Queen City, Missouri
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||50.4 years|
|Missouri median age:||38.1 years|
Zip codes: 63561.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $18,239 (it was $11,928 in 2000)
Queen City city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $48,321 (it was $28,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $93,837; Detached houses: $66,744; Mobile homes: $221,451
Median gross rent in 2013: $300.
Races in Queen City, MO (2010)
- 58497.7%White alone
- 30.5%American Indian alone
- 30.5%Two or more races
|Where in Missouri does the South begin? (475 replies)|
|Branson is slowly dying!!! (186 replies)|
|Long ago on independence square (9339 replies)|
|Visiting Springfield, Looking for Ideas (49 replies)|
|looking at property in Barry County, MO-why so many sex offenders? (12 replies)|
|Opinions on Independence, MO? (90 replies)|
Latest news from Queen City, MO collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (37.0%), Irish (23.6%), English (14.9%), Dutch (1.8%), Danish (1.6%), United States (1.6%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1863
Elevation: 1003 feet
Land area: 1.03 square miles.
Population density: 574 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Queen City:
- High school or higher: 78.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.6%
- Unemployed: 8.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Queen City city:
- Never married: 17.8%
- Now married: 48.0%
- Separated: 4.2%
- Widowed: 16.0%
- Divorced: 14.0%
11 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Missouri and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Queen City, Missouri as of November 24, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Queen City to the number of sex offenders is 295 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $393 (0.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $480 (1.0%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Des Moines, IA (98.6 miles , pop. 198,682).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Kansas City, MO (140.3 miles , pop. 441,545).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (273.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Greentop, MO (2.0 miles ), Worthington, MO (2.5 miles) , Glenwood, MO (2.8 miles ), Lancaster, MO (2.9 miles ), Livonia, MO (3.0 miles) , Downing, MO (3.4 miles ), Novinger, MO (3.8 miles ), Kirksville, MO (3.9 miles ).
Latitude: 40.41 N, Longitude: 92.57 W
Area code: 660
|Crime rates in Queen City by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 272.2)||12.0||12.0||0.0||0.0||0.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Unemployment by year (%)
- Manufacturing (35%)
- Retail trade (16%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Construction (10%)
- Transportation and warehousing (10%)
- Health care and social assistance (7%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Retail trade (33%)
- Health care and social assistance (18%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (16%)
- Finance and insurance (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Manufacturing (3%)
- Production occupations (29%)
- Management occupations (19%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (10%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (4%)
- Sales and related occupations (27%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (18%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (15%)
- Material moving occupations (12%)
- Health technologists and technicians (10%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Personal care and service occupations (6%)
Average climate in Queen City, Missouri
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Queen City-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Missouri state average. It is 29% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/24/1967, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 2.0 miles away from the Queen City city center injured 2 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 4/20/1973, a category F4 tornado 30.5 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 3 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Queen City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Missouri state average. It is 82% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 284.2 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 272.5 miles away from Queen City center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 277.4 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 304.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 306.3 miles away from Queen City center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 285.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Schuyler County (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 6, Winter Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 4, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Farrell Dobbs - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers in Queen City:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Queen City:
- DIALYSIS CLINICS, INC - KIRKSVILLE (Dialysis Facility, about 14 miles away; KIRKSVILLE, MO)
- HOSPICE OF NORTHEAST MISSOURI (Hospital, about 15 miles away; KIRKSVILLE, MO)
- NORTHEAST REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Acute Care Hospitals (about 15 miles away; KIRKSVILLE, MO)
- TWIN PINES ADULT CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; KIRKSVILLE, MO)
- GRIM-SMITH HOSPITAL AND CLINIC (Hospital, about 16 miles away; KIRKSVILLE, MO)
- ADAIR COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT/ HOME HEALTH AGENCY (Home Health Center, about 16 miles away; KIRKSVILLE, MO)
- KIRKSVILLE MANOR CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; KIRKSVILLE, MO)
Airports located in Queen City:
- Applegate Airport (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 30, Itinerant Ops: 470, Local Ops: 900)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Queen City:
- Truman State University (about 16 miles; Kirksville, MO; Full-time enrollment: 5,553)
- Indian Hills Community College (about 45 miles; Ottumwa, IA; FT enrollment: 4,034)
- Moberly Area Community College (about 69 miles; Moberly, MO; FT enrollment: 3,977)
- Southeastern Community College (about 79 miles; West Burlington, IA; FT enrollment: 2,251)
- Western Illinois University (about 100 miles; Macomb, IL; FT enrollment: 10,755)
- Drake University (about 101 miles; Des Moines, IA; FT enrollment: 3,768)
- Columbia College (about 102 miles; Columbia, MO; FT enrollment: 13,975)
Public high school in Queen City:
- Uyler Co. High School (Students: 266; Location: N Hwy 63; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Queen City:
Notable location: Queen City Community Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
(15.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents)
|This city:||2.1 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
54 people in nursing homes in 2000
Queen City compared to Missouri state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Queen City (2011 data):
- Exchange Bank of Northeast Missouri: Queen City Branch at Highway 63 North, branch established on 1978/10/18. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $136.1 mil, Deposits: $117.3 mil, headquarters in Kahoka, MO, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Lincoln County Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (45%)
- Electricity (26%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (15%)
- Wood (10%)
- Other fuel (3%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Queen City city (based on Schuyler County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Schuyler County:||12.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|Missouri:||1.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Schuyler County:||7.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||2.45 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||5||$435||$1,044||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||1||$1,136||$13,632||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||1||$1,433||$17,196||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||8||$4,350||$6,525||0||$0|
Queen City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Regular Highways: $6,000 ($10.19)
Sewerage: $1,000 ($1.70)
- Current Operations - Sewerage: $66,000 ($112.05)
Regular Highways: $61,000 ($103.57)
Police Protection: $20,000 ($33.96)
Central Staff Services: $20,000 ($33.96)
Financial Administration: $6,000 ($10.19)
Fire Protection: $5,000 ($8.49)
Parks & Recreation: $3,000 ($5.09)
- General - Interest on Debt: $10,000 ($16.98)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $49,000 ($83.19)
Queen City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $68,000 ($115.45)
- Local Intergovernmental - Highways: $7,000 ($11.88)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $7,000 ($11.88)
Special Assessments: $3,000 ($5.09)
Interest Earnings: $2,000 ($3.40)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $29,000 ($49.24)
All Other: $1,000 ($1.70)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $27,000 ($45.84)
Other Selective Sales: $20,000 ($33.96)
Property: $16,000 ($27.16)
NEC: $3,000 ($5.09)
Public Utilities: $2,000 ($3.40)
Queen City government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $169,000 ($286.93)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $151,000 ($256.37)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $18,000 ($30.56)
Queen City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $81,000 ($137.52)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $21,000 ($35.65)
4.30% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,233 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Adair County, MO||1.22% ($29,294 average AGI)|
5.92% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($23,083 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
|to Adair County, MO||1.83% ($19,038 average AGI)|
Strongest AM radio stations in Queen City:
- WPSN (1590 AM; 3 kW; HONESDALE, PA; Owner: DE WIT BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KIRX (1450 AM; 1 kW; KIRKSVILLE, MO; Owner: KIRX,INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KPSZ (940 AM; 10 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF IOWA, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKHK (1250 AM; 25 kW; KANSAS CITY, KS)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Queen City:
- KHGN (90.7 FM; KIRKSVILLE, MO; Owner: CARE BROADCASTING, INC)
- KTUF (93.7 FM; KIRKSVILLE, MO; Owner: KIRX, INC.)
- KLTE (107.9 FM; KIRKSVILLE, MO; Owner: BOTT COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KRXL (94.5 FM; KIRKSVILLE, MO; Owner: KIRX, INC.)
- KKTR (89.7 FM; KIRKSVILLE, MO; Owner: TRUMAN STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KTRM (88.7 FM; KIRKSVILLE, MO; Owner: TRUMAN STATE UNIVERSITY)
- KMEM-FM (100.5 FM; MEMPHIS, MO; Owner: BOYER BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KOJY (106.9 FM; BLOOMFIELD, IA; Owner: HORIZON BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Queen City:
- KTVO (Channel 3; KIRKSVILLE, MO; Owner: KTVO LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
- K34CW (Channel 34; KIRKSVILLE, MO; Owner: WAITT BROADCASTING, INC.)
Queen City fatal accident list:
Sep 30, 1994 07:00 PM, 63, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 5, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: KC0HIX, Licensee ID: L00214558
Grant Date: 02/23/2010, Expiration Date: 03/03/2020, Certifier: Cary F Porter
Registrant: Cary F Porter, Rr 1 Box 150, Queen City, MO 63561
- Call Sign: KC0JEH, Licensee ID: L00299647
Grant Date: 11/20/2010, Expiration Date: 11/22/2020, Certifier: Josh A Applegate
Registrant: Josh A Applegate, Rr 1 Box 149, Queen City, MO 63561
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
|Most common first names in Queen City, MO among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Queen City, MO among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.