Minden City, Michigan
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||35.2 years|
|Michigan median age:||39.7 years|
Zip codes: 48456.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $15,550 (it was $14,980 in 2000)
Minden City village income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $69,536 (it was $56,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $160,501; Detached houses: $171,785; Townhouses or other attached units: $223,621; In 2-unit structures: $167,156; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $191,907; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $230,201; Mobile homes: $36,121
Median gross rent in 2015: $1,025.
Races in Minden City, MI (2010)
- 18895.4%White alone
- 42.0%Two or more races
- 10.5%American Indian alone
- 10.5%Asian alone
Latest news from Minden City, MI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (39.2%), Polish (20.3%), German (12.7%), European (5.1%), Irish (5.1%), Dutch (2.5%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 850 feet
Land area: 1.12 square miles.
Population density: 171 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Minden City:
- High school or higher: 83.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.8%
- Unemployed: 6.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Minden City village:
- Never married: 27.3%
- Now married: 58.4%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 7.1%
- Divorced: 6.0%
1 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Michigan and other state lists there were 5 registered sex offenders living in Minden City, Michigan as of December 17, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Minden City to the number of sex offenders is 39 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $912 (1.0%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $1,196 (2.2%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Saginaw, MI (61.5 miles , pop. 61,799).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Detroit, MI (90.3 miles , pop. 951,270).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (279.4 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Forestville, MI (2.9 miles) , Ubly, MI (2.9 miles ), Deckerville, MI (3.2 miles ), Harbor Beach, MI (3.7 miles ), Bad Axe, MI (3.8 miles ), Snover, MI (4.2 miles ), Sandusky, MI (4.2 miles ), Carsonville, MI (4.2 miles ).
Latitude: 43.67 N, Longitude: 82.77 W
Area code: 989
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (25%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (22%)
- Construction (11%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (11%)
- Utilities (8%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Retail trade (26%)
- Health care and social assistance (19%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Production occupations (22%)
- Management occupations (19%)
- Transportation occupations (14%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (8%)
- Material moving occupations (8%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (23%)
- Personal care and service occupations (21%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Management occupations (5%)
- Healthcare support occupations (5%)
Average climate in Minden City, Michigan
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Minden City-area historical tornado activity is below Michigan state average. It is 44% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/8/1953, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 47.5 miles away from the Minden City village center killed 116 people and injured 844 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 6/8/1953, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 39.9 miles away from the village center injured 23 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Minden City-area historical earthquake activity is near Michigan state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 193.4 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 165.0 miles away from Minden City center
On 1/26/2001 at 03:03:20, a magnitude 4.4 (3.9 MB, 4.4 LG, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 155.9 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 231.7 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 383.0 miles away from Minden City center
On 6/20/2006 at 20:11:18, a magnitude 3.8 (3.5 MW, 3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 149.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Sanilac County (10) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 5, Snowstorms: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Minden City:
- St Clair County Community College (about 51 miles; Port Huron, MI; Full-time enrollment: 3,057)
- Saginaw Valley State University (about 61 miles; University Center, MI; FT enrollment: 9,021)
- Delta College (about 62 miles; University Center, MI; FT enrollment: 7,480)
- Mott Community College (about 64 miles; Flint, MI; FT enrollment: 7,394)
- University of Michigan-Flint (about 65 miles; Flint, MI; FT enrollment: 6,284)
- Kettering University (about 66 miles; Flint, MI; FT enrollment: 2,044)
- Baker College Center for Graduate Studies (about 67 miles; Flint, MI; FT enrollment: 3,405)
Notable locations in Minden City: Minden City Station (A), Minden City Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
|This village:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Banks with branches in Minden City (2011 data):
