|Median resident age:||35.8 years|
|Arkansas median age:||37.8 years|
Zip codes: 72521.
Cave City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $71,463 (it was $46,100 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $603.
- White alone - 1,811 (95.1%)
- Hispanic - 48 (2.5%)
- Two or more races - 28 (1.5%)
- American Indian alone - 9 (0.5%)
- Black alone - 6 (0.3%)
- Asian alone - 2 (0.1%)
|Anybody know Cave City? (37 replies)|
|Pictures of Arkansas (447 replies)|
|Evening Shade, arkansas (8 replies)|
|Cave City (0 replies)|
|Were should I live??? Arkansas- HELP!!! (46 replies)|
|Ash Flat?? (7 replies)|
Latest news from Cave City, AR collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (20.1%), Irish (16.4%), United States (14.7%), English (10.8%), Scottish (3.5%), Dutch (3.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 676 feet
Land area: 2.59 square miles.
Population density: 729 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Cave City:
- High school or higher: 80.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.2%
- Unemployed: 6.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Cave City city:
- Never married: 17.5%
- Now married: 55.8%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 9.8%
- Divorced: 14.9%
4 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Arkansas and other state lists there were 6 registered sex offenders living in Cave City, Arkansas as of May 04, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Cave City to the number of sex offenders is 315 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $405 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $343 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Jonesboro, AR (48.7 miles , pop. 55,515).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Memphis, TN (105.9 miles , pop. 650,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (369.7 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Sidney, AR (2.7 miles ), Evening Shade, AR (3.1 miles ), Mount Pleasant, AR (3.5 miles ), Moorefield, AR (3.5 miles) , Batesville, AR (3.6 miles ), Cushman, AR (3.6 miles ), Strawberry, AR (3.6 miles ), Sulphur Rock, AR (3.7 miles ).
Latitude: 35.95 N, Longitude: 91.55 W
Area code: 870
|Crime rates in Cave City by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 277.6)||179.7||115.4||195.3||86.2||105.3||138.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Cave City detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.56|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (40%)
- Construction (26%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (7%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Retail trade (6%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (3%)
- Health care and social assistance (27%)
- Retail trade (21%)
- Manufacturing (13%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (3%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (3%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (15%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (11%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (9%)
- Cashiers (8%)
- Child care workers (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (4%)
- Health technologists and technicians (4%)
- Waiters and waitresses (4%)
Average climate in Cave City, Arkansas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Cave City-area historical tornado activity is near Arkansas state average. It is 124% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/24/1982, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 16.5 miles away from the Cave City city center injured 11 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/14/1996, a category F4 tornado 19.8 miles away from the city center killed 7 people and injured 35 people and caused $3 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Cave City-area historical earthquake activity is near Arkansas state average. It is 73% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 72.0 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 105.4 miles away from Cave City center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 62.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 65.3 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 140.2 miles away from Cave City center
On 4/27/1989 at 16:47:49, a magnitude 4.7 (4.6 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.3 LG) earthquake occurred 99.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Sharp County (15) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 7, Tornadoes: 4, Winter Storms: 3, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Cave City:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Cave City:
- BATESVILLE HEALTHCARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; BATESVILLE, AR)
- WOOD-LAWN, INC. (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; BATESVILLE, AR)
- APPROVE HOME MEDICAL SERVICES (Home Health Center, about 14 miles away; BATESVILLE, AR)
- CARING HANDS HOSPICE (Hospital, about 14 miles away; BATESVILLE, AR)
- PROGRESSIVE HOME CARE, AN AMEDISYS COMPANY (Home Health Center, about 14 miles away; BATESVILLE, AR)
- WHITE RIVER MEDICAL CENTER Acute Care Hospitals (about 14 miles away; BATESVILLE, AR)
- WHITE RIVER MEDICAL CENTER RECUPERATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; BATESVILLE, AR)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Cave City:
- Arkansas State University-Main Campus (about 50 miles; Jonesboro, AR; Full-time enrollment: 12,323)
- Harding University (about 50 miles; Searcy, AR; FT enrollment: 5,360)
- Arkansas State University-Beebe (about 64 miles; Beebe, AR; FT enrollment: 3,387)
- University of Central Arkansas (about 79 miles; Conway, AR; FT enrollment: 9,972)
- Three Rivers Community College (about 85 miles; Poplar Bluff, MO; FT enrollment: 3,360)
- Pulaski Technical College (about 92 miles; North Little Rock, AR; FT enrollment: 8,396)
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock (about 96 miles; Little Rock, AR; FT enrollment: 9,227)
Public high school in Cave City:
Public elementary/middle schools in Cave City:
Notable locations in Cave City: Cave City Volunteer Fire Station (A), Cave City Police Department (B), Spring River Paramedic Ambulance Service (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Cave City Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Drinking water stations with addresses in Cave City and their reported violations in the past:GRANGE-CALAMINE WATER ASSOC (Population served: 2,381, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:GRANGE-CALAMINE WATER ASSOC (Population served: 2,381, Groundwater):
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- One minor monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- One minor monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Cave City that have no violations reported:
- CAVE CITY WATERWORKS (Population served: 2,664, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- CAVE CITY WATERWORKS (Population served: 2,664, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(31.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 29.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 17.4% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
74 people in nursing homes in 2000
Cave City compared to Arkansas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Cave City (2011 data):
- The Citizens Bank: Cave City Branch at 201 South Main Street, branch established on 1997/07/29. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $538.2 mil, Deposits: $435.6 mil, headquarters in Batesville, AR, positive income, 10 total offices, Holding Company: Citizens Bancshares Of Batesville, Inc.
