Mount Vernon, Missouri
Mount Vernon: children's playground in Spirit of '76 park after Dec 2009 first big snow
Mount Vernon: shot of "the hill" from Spirit of '76 park after our first big snow fall of 2009
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||46.4 years|
|Missouri median age:||38.4 years|
Zip codes: 65712.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $18,374 (it was $16,210 in 2000)
Mount Vernon city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $99,182 (it was $67,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $118,905; Detached houses: $118,098
Median gross rent in 2016: $639.
Races in Mount Vernon, MO (2016)
- 4,31794.9%White alone
- 420.9%Two or more races
- 360.8%American Indian alone
- 140.3%Black alone
- 90.2%Asian alone
|Interesting Missouri facts. (1084 replies)|
|What similarities are there between Missouri and the South? (51 replies)|
|Moving to Kansas City from Baltimore (6 replies)|
|Cities that are most like St. Louis (251 replies)|
|Is Mount Vernon "just" another small town? (31 replies)|
|Are there any future plans to upgrade these routes in the city of Springfield? (13 replies)|
Latest news from Mount Vernon, MO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (24.9%), German (17.6%), English (9.4%), Irish (6.4%), Italian (4.9%), Scotch-Irish (1.1%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1848
Elevation: 1200 feet
Land area: 3.42 square miles.
Population density: 1,316 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Mount Vernon:
- High school or higher: 86.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.7%
- Unemployed: 5.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Mount Vernon city:
- Never married: 17.7%
- Now married: 46.5%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 12.9%
- Divorced: 20.9%
11 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Missouri and other state lists there were 19 registered sex offenders living in Mount Vernon, Missouri as of May 27, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Mount Vernon to the number of sex offenders is 239 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $588 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $859 (0.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Springfield, MO (30.1 miles , pop. 151,580).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Tulsa, OK (135.4 miles , pop. 393,049).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (341.7 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Hoberg, MO (1.7 miles) , Freistatt, MO (2.6 miles) , Stotts City, MO (2.7 miles ), Chesapeake, MO (2.8 miles) , Miller, MO (2.8 miles ), Verona, MO (3.1 miles ), Aurora, MO (3.2 miles ), Marionville, MO (3.5 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 16 buildings, average cost: $66,800
- 1998: 17 buildings, average cost: $66,800
- 1999: 6 buildings, average cost: $80,600
- 2000: 6 buildings, average cost: $80,600
- 2001: 19 buildings, average cost: $85,500
- 2002: 15 buildings, average cost: $67,500
- 2003: 16 buildings, average cost: $67,500
- 2004: 35 buildings, average cost: $71,900
- 2006: 12 buildings, average cost: $105,000
- 2007: 11 buildings, average cost: $125,000
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $115,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $85,000
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $160,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 37.10 N, Longitude: 93.82 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,445 (+31.8%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 982 (57.9%)
Area code: 417
|Crime rates in Mount Vernon by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 280.5)||112.8||144.9||211.4||363.9||350.9||387.1||267.5||243.7||270.1||269.2||328.2||251.9||185.7||215.2||163.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Mount Vernon detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.43|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +261 (+6.9%).
- Manufacturing (34%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Health care and social assistance (8%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Construction (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (31%)
- Manufacturing (24%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Production occupations (15%)
- Management occupations (15%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (14%)
- Computer and mathematical occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (24%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (19%)
- Production occupations (17%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Healthcare support occupations (8%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (4%)
Average climate in Mount Vernon, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Mount Vernon-area historical tornado activity is near Missouri state average. It is 63% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/29/1991, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 28.6 miles away from the Mount Vernon city center killed 2 people and injured 64 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 3/12/2006, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 8.4 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 8 people and caused $56 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Mount Vernon-area historical earthquake activity is near Missouri state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 159.4 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 219.2 miles away from Mount Vernon center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 161.0 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 224.2 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 236.2 miles away from Mount Vernon center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 337.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Lawrence County (15) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 10, Tornadoes: 8, Winter Storms: 3, Winds: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Julia Butterfly Hill - Activist, Charles D. Barger - Army Medal of Honor recipient.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Mount Vernon: Charles D. Barger.