- Eastern Michigan Bank: Minden City Branch at 1728 Main Street, branch established on 1964/03/23. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $259.8 mil, Deposits: $233.8 mil, headquarters in Croswell, MI, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 11 total offices, Holding Company: Eastern Michigan Financial Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Minden City village (based on Sanilac County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Sanilac County:||2.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Michigan:||2.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Sanilac County:||2.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Michigan:||1.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|Sanilac County:||4.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.80 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Minden City, MI Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2002)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||8||$750|
|Totals for Government||0||$0||11||$1,854|
Minden City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Sewerage: $13,000 ($68.06)
- Current Operations - Sewerage: $107,000 ($560.21)
Regular Highways: $46,000 ($240.84)
Fire Protection: $44,000 ($230.37)
General - Other: $35,000 ($183.25)
Water Utilities: $21,000 ($109.95)
Solid Waste Management: $13,000 ($68.06)
Central Staff Services: $9,000 ($47.12)
Police Protection: $5,000 ($26.18)
Financial Administration: $3,000 ($15.71)
Parks & Recreation: $1,000 ($5.24)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $1,000 ($5.24)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Police Protection: $5,000 ($26.18)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $8,000 ($41.88)
General - Other: $1,000 ($5.24)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $18,000 ($94.24)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $10,000 ($52.36)
Minden City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $34,000 ($178.01)
Solid Waste Management: $20,000 ($104.71)
All Other: $19,000 ($99.48)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $3,000 ($15.71)
- Local Intergovernmental - Highways: $5,000 ($26.18)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $49,000 ($256.54)
Interest Earnings: $13,000 ($68.06)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $33,000 ($172.77)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $32,000 ($167.54)
Highways: $29,000 ($151.83)
- Tax - Property: $45,000 ($235.60)
Minden City government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $154,000 ($806.28)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $152,000 ($795.81)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $2,000 ($10.47)
Minden City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $130,000 ($680.63)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $359,000 ($1879.58)
4.32% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($35,077 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from St. Clair County, MI||1.00% ($25,420 average AGI)|
|from Macomb County, MI||0.52% ($34,619)|
|from Lapeer County, MI||0.30% ($22,646)|
5.30% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,593 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Minden City:
- WWJ (950 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WOAP (1080 AM; 50 kW; OWOSSO, MI)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WXYT (1270 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF DETROIT)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WMIC (660 AM; daytime; 1 kW; SANDUSKY, MI; Owner: SANILAC BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WDFN (1130 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCHB (1200 AM; 50 kW; TAYLOR, MI; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DETROIT, LLC)
- WLEW (1340 AM; 1 kW; BAD AXE, MI; Owner: THUMB BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTCM (580 AM; 35 kW; TRAVERSE CITY, MI; Owner: WTCM RADIO, INC.)
- WSGW (790 AM; 5 kW; SAGINAW, MI; Owner: NM LICENSING LLC)
- WKNR (850 AM; 50 kW; CLEVELAND, OH; Owner: CARON BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLDR (1210 AM; daytime; 50 kW; KINGSLEY, MI; Owner: FORT BEND BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Minden City:
- WHNN (96.1 FM; BAY CITY, MI; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLEW-FM (102.1 FM; BAD AXE, MI; Owner: THUMB BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTGV-FM (97.7 FM; SANDUSKY, MI; Owner: SANILAC BROADCASTING COMPANY)
TV broadcast stations around Minden City:
- WDCP-TV (Channel 35; BAD AXE, MI; Owner: DELTA COLLEGE)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 13m43ftTotal length
- $217,000Total costs
- 14,050Total average daily traffic
- 2,741Total average daily truck traffic
- 21,503Total future (year 2015) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:4
- Call Sign: K8ICU, Licensee ID: L01600792, Grant Date: 11/15/1988, Expiration Date: 11/15/1998, Cancellation Date: 11/16/2000, Registrant: Paul R Jones, 4825 Bay City-Frstvll Rd, Minden City, MI 48456
- Call Sign: KC8GQL, Licensee ID: L00704436, Grant Date: 01/30/2007, Expiration Date: 03/21/2017, Certifier: Rickey R Oswald, Registrant: Rickey R Oswald, 8545 N 5th St, Minden City, MI 48456
- Call Sign: KD8JJL, Licensee ID: L01433222, Grant Date: 09/23/2008, Expiration Date: 09/23/2018, Cancellation Date: 11/07/2008, Certifier: Brock A Mclellan, Registrant: Lake Huron Amateur Radio Club, Minden City, MI 48456
- Call Sign: N8LFR, Previous Call Sign: KD8JJL, Licensee ID: L01433222, Grant Date: 11/07/2008, Expiration Date: 11/07/2018, Certifier: Brock A Mclellan, Registrant: Lake Huron Amateur Radio Club, Minden City, MI 48456
Drinking water stations with addresses in Minden City and their reported violations in the past:TRINITY LUTH. CHURCH (Population served: 100, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 7
- Hazardous Condition: 7
Incident types - Minden City
|Most common first names in Minden City, MI among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Minden City, MI among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (92%)
- Electricity (6%)
Minden City compared to Michigan state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.