Tamaqua: Tamaqua's Rairload Station & Visitors Center at Depot Square www.tamaquastation.com
Tamaqua: Depot Square Park and Train Station from 5 Points
Tamaqua: Elevated view of Downtown Tamaqua
Tamaqua: Portion of Tamaqua during a winter day, #1
Tamaqua: Portion of Tamaqua during a winter day, #1
Tamaqua: Tamaqua in winter
Tamaqua: Portion of Tamaqua during a winter day, #1
Submit your own pictures of this borough and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||42.5 years|
|Pennsylvania median age:||40.6 years|
Zip codes: 18252.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $17,465 (it was $15,752 in 2000)
Tamaqua borough income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $57,472 (it was $47,700 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $124,662; Detached houses: $154,794; Townhouses or other attached units: $55,477; In 2-unit structures: $83,787; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $91,557; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $104,851; Mobile homes: $43,194
Median gross rent in 2013: $582.
Races in Tamaqua, PA (2010)
- 6,70894.4%White alone
- 751.1%Two or more races
- 390.5%Black alone
- 230.3%Asian alone
- 100.1%American Indian alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Online travel agencies generate most of their revenue in the United States Oct 25
- In Which States are Businesses Most Dependent on International Demand? Oct 22
- The most comfortable places to live in the U.S. Oct 21
- Fast food industry is an enduring American value Oct 19
- A look at the numbers: diabetes in the U.S. Oct 17
|Anthracite Coal Miners of Eastern PA (99 replies)|
|Wilkes Barre, PA. extremely dangerous!!! (222 replies)|
|The PA Coal Region in great decline any thoughts? (56 replies)|
|Would I be the only Jew in NEPA? (48 replies)|
|What is the WORST city or town in Pennsylvania? (263 replies)|
|Affordable and safe small town for retirement in PA (41 replies)|
Latest news from Tamaqua, PA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (26.3%), Irish (16.0%), Italian (6.5%), Welsh (5.5%), English (5.5%), Dutch (5.3%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1832
Elevation: 824 feet
Land area: 9.83 square miles.
Population density: 702 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Tamaqua:
- High school or higher: 83.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.5%
- Unemployed: 6.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Tamaqua borough:
- Never married: 30.7%
- Now married: 43.0%
- Separated: 3.3%
- Widowed: 10.1%
- Divorced: 12.9%
160 residents are foreign born (1.3% Latin America, 0.9% Europe).
According to our research of Pennsylvania and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Tamaqua, Pennsylvania as of October 26, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Tamaqua to the number of sex offenders is 1,000 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,279 (1.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,178 (2.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Allentown, PA (29.0 miles , pop. 106,632).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Philadelphia, PA (70.3 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Hometown, PA (1.4 miles ), Coaldale borough, PA (1.8 miles ), Park Crest, PA (2.1 miles ), Lansford borough, PA (2.2 miles ), Grier City-Park Crest, PA (2.2 miles ), Tuscarora, PA (2.2 miles ), Grier City, PA (2.3 miles ), Summit Hill borough, PA (2.4 miles ).
Latitude: 40.80 N, Longitude: 75.97 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: -522 (-7.4%)
Workers who live and work in this borough: 859 (30.6%)
Area code: 570
|Crime rates in Tamaqua by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 287.5)||178.8||202.6||207.4||276.1||220.6||263.8||167.4||224.2||222.9||277.0||238.0||216.3||187.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Tamaqua detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.01|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -835 (-10.4%).