Hospitals and medical centers in Mount Vernon:
airports located in Mount Vernon:
- Mount Vernon Municipal Airport (2MO) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 76, Local Ops: 1,045)
- Springhill Airport (77MO) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Mount Vernon:
- Drury University (about 31 miles; Springfield, MO; Full-time enrollment: 3,902)
- Missouri State University-Springfield (about 31 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 16,660)
- Ozarks Technical Community College (about 31 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 10,356)
- Evangel University (about 32 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Missouri Southern State University (about 36 miles; Joplin, MO; FT enrollment: 4,456)
- Crowder College (about 37 miles; Neosho, MO; FT enrollment: 3,675)
- Southwest Baptist University (about 42 miles; Bolivar, MO; FT enrollment: 2,783)
Public high schools in Mount Vernon:
- MT. VERNON HIGH (Students: 516, Location: 400 W HWY 174, Grades: 9-12)
- MT. VERNON TREATMENT CTR. (Location: 500 STATE DR, Grades: 6-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Mount Vernon:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Missouri Southern State College is now Missouri Southern State University.
- KWFC FM 89.1 is one of the strongest radio stations in Mt. Vernon, but it is not listed. Please list it. Thank you, KWFC Station Rep, Bill Hathaway P.S. KWFC is a member of the Mt. Vernon Chanber of Commerce.
- Missouri Southern State College is now Missouri Southern State University.
Notable locations in Mount Vernon: Doubling Spur (A), Mount Vernon Rural Fire Protection Association (B), Mount Vernon Fire Department (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Mount Vernon: Kingsway Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attraction: Jones Memorial Chapel & Museum (11110 Lawrence # 1137).
Hotels: Budget Host Ranch Motel (1015 East Mount Vernon Boulevard), Comfort Inn (1125 East Daniel Drive).
Court: Lawrence County - Associate Circuit Court (Mount Vernon Courtho).
(15.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Mount Vernon in 2010:
- 307 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 31 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals and psychiatric units in other hospitals
- 28 people in residential treatment centers for juveniles (non-correctional)
- 27 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
People in group quarters in Mount Vernon in 2000:
- 254 people in nursing homes
- 72 people in orthopedic wards and institutions for the physically handicapped
- 23 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 21 people in homes for abused, dependent, and neglected children
Banks with branches in Mount Vernon (2011 data):
- Mid-Missouri Bank: Drive-In Facility at 200 W. Mt. Vernon Boulevard, branch established on 1975/07/28; Mount Vernon Branch at 109 North Hickory, branch established on 1930/01/01. Info updated 2011/07/27: Bank assets: $509.3 mil, Deposits: $452.7 mil, headquarters in Springfield, MO, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 15 total offices, Holding Company: Mid-Missouri Bancshares, Inc.
- Liberty Bank: Mt Vernon Branch at 500 E Mt Vernon Blvd, branch established on 1996/10/27. Info updated 2011/03/28: Bank assets: $1,093.3 mil, Deposits: $919.6 mil, headquarters in Springfield, MO, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 19 total offices, Holding Company: Liberty Bancshares, Inc
- Regions Bank: Mt. Vernon Business Loop Branch at 106 East Mt Vernon Blvd, branch established on 1982/07/15. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Mount Vernon city (based on Lawrence County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Lawrence County:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lawrence County:||0.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||0.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Lawrence County:||7.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Mount Vernon, MO Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||5||$15,486||$37,166||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||2||$1,174|
|Police Protection - Officers||11||$30,804||$33,604||0||$0|
|Police - Other||0||$0||2||$1,070|
|Streets and Highways||2||$5,332||$31,992||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||0||$0||1||$60|
|Parks and Recreation||3||$9,342||$37,368||4||$2,976|
|Other and Unallocable||1||$1,776||$21,312||1||$1,024|
|Totals for Government||33||$95,050||$34,564||12||$8,034|
6.61% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,402 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Greene County, MO||1.48% ($33,354 average AGI)|
|from Barry County, MO||0.97% ($26,960)|
|from Jasper County, MO||0.46% ($23,483)|
7.01% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($27,538 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Mount Vernon:
- KRMO (990 AM; 3 kW; CASSVILLE, MO; Owner: MONETT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KSWM (940 AM; 1 kW; AURORA, MO; Owner: 940 RADIO, INC.)
