|Median resident age:||37.4 years|
|Georgia median age:||33.4 years|
Zip code: 31071
Finleyson CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $85,677 (it was $82,700 in 2000)
- White alone - 865 (69.1%)
- Black alone - 356 (28.4%)
- Hispanic - 22 (1.8%)
- Two or more races - 8 (0.6%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.08%)
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 250 feet
Land area: 98.6 square miles.
Population density: 13 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Finleyson:
- High school or higher: 80.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.6%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Finleyson CCD:
- Never married: 25.5%
- Now married: 55.0%
- Separated: 2.6%
- Widowed: 13.1%
- Divorced: 6.4%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Finleyson CCD:||0.6% ($536)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Macon, GA (46.5 miles , pop. 97,255).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (121.6 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (707.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Pineview, GA (2.1 miles ), Hawkinsville, GA (2.8 miles ), Hartford, GA (2.8 miles ), Unadilla, GA (3.9 miles ), Pinehurst, GA (3.9 miles ), Rochelle, GA (4.0 miles ), Seville, GA (4.0 miles ), Pitts, GA (4.0 miles ).
Latitude: 32.18 N, Longitude: 83.50 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 229
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (16%)
- Public administration (13%)
- Food (6%)
- Construction (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Health care (4%)
- Finance and insurance (3%)
- Educational services (22%)
- Public administration (17%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (11%)
- Personal and laundry services (10%)
- Health care (8%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Pharmacies and drug stores (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (11%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (8%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (8%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (10%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (9%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (8%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (6%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (5%)
Average climate in Finleyson, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Finleyson-area historical tornado activity is near Georgia state average. It is 32% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/30/1953, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 30.0 miles away from the Finleyson place center killed 18 people and injured 300 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 4/15/1999, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 13.7 miles away from the place center injured 28 people and caused $10 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Finleyson-area historical earthquake activity is near Georgia state average. It is 85% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 131.1 miles away from the city center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 202.3 miles away from Finleyson center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 233.9 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 201.7 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 234.5 miles away from Finleyson center
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 451.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Pulaski County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Tornadoes: 4, Storms: 3, Tropical Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Finleyson:
- Central Georgia Technical College (about 28 miles; Warner Robins, GA; Full-time enrollment: 6,829)
- Fort Valley State University (about 35 miles; Fort Valley, GA; FT enrollment: 3,200)
- Georgia Southwestern State University (about 44 miles; Americus, GA; FT enrollment: 2,689)
- Middle Georgia State College (about 47 miles; Macon, GA; FT enrollment: 7,091)
- Mercer University (about 47 miles; Macon, GA; FT enrollment: 6,297)
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (about 49 miles; Tifton, GA; FT enrollment: 2,564)
- Albany State University (about 57 miles; Albany, GA; FT enrollment: 3,662)
Notable location: Pulaski High (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Finleyson include: Belleview Church (A), Lenwood Church (B), Mount Air Church (C), Mount Pleasant Church (D), New Hope Church (E), Richland Church (F), Saint Pauls Church (G), Sandridge Church (H), Cooks Chapel (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Bluff Creek Cemetery (1), Friendship Cemetery (2), Slade Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Treisch Lake (A), Fountain Millpond (B), Dawson Lake (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Wolf Creek (A), Tenmile Creek (B), Standley Creek (C), South Prong Creek (D), Reedy Creek (E), Double Branch Creek (F), Cedar Creek (G), Bluff Creek (H), Long Branch (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Finleyson compared to Georgia state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (53%)
- Electricity (39%)
- Utility gas (5%)
- Wood (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Finleyson CCD (based on Pulaski County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 61.18%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||Episcopal Church||Baha'i||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Pulaski County:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pulaski County:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pulaski County:||9.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
6.73% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,286 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Houston County, GA||1.35% ($47,500 average AGI)|
|from Bleckley County, GA||0.67% ($21,143)|
|from Dodge County, GA||0.45% ($20,857)|
7.11% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($25,390 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Finleyson:
- WKTF (1550 AM; 10 kW; VIENNA, GA; Owner: SANTILLANA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WCEH (610 AM; 1 kW; HAWKINSVILLE, GA; Owner: TRI-COUNTY BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WUFF (710 AM; daytime; 3 kW; EASTMAN, GA; Owner: FARNELL O'QUINN)
- WNNG (1350 AM; 15 kW; WARNER ROBINS, GA; Owner: CHASE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WPGA (980 AM; 5 kW; PERRY, GA; Owner: RADIO PERRY, INC.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WXJO (1120 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GORDON, GA; Owner: ROBERTS COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WFVR (910 AM; 50 kW; VALDOSTA, GA; Owner: RAMA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WSTT (730 AM; 25 kW; THOMASVILLE, GA; Owner: MARION R. WILLIAMS)
Strongest FM radio stations in Finleyson:
- WQSY (103.9 FM; HAWKINSVILLE, GA; Owner: TRI-COUNTY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDCO-FM (89.7 FM; COCHRAN, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WQIL (101.3 FM; CHAUNCEY, GA; Owner: GSW, INC.)
- WUFF-FM (97.5 FM; EASTMAN, GA; Owner: FARNELL O'QUINN)
- WMCG (104.9 FM; MILAN, GA; Owner: TEL-DODGE BROADCASTING CO.)
- WCOP-FM (99.9 FM; UNADILLA, GA; Owner: TOCCOA FALLS COLLEGE)
- WVMG-FM (96.7 FM; COCHRAN, GA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WIBB-FM (97.9 FM; FORT VALLEY, GA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- WPGA-FM (100.9 FM; PERRY, GA; Owner: RADIO PERRY, INC.)
- WQXZ (98.3 FM; CORDELE, GA; Owner: METRO COM CORP.)
TV broadcast stations around Finleyson:
- WDCO-TV (Channel 29; COCHRAN, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WPGA-TV (Channel 58; PERRY, GA; Owner: RADIO PERRY, INC.)
- WMGT-TV (Channel 41; MACON, GA; Owner: MORRIS NETWORK, INC.)
- WMAZ-TV (Channel 13; MACON, GA; Owner: GANNETT GEORGIA, L.P.)
- WGXA (Channel 24; MACON, GA; Owner: PIEDMONT TELEVISION OF MACON LICENSE LLC)
- WSST-TV (Channel 55; CORDELE, GA; Owner: SUNBELT-SOUTH TELECOMMUNICATIONS LTD)
Finleyson on our top lists:
- #20 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Supervisors, construction and extraction workers"
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations"
- #49 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Personal and laundry services"
- #66 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Special education teachers"
- #82 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Pharmacies and drug stores"