- Manufacturing (28%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Construction (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (23%)
- Retail trade (18%)
- Manufacturing (10%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Information (5%)
- Production occupations (19%)
- Material moving occupations (12%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (9%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (33%)
- Sales and related occupations (14%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (10%)
- Production occupations (9%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Healthcare support occupations (4%)
- Personal care and service occupations (4%)
Average climate in Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Tamaqua-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Pennsylvania state average. It is 3% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/26/1981, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 20.3 miles away from the Tamaqua borough center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/31/1998, a category F3 tornado 22.3 miles away from the borough center injured 7 people and caused $1 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Tamaqua-area historical earthquake activity is near Pennsylvania state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 32.6 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 233.4 miles away from Tamaqua center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 235.6 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 00:42:43, a magnitude 4.2 (4.2 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 32.7 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 279.6 miles away from Tamaqua center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 275.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Schuylkill County (15) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 6, Snowstorms: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Water Shortage: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Henry Aurand - General, Charles Justin Bailey - Army general of World War I, Chris Fulmer - Baseball player, Frank M. Allen - Politician, G. Raymond Nye - Actor, William Klingaman - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers in Tamaqua:
airports located in Tamaqua:See details about airports located in Tamaqua, PA
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Tamaqua:
- McCann School of Business & Technology (about 17 miles; Pottsville, PA; Full-time enrollment: 3,412)
- Lehigh Carbon Community College (about 21 miles; Schnecksville, PA; FT enrollment: 4,391)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (about 22 miles; Kutztown, PA; FT enrollment: 9,099)
- Luzerne County Community College (about 28 miles; Nanticoke, PA; FT enrollment: 4,724)
- Muhlenberg College (about 28 miles; Allentown, PA; FT enrollment: 2,792)
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (about 29 miles; Bloomsburg, PA; FT enrollment: 9,452)
- Albright College (about 31 miles; Reading, PA; FT enrollment: 2,319)
Public high school in Tamaqua:
- TAMAQUA AREA SHS (Students: 735, Location: 500 PENN ST, Grades: 9-12)
Private high schools in Tamaqua:
Public elementary/middle schools in Tamaqua:
Private elementary/middle school in Tamaqua:
Notable locations in Tamaqua: Arlington Yards (A), South Ward Fire Company (B), American Hose Company 1 Tamaqua (C), Citizens Fire Company 1 (D), East End Fire Company (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: Upper Owl Creek Reservoir (A), Tamaqua Reservoirs (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Wabash Creek (A), Rabbit Run (B), Slum Creek (C), Panther Creek (D), Owl Creek (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Tamaqua Gallery For The Everhart Museum (Art Museums; 22 West Broad Street) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2007 was 30.8. This is significantly better than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2007 was 0.462. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 13.0 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2007 was 5.72. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 13.0 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2003 was 26.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 22.0 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2009 was 0.0632. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 5.7 miles away from the city center.
(24.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 59.1% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 2.9% for two or more races residents)
|This borough:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Banks with branches in Tamaqua (2011 data):
- Sovereign Bank, National Association: Tamaqua Branch at 408 East Broad St, branch established on 1960/10/03; Mahanoy Ave Branch at 32 Mahanoy Ave, branch established on 2002/03/08. Info updated 2012/01/31: Bank assets: $78,146.9 mil, Deposits: $48,042.9 mil, headquarters in Wilmington, DE, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 718 total offices, Holding Company: Banco Santander, S.A.
- Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company: Tamaqua Branch at 100 East Broad Street, branch established on 1966/10/03. Info updated 2011/08/08: Bank assets: $76,887.1 mil, Deposits: $60,064.2 mil, headquarters in Buffalo, NY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 808 total offices, Holding Company: M&T Bank Corporation
- Mauch Chunk Trust Company: Hometown Branch at 226 Claremont Ave, branch established on 2007/11/12. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $312.6 mil, Deposits: $236.8 mil, headquarters in Jim Thorpe, PA, positive income, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Mauch Chunk Trust Financial Corp.