- Bank of Cave City: Bank Of Cave City at 133 S Main Street, branch established on 1906/07/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $93.8 mil, Deposits: $75.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Sharp Bancshares, Inc.
- First Community Bank: Cave City Branch at 102 South Main Street, branch established on 2004/07/14. Info updated 2010/04/01: Bank assets: $738.3 mil, Deposits: $597.9 mil, headquarters in Batesville, AR, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 15 total offices, Holding Company: First Community Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (50%)
- Utility gas (38%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (11%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Cave City city (based on Sharp County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 64.70%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||American Baptist Association||Churches of Christ||United Methodist Church||Catholic Church|
|Name||Assemblies of God||Baptist Missionary Association of America||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Lutheran Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Sharp County:||2.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arkansas:||2.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Sharp County:||4.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||13.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$4,648||$27,888||1||$1,177|
|Police Protection - Officers||3||$6,672||$26,688||5||$1,247|
|Streets and Highways||1||$2,157||$25,884||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||1||$2,772||$33,264||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||1||$979|
|Totals for Government||10||$23,687||$28,424||8||$3,780|
8.43% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($27,230 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Independence County, AR||1.50% ($23,671 average AGI)|
|from Izard County, AR||0.53% ($27,966)|
|from Craighead County, AR||0.51% ($21,500)|
7.87% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($22,965 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Cave City:
- KGHT (880 AM; 50 kW; SHERIDAN, AR; Owner: METROPOLITAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- WDIA (1070 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KAAY (1090 AM; 50 kW; LITTLE ROCK, AR; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGSF (1030 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KAAB (1130 AM; 1 kW; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: W R D ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- KBTA (1340 AM; 1 kW; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: WRD ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- WMQM (1600 AM; 50 kW; LAKELAND, TN; Owner: WMQM, INC.)
- KMTL (760 AM; daytime; 10 kW; SHERWOOD, AR; Owner: GEORGE V. DOMERESE)
- KOTC (830 AM; daytime; 10 kW; KENNETT, MO; Owner: EAGLE BLUFF ENTERPRISES)
- KWCK (1300 AM; daytime; 5 kW; SEARCY, AR; Owner: CALDWELL BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WJCE (680 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: ENTERCOM MEMPHIS LICENSE, LLC)
- KCGS (960 AM; 5 kW; MARSHALL, AR; Owner: SOUTHLAND BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Strongest FM radio stations in Cave City:
- KZIG (89.9 FM; CAVE CITY, AR; Owner: CAVE CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS)
- KZLE (93.1 FM; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: WRD ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- KBTA-FM (99.5 FM; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: W R D ENTERTAINMENT, INC.)
- KWOZ (103.3 FM; MOUNTAIN VIEW, AR; Owner: MOUNTAIN VIEW BROADCASTING CORP)
- KLLN (90.9 FM; NEWARK, AR; Owner: NEWARK PUBLIC SCHOOLS)
- KABK-FM (97.7 FM; AUGUSTA, AR; Owner: FAMILY WORSHIP CENTER CHURCH, INC.)
- KOMT (107.5 FM; MOUNTAIN HOME, AR; Owner: MAC PARTNERS)
- KBMJ (89.5 FM; HEBER SPRINGS, AR; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KOKR (96.7 FM; NEWPORT, AR; Owner: NEWPORT BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- K234AC (94.7 FM; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: LITTLE ROCK SCHOOL DIST., UNV OF ARK)
TV broadcast stations around Cave City:
- K22ES (Channel 22; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K35EA (Channel 35; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K57IP (Channel 57; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K67GR (Channel 67; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K20EX (Channel 20; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K40DS (Channel 40; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K53FM (Channel 53; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K57FV (Channel 57; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K59FB (Channel 59; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K61FP (Channel 61; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- K69GT (Channel 69; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KAIT (Channel 8; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- KEMV (Channel 6; MOUNTAIN VIEW, AR; Owner: ARKANSAS EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION COMMISSION)
- K12MY (Channel 12; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: ARKANSAS 49, INC.)
Cave City fatal accident list:
May 27, 1983 10:05 PM, Center, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
Sep 6, 1981 02:30 AM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 34
- Hazardous Condition: 2
- Good Intent Call: 5
Incident types - Cave City
|Most common first names in Cave City, AR among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Cave City, AR among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in Cave City, AR
- SONIC Drive-In: 1
- Subway: 1
Cave City on our top lists:
- #96 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Recyclable material merchant wholesalers"