We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||50.3 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 53826.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $21,119 (it was $14,341 in 2000)
Marietta town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $167,531 (it was $100,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $165,504; Detached houses: $171,533; Townhouses or other attached units: $277,758; In 2-unit structures: $126,127; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $165,507; Mobile homes: $94,136
Races in Marietta, WI (2010)
- 46799.4%White alone
- 10.2%Black alone
- 10.2%Asian alone
Ancestries: German (38.6%), Irish (22.4%), English (10.8%), Norwegian (9.2%), Czech (3.5%), French (2.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 47.0 square miles.
Population density: 10.0 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Marietta:
- High school or higher: 77.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.6%
- Unemployed: 4.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 29.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Marietta town:
- Never married: 24.4%
- Now married: 55.6%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 6.7%
- Divorced: 12.5%
2 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Marietta town:||0.9% ($950)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Dubuque, IA (45.4 miles , pop. 57,686).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (70.4 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (182.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Steuben, WI (2.0 miles) , Boscobel, WI (2.1 miles ), Woodman, WI (2.1 miles) , Haney, WI (2.7 miles ), Wauzeka, WI (2.7 miles ), Watterstown, WI (3.1 miles ), Bell Center, WI (3.1 miles) , Richwood, WI (3.3 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $60,000
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $60,000
- 1999: 1 building, cost: $60,000
- 2000: 1 building, cost: $60,000
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $60,000
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $60,000
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $60,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 43.16 N, Longitude: 90.78 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 608
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (36%)
- Construction (18%)
- Nonmetallic mineral products (9%)
- Food (4%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (4%)
- Health care (3%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (3%)
- Health care (19%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (5%)
- Clothing and accessories, including shoe, stores (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Apparel (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (27%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Construction laborers (7%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (6%)
- Carpenters (4%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (4%)
- Textile, apparel, and furnishings workers (9%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Registered nurses (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (5%)
Average climate in Marietta, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Marietta-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 49% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/11/1965, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 15.9 miles away from the Marietta town center killed one person and injured 3 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/30/1954, a category F4 tornado 19.5 miles away from the town center .
Earthquake activity:Marietta-area historical earthquake activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 87% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 359.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 151.9 miles away from Marietta center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 335.9 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 312.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 120.9 miles away from Marietta center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 390.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Crawford County (18) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 16
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 16, Storms: 14, Tornadoes: 7, Mudslides: 2, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Marietta:
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville (about 33 miles; Platteville, WI; Full-time enrollment: 7,679)
- Viterbo University (about 51 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 2,848)
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (about 51 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 9,837)
- Western Technical College (about 52 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 3,377)
- Luther College (about 53 miles; Decorah, IA; FT enrollment: 2,700)
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar (about 55 miles; Calmar, IA; FT enrollment: 3,365)
- Upper Iowa University (about 56 miles; Fayette, IA; FT enrollment: 5,275)
Notable locations in Marietta: Dremsa Farm (A), Dolans Pavilion (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Marietta: Maple Ridge Bible Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Steele Cemetery (1), Boydtown Cemetery (2), Pioneer Cemetery (3), Wayne Cemetery (4), Pleasant Mound Cemetery (5), Posey Cemetery (6). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lake: Clear Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creeks: Richland Creek (A), Knapp Creek (B), Clear Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
5 people in religious group quarters in 2000
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Marietta town (based on Crawford County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Crawford County:||4.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.59 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Crawford County:||0.59 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Crawford County:||5.90 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||10.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.45% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,128 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Grant County, WI||0.82% ($30,981 average AGI)|
|from Vernon County, WI||0.50% ($25,545)|
|from La Crosse County, WI||0.49% ($24,531)|
5.55% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($35,085 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Marietta:
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WKTY (580 AM; 5 kW; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: FAMILY RADIO, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WPRE (980 AM; 1 kW; PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI; Owner: ROBINSON CORPORATION)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Marietta:
- WQPC (94.3 FM; PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI; Owner: ROBINSON CORPORATION)
- WHHI (91.3 FM; HIGHLAND, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WGLR-FM (97.7 FM; LANCASTER, WI; Owner: QUEENB RADIO WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WJTY (88.1 FM; LANCASTER, WI; Owner: JOY PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KATF (92.9 FM; DUBUQUE, IA; Owner: RADIO DUBUQUE, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Marietta:
- WDLS-LP (Channel 35; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- W22CI (Channel 22; BLOOMINGTON, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- K41AD (Channel 41; LANSING, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 26Number of bridges
- 83m272ftTotal length
- $485,000Total costs
- 25,695Total average daily traffic
- 1,529Total average daily truck traffic
- 29,288Total future (year 2030) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (49%)
- Wood (38%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (7%)
- Electricity (5%)
Marietta compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.