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Tamaqua Branch at 17 W Broad Street, branch established on 1966/11/07. Info updated 2011/04/05: Bank assets: $1,161,490.0 mil, Deposits: $905,653.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6395 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- Woodforest National Bank: Tamaqua Pennsylvania Branch at 35 Plaza Drive, branch established on 2007/03/12. Info updated 2011/05/10: Bank assets: $3,488.9 mil, Deposits: $3,097.6 mil, headquarters in Houston, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 766 total offices, Holding Company: Woodforest Financial Group Employee Stock Ownership Plan (With 401(K) Provisions) (Amended And
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Tamaqua borough (based on Schuylkill County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Schuylkill County:||2.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pennsylvania:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|Schuylkill County:||0.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pennsylvania:||0.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Schuylkill County:||3.26 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.12 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Tamaqua, PA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$26,496||$79,488||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||4||$32,367||$97,101||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||2||$5,907||$35,442||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||18||$116,173||$77,449||0||$0|
Tamaqua government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Sewerage: $314,000 ($45.51)
Parking Facilities: $123,000 ($17.83)
Regular Highways: $47,000 ($6.81)
Water Utilities: $46,000 ($6.67)
- Current Operations - General - Other: $1,491,000 ($216.12)
Police Protection: $653,000 ($94.65)
Sewerage: $539,000 ($78.13)
Regular Highways: $498,000 ($72.18)
Central Staff Services: $362,000 ($52.47)
Housing & Community Development: $351,000 ($50.88)
Solid Waste Management: $343,000 ($49.72)
Sea and Inland Port Facilities: $335,000 ($48.56)
Water Utilities: $331,000 ($47.98)
General Public Buildings: $153,000 ($22.18)
Parks & Recreation: $139,000 ($20.15)
Parking Facilities: $132,000 ($19.13)
Fire Protection: $92,000 ($13.34)
Financial Administration: $63,000 ($9.13)
Judicial and Legal Services: $14,000 ($2.03)
Health Services - Other: $4,000 ($0.58)
Libraries: $3,000 ($0.43)
- Employee Retirement - Total Cash & Deposits: $4,662,000 ($675.75)
Benefit Payments: $95,000 ($13.77)
- General - Interest on Debt: $131,000 ($18.99)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $28,000 ($4.06)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,609,000 ($233.22)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $775,000 ($112.34)
Tamaqua government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $1,157,000 ($167.71)
Solid Waste Management: $375,000 ($54.36)
Parks & Recreation: $41,000 ($5.94)
Parking Facilities: $41,000 ($5.94)
- Employee Retirement - Interest Revenue: $210,000 ($30.44)
From Other Government: $36,000 ($5.22)
Local Employee Contribution: $18,000 ($2.61)
From Local Government: $2,000 ($0.29)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $113,000 ($16.38)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $154,000 ($22.32)
Interest Earnings: $132,000 ($19.13)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,677,000 ($243.08)
- State Intergovernmental - Housing & Community Development: $276,000 ($40.01)
All Other: $132,000 ($19.13)
Highways: $125,000 ($18.12)
General Support: $7,000 ($1.01)
- Tax - Property: $684,000 ($99.14)
Individual Income: $415,000 ($60.15)
NEC: $138,000 ($20.00)
Tamaqua government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $12,910,000 ($1871.29)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $2,190,000 ($317.44)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Water Utilities: $12,060,000 ($1748.08)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $2,010,000 ($291.35)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $850,000 ($123.21)
Other, NEC: $180,000 ($26.09)
Tamaqua government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $3,133,000 ($454.12)
3.03% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,818 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Berks County, PA||0.40% ($35,142 average AGI)|
|from Luzerne County, PA||0.30% ($28,678)|
|from Carbon County, PA||0.29% ($29,710)|
3.44% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($36,022 average adjusted gross income)
0.02% of residents moved to foreign countries ($171 average AGI)
Schuylkill County: 0.02% Pennsylvania average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Tamaqua:
- WLSH (1410 AM; 5 kW; LANSFORD, PA; Owner: J-SYSTEMS FRANCHISING CORP.)
- WOGY (1300 AM; 5 kW; WEST HAZLETON, PA; Owner: ENTERCOM WILKES-BARRE SCRANTON, LLC)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WEEU (830 AM; 20 kW; READING, PA; Owner: WEEU BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WPPA (1360 AM; 5 kW; POTTSVILLE, PA; Owner: POTTSVILLE BROADCASTING CO.)
- WYNS (1160 AM; 4 kW; LEHIGHTON, PA; Owner: NASSAU BROADCASTING HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WNWR (1540 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA)
- WAZL (1490 AM; 1 kW; HAZLETON, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Tamaqua:
- WMGH-FM (105.5 FM; TAMAQUA, PA; Owner: J-SYSTEMS FRANCHISING CORP.)
- W220BE (91.9 FM; ST. CLAIR, PA; Owner: SALT & LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.)
- W290AC (105.9 FM; PALMERTON, PA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WBSX (97.9 FM; HAZLETON, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WAVT-FM (101.9 FM; POTTSVILLE, PA; Owner: POTTSVILLE BROADCASTING CO.)
- WAMT (103.1 FM; FREELAND, PA; Owner: ENTERCOM WILKES-BARRE SCRANTON, LLC)
- W218AX (91.5 FM; HAZLETON, PA; Owner: GOSPEL MEDIA INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WMGS (92.9 FM; WILKES-BARRE, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WVIA-FM (89.9 FM; SCRANTON, PA; Owner: NORTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA EDUCATIONAL TV ASSN.)
- WBHT (97.1 FM; MOUNTAIN TOP, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W202BD (88.3 FM; HAZLETON, PA; Owner: PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, INC.)
- WFYY (106.5 FM; BLOOMSBURG, PA; Owner: RADIO FRIENDZ, INC.)
- WKRZ (98.5 FM; WILKES-BARRE, PA; Owner: ENTERCOM WILKES-BARRE SCRANTON, LLC)
- WQFM (92.1 FM; NANTICOKE, PA; Owner: THE SCRANTON TIMES, L.P.)
- WCLH (90.7 FM; WILKES-BARRE, PA; Owner: WILKES COLLEGE)
- W219CG (91.7 FM; WILKER-BARRE, PA; Owner: PENSACOLA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, INC.)
- W299AF (107.7 FM; CATAWISSA, PA; Owner: SALT & LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WLEV (100.7 FM; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- W256AB (99.1 FM; POTTSVILLE, PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIV OF COMMONWEALTH SYSTEM)
- WAEB-FM (104.1 FM; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around Tamaqua:
- WNEP-TV (Channel 16; SCRANTON, PA; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- WVIA-TV (Channel 44; SCRANTON, PA; Owner: NE PA ED TV ASSOCIATION)
- WBRE-TV (Channel 28; WILKES-BARRE, PA; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF NORTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA, L.L.C.)
- WYOU (Channel 22; SCRANTON, PA; Owner: MISSION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WOLF-TV (Channel 56; HAZLETON, PA; Owner: WOLF LICENSE CORP.)
- WTVE (Channel 51; READING, PA; Owner: READING BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WFMZ-TV (Channel 69; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: MARANATHA BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WLYH-TV (Channel 15; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: TELEVISION STATION GROUP LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WLVT-TV (Channel 39; ALLENTOWN, PA; Owner: LEHIGH VALLEY PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WYLN-LP (Channel 35; HAZLETON, PA; Owner: TRIPLE J COMMUNITY BROADCASTING., L.L.C.)
