVICE, INC.)
- WRHY (105.9 FM; CENTRE, AL; Owner: WILLIAMS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTWX-FM (95.9 FM; GUNTERSVILLE, AL; Owner: GUNTERSVILLE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WSGN (91.5 FM; GADSDEN, AL; Owner: GADSDEN STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- WTBB (89.9 FM; GADSDEN, AL; Owner: TRINITY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY)
- WKXX (102.9 FM; ATTALLA, AL; Owner: BROADCAST MEDIA LLC)
- WAFN-FM (92.7 FM; ARAB, AL; Owner: FUN MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- WYDE-FM (101.1 FM; CULLMAN, AL; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WRSA-FM (96.9 FM; DECATUR, AL; Owner: NCA, INC.)
- WJIA (88.5 FM; GUNTERSVILLE, AL; Owner: LAKE CITY EDUCATIONAL B/CASTING INC.)
- WTBJ (91.3 FM; OXFORD, AL; Owner: TRINITY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY)
- WRAX (107.7 FM; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WAHR (99.1 FM; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: BCA RADIO, LLC)
- WGMZ (93.1 FM; GLENCOE, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W289AC (105.7 FM; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: WILLIAM PAXTON ROGERS)
- WLJS-FM (91.9 FM; JACKSONVILLE, AL; Owner: BD. OF TRUSTEES/JACKSONVILLE STATE UNIVERSITY)
- W298AF (107.5 FM; HADEN, AL; Owner: HADEN RADIO COMPANY)
- WXQW (94.1 FM; MERIDIANVILLE, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W293AH (106.5 FM; NORMAL, AL; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WKEA-FM (98.3 FM; SCOTTSBORO, AL; Owner: KEA RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Boaz:
- WPXH (Channel 44; GADSDEN, AL; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WZDX (Channel 54; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: HUNTSVILLE TELEVISION ACQUISITION CORP.)
- W64BJ (Channel 64; SCOTTSBORO, AL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WTJP (Channel 60; GADSDEN, AL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WAAY-TV (Channel 31; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: PIEDMONT TELEVISION OF HUNTSVILLE LICENSE LLC)
- WHNT-TV (Channel 19; HUNTSVILLE, AL; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- W15AP (Channel 15; GADSDEN, AL; Owner: WBRC LICENSE, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 10m33ftTotal length
- $6,351,000Total costs
- 22,648Total average daily traffic
- 596Total average daily truck traffic
- 33,838Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:41 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Boaz)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:16 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Boaz, AL)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- Boaz, Lat: 34.205694 Lon: -86.168000, Call Sign: WQAE842, Licensee ID: L00514503
Assigned Frequencies: 956.268 MHz
Grant Date: 05/18/2004, Expiration Date: 05/18/2014, Certifier: Steve Clemons
Registrant: Boaz Water & Sewer Board
- AURORA, Aurora Road (Lat: 34.146667 Lon: -86.183611), Type: Tower, Structure height: 96 m, Overall height: 98.1 m, Call Sign: WQKT740
Assigned Frequencies: 6825.00 MHz
Grant Date: 09/10/2009, Expiration Date: 09/10/2019, Certifier: Craig Clark
Registrant: Radyn, Inc, Bethesda, MD 20827, Phone: (301) 493-5171, Fax: (301) 576-4553, Email:
- AURORA, Aurora Road (Lat: 34.146667 Lon: -86.183611), Type: Tower, Structure height: 96 m, Overall height: 98.1 m, Call Sign: WQNG930
Assigned Frequencies: 6256.54 MHz
Grant Date: 02/03/2011, Expiration Date: 02/03/2021, Certifier: Bill Brodeur
Registrant: Etowah County Communications District E-911, Gadsden, AL 35902-8209, Phone: (256) 543-7911, Fax: (256) 543-2847, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:82 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Boaz)
FAA Registered Aircraft:12 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Boaz)
|Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Aggregated Statistics For Year 2003|
(Based on 1 partial tract)
|APPLICATIONS APPROVED, NOT ACCEPTED||0||$0|
|FILES CLOSED FOR INCOMPLETENESS||0||$0|
Detailed HMDA statistics for the following Tracts: 0110.00
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 39
- Good Intent Call: 5
Incident types - Boaz
|Most common first names in Boaz, AL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Boaz, AL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Boaz, AL|
|Ace Hardware||1||Little Caesars Pizza||1|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||McDonald's||1|
|Domino's Pizza||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|H&R Block||1||Waffle House||1|
Boaz on our top lists:
- #7 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Social scientists and related workers (population 5,000+)"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Book stores and news dealers (population 5,000+)"
- #27 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Architecture and engineering occupations: (population 5,000+)"
- #33 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Motor vehicle, parts and supplies merchant wholesalers (population 5,000+)"
- #41 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Food (population 5,000+)"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Wood products (population 5,000+)"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of thefts in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #40 (35956) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of United States or American first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest increase in the number of births per 1000 residents 1990-1999 to 2000-2003 (pop 50,000+)"
- #61 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Bush (Republican) in the 2004 Presidential Election, pop. 50,000+"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
Total of 11 patent applications in 2008-2016.