- KKLL (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WEBB CITY, MO; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- KWTO (560 AM; 5 kW; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: KWTO, INC.)
- KBTN (1420 AM; 10 kW; NEOSHO, MO; Owner: PETRACOM OF JOPLIN, L.L.C.)
- KKOW (860 AM; 10 kW; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTS)
- KSGF (1260 AM; 5 kW; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KLFJ (1550 AM; 5 kW; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: 127, INC.)
- WMBH (1560 AM; 10 kW; JOPLIN, MO)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KOCR (1310 AM; 5 kW; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: OZARK CHRISTIAN COLLEGE)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Mount Vernon:
- KHTO (106.7 FM; MOUNT VERNON, MO; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KZRQ (104.1 FM; ASH GROVE, MO; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KGMY-FM (100.5 FM; AURORA, MO; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KTTS-FM (94.7 FM; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KOSP (105.1 FM; WILLARD, MO; Owner: MW SPRINGMO, INC.)
- KKBL (95.9 FM; MONETT, MO; Owner: MONETT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KTXR (101.3 FM; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: STEREO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOMG (92.9 FM; OZARK, MO; Owner: MW SPRINGMO, INC.)
- KIXQ (102.5 FM; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: BIG MACK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KQMO (97.7 FM; SHELL KNOB, MO; Owner: MAGIC CIRCLE RADIO, INC.)
- KSYN (92.5 FM; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: BIG MACK BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KWTO-FM (98.7 FM; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: KWTO, INC.)
- KXUS (97.3 FM; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KRLK (107.7 FM; STOCKTON, MO; Owner: KRLK RADIO, INC.)
- KMXL (95.1 FM; CARTHAGE, MO; Owner: CARTHAGE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KSMU (91.1 FM; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: BD OF REGENTS FOR SW MO ST UNIV)
- KADI (99.5 FM; REPUBLIC, MO; Owner: VISION COMMUNICATIONS, INCORPORATED)
TV broadcast stations around Mount Vernon:
- KYTV (Channel 3; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: KY3, INC.)
- K05KD (Channel 5; CARTHAGE, MO; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- KOZK (Channel 21; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: BD. OF GOVERNORS OF SW MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KSPR (Channel 33; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: PIEDMONT TELEVISION OF SPRINGFIELD LICENSE LLC)
- KOLR (Channel 10; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: VHR SPRINGFIELD LICENSE, INC.)
- KDEB-TV (Channel 27; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: QUORUM OF MISSOURI LICENSE, LLC)
- KODE-TV (Channel 12; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: MISSION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K38DD (Channel 38; MONETT, MO; Owner: PEGGY L. DAVIS AND DEBORAH R. KENNY)
- KCLJ-CA (Channel 46; JOPLIN/CARTHAGE, MO; Owner: GARY M./DEBORAH R. KENNY)
- K61GJ (Channel 61; AURORA, MO; Owner: NEW LIFE EVANGELISTIC CENTER, INC.)