- W24BL (Channel 24; POTTSVILLE, ETC., PA; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF NORTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA, L.L.C.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 19m62ftTotal length
- $1,000Total costs
- 57,084Total average daily traffic
- 4,112Total average daily truck traffic
- 68,435Total future (year 1985) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Tamaqua)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:51 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Tamaqua, PA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:5
- TAMAQUA, 1 Mi Bearing 130 Degrees From (Lat: 40.792028 Lon: -75.958250), Overall height: 60.7 m, Call Sign: WMQ727
Assigned Frequencies: 2112.00 MHzGrant Date: 02/06/2001, Expiration Date: 02/01/2011, Cancellation Date: 10/16/2007, Certifier: John T Scott IiiRegistrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30004, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- 1 Mi N Of Rte 209 (Lat: 40.806750 Lon: -75.985750), Overall height: 112.8 m, Call Sign: WPOP235
Assigned Frequencies: 6635.62 MHz, 6595.62 MHzGrant Date: 07/31/2008, Expiration Date: 10/21/2018Registrant: Green\'s Communications, Inc., 210 West Market Street, Pottsville, PA 17901, Phone: (570) 628-5556, Fax: (570) 622-6666, Email:
- TAMAQUA, 2 Miles Se Of I/S Rt. 209 & Rt. 309 (Lat: 40.792139 Lon: -75.958222), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 54.9 m, Overall height: 60.7 m, Call Sign: WQJA929
Assigned Frequencies: 5945.20 MHz, 6004.50 MHz, 6093.45 MHzGrant Date: 07/10/2008, Expiration Date: 07/10/2018, Certifier: Pamelia Y HoofRegistrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- MRCTHHS, 166 Marian Avenue (Lat: 40.827917 Lon: -76.017083), Type: Pole, Structure height: 30.5 m, Call Sign: WQOF805
Assigned Frequencies: 10835.0 MHzGrant Date: 09/13/2011, Expiration Date: 09/13/2021, Certifier: Christopher L HarrisRegistrant: Conterra Ultra Broadband, LLC, 2101 Rexford Road Suite 200 E, Charlotte, NC 28211, Phone: (704) 936-1801, Fax: (704) 936-1801, Email:
- HOMETOWN, Locust Mtn Boyle Rd (Lat: 40.806583 Lon: -75.986139), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 91.3 m, Overall height: 98.1 m, Call Sign: WQWK344
Assigned Frequencies: 11285.0 MHz, 11285.0 MHz, 11285.0 MHz, 11285.0 MHz, 11285.0 MHz, 11285.0 MHz, 11285.0 MHz, 11285.0 MHzGrant Date: 09/21/2015, Expiration Date: 09/21/2025, Certifier: Chuck HuffmanRegistrant: V-Comm, LLC, 736 Springdale Drive Suite 300, Exton, PA 19341, Phone: (610) 684-1000, Email:
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- Locust Mountain (Lat: 40.806750 Lon: -75.986028), Overall height: 97.5 m, Call Sign: KGA589
Assigned Frequencies: 152.180 MHz, 152.180 MHzGrant Date: 02/18/2009, Expiration Date: 04/01/2019Registrant: 210 West Market Street, Pottsville, PA 17901, Phone: (570) 628-5559, Fax: (570) 622-6666, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:64 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Tamaqua)
FAA Registered Aircraft:4
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-32RT-300 (Category: Land, Seats: 7, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING IO-540 SER (300 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 376AA , Serial Number: 32R-7885094, Year manufactured: 1978, Airworthiness Date: 04/13/1978
Registrant (Co-Owned): Larry A Wittig, 244 E Broad St, Tamaqua, PA 18252, Other Owners: Paul D Warner
- Aircraft: BNOSKY SCORPION HELICOPTER (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 45 mph), Engine: Reciprocating
N-Number: 6034 , Serial Number: A1, Year manufactured: 1972, Airworthiness Date: 09/20/1984
Registrant (Individual): Joseph J Bnosky, 30 Meadow Ave, Tamaqua, PA 18252
- Aircraft: CESSNA 170B (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR C145 SERIES (145 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 8215A , Serial Number: 25067, Year manufactured: 1952, Airworthiness Date: 06/16/1956
Registrant (Individual): Raynor M Leiby, 933 Valley Rd, Tamaqua, PA 18252
- Aircraft: TESSIER DAPHNE