- KOZJ (Channel 26; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: BD. OF GOVERNORS OF SW MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY)
- K41FQ (Channel 41; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- K15CZ (Channel 15; SPRINGFIELD, MO; Owner: KY3, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
Mount Vernon fatal accident list:
Jun 24, 1989 02:35 AM, Outer Rd, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Jan 1, 1983 07:13 PM, V, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 4Number of bridges
- 12m39ftTotal length
- 11,714Total average daily traffic
- 1,287Total average daily truck traffic
- 18,177Total future (year 2034) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Mount Vernon)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:61 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:7
- State Chest Hospital 600 N Main (Lat: 37.111722 Lon: -93.821028), Type: Building, Structure height: 23 m, Overall height: 29 m, Call Sign: KBF421
Assigned Frequencies: 155.865 MHz, 154.115 MHz, 453.900 MHzGrant Date: 10/04/2002, Expiration Date: 11/05/2012, Cancellation Date: 01/05/2013Registrant: Professional Licensing Consultants Inc, Rockville, MD 20849, Phone: (301) 309-2380, Fax: (301) 309-1996
- 600 N Main & Hwy Cc (Lat: 37.111722 Lon: -93.821028), Call Sign: KJJ395
Assigned Frequencies: 155.940 MHzGrant Date: 11/03/2012, Expiration Date: 11/03/2022Registrant: Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, 2300 N Street, Nw, Washington, DC 20037-1128, Phone: (202) 663-8000, Fax: (202) 663-8007, Email:
- County Courthouse (Lat: 37.103944 Lon: -93.818528), Type: Bant, Structure height: 43 m, Overall height: 46 m, Call Sign: KWV564
Assigned Frequencies: 155.055 MHzGrant Date: 07/12/2013, Expiration Date: 07/13/2023Registrant: Radiophone Engineering, Inc., 534 West Walnut, Springfield, MO 65806, Phone: (417) 862-6653, Fax: (417) 862-6768, Email:
- 1 Mi W & 1/4 Mi S Of Main On Hwy 39 (Lat: 37.092833 Lon: -93.815750), Call Sign: KJK411
Assigned Frequencies: 151.745 MHzGrant Date: 01/01/2004, Expiration Date: 02/10/2014, Cancellation Date: 04/12/2014Registrant: E C Barton & Company, 2929 Brown\'s Lane, Jonesboro, AR 72403-4040, Phone: (870) 935-8421, Fax: (870) 972-1304, Email:
- 1.8 Mi Nne (Lat: 37.112833 Lon: -93.789083), Call Sign: KYB427
Assigned Frequencies: 153.290 MHzGrant Date: 08/22/2013, Expiration Date: 10/07/2023Registrant: Fcc-Faa Licensing, LLC, 211 North Union Street, Suite 100, Alexandria, VA 22314, Phone: (703) 615-6615, Email:
- 1/4 Mi E Of Hwy 39 On Bus Loop I 44 (Lat: 37.098667 Lon: -93.811306), Call Sign: KAI257
Assigned Frequencies: 35.8200 MHzGrant Date: 09/11/1996, Expiration Date: 10/16/2001, Cancellation Date: 03/17/2002Registrant: Stocker Propane Service Co Inc, Mount Vernon, MO 65712
- Mount Vernon, Cnr Cr 1200 & Cr 1102; 2.7 Mi Ne Of (Lat: 37.132778 Lon: -93.788889), Type: Tower, Structure height: 100.6 m, Overall height: 106.9 m, Call Sign: WQAD759
Assigned Frequencies: 44.5800 MHzGrant Date: 05/12/2004, Expiration Date: 05/12/2014, Cancellation Date: 10/29/2012, Certifier: Robert LeedhamRegistrant: Keller And Heckman LLP, 1001 G Street Nw, Suite 500 West, Washington, DC 20001, Phone: (202) 434-4282, Fax: (202) 434-4646, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:6
- MT VERNON, 1.5 Mi Sw (Lat: 37.087556 Lon: -93.842417), Overall height: 91.4 m, Call Sign: WML829
Assigned Frequencies: 2112.00 MHzGrant Date: 03/06/2001, Expiration Date: 02/01/2011, Cancellation Date: 08/28/2008, Certifier: Glenn S RabinRegistrant: Alltel Communications, LLC, One Allied Drive, B1f2-D, Little Rock, AR 72202, Phone: (501) 905-8555, Fax: (501) 905-6193, Email:
- STATION, Sw Corner Of Int Of Hwy 39 & Y (Lat: 37.116139 Lon: -93.829639), Overall height: 13.1 m, Call Sign: WNET743
Assigned Frequencies: 2198.40 MHzGrant Date: 11/20/2002, Expiration Date: 11/19/2012, Cancellation Date: 03/02/2007Registrant: Kamo Electric Cooperative Inc, 500 S Kamo Drive, Vinita, OK 74301, Phone: (918) 256-5551, Fax: (918) 256-8023, Email:
- Mt Vernon, Cnr Cr2100 & Cr110 2.7mi Ne Of (Lat: 37.132806 Lon: -93.789083), Type: Tower, Structure height: 100.6 m, Overall height: 106.9 m, Call Sign: WRQ91
Assigned Frequencies: 6197.24 MHz, 6286.19 MHzGrant Date: 10/06/2009, Expiration Date: 10/13/2019Registrant: Bnsf Railway Co., 4515 Kansas Ave, Kansas City, KS 66106, Phone: (913) 551-4958, Fax: (913) 551-4053, Email:
- MT VERNON, Section 33, T-28-N, R-26-W (Lat: 37.094583 Lon: -93.784694), Type: Tower, Structure height: 137.2 m, Overall height: 143.3 m, Call Sign: WQKP499
Assigned Frequencies: 6345.49 MHzGrant Date: 08/03/2009, Expiration Date: 08/03/2019, Certifier: John E RooneyRegistrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
- ST03RW420, 1095 East Mount Vernon Blvd (#274133) (Lat: 37.092889 Lon: -93.806167), Type: Mast, Structure height: 59.4 m, Overall height: 60.7 m, Call Sign: WQSG498
Assigned Frequencies: 10775.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz, 10775.0 MHz, 10775.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz, 10775.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz, 10775.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz, 10775.0 MHzGrant Date: 09/17/2013, Expiration Date: 09/17/2023, Certifier: Kyle B EntzRegistrant: Sprint Corporation, 12502 Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston, VA 20196, Phone: (703) 433-4000, Fax: (703) 433-4483
- MT VERNON, 1.8 Mi Nne (Lat: 37.112806 Lon: -93.789083), Overall height: 152.1 m, Call Sign: WLT533
Assigned Frequencies: 2171.60 MHz, 2178.00 MHzGrant Date: 02/13/2001, Expiration Date: 02/01/2011, Cancellation Date: 03/14/2007, Certifier: Carol L TackerRegistrant: Cingular Wireless LLC, 5601 Legacy Drive Ms A-3, Plano, TX 75024, Phone: (469) 229-7506, Fax: (469) 229-7295, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:36 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Mount Vernon)
FAA Registered Aircraft:16 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Mount Vernon)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Mount Vernon and their reported violations in the past:SUMMIT BAPTIST CHURCH (Population served: 75, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In NOV-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (2 times from DEC-23-2005 to DEC-23-2005), St Public Notif requested (2 times from DEC-23-2005 to DEC-23-2005), St Public Notif received (FEB-08-2006), St Compliance achieved (JAN-22-2014)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 3
- Hazardous Condition: 1
|Most common first names in Mount Vernon, MO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Mount Vernon, MO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (56%)
- Electricity (34%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (9%)
- Other fuel (1%)
|Businesses in Mount Vernon, MO|
Mount Vernon compared to Missouri state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Mount Vernon on our top lists:
- #16 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in orthopedic wards and institutions for the physically handicapped (population 1,000+)"
- #46 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for abused, dependent, and neglected children (population 1,000+)"
Total of 4 patent applications in 2008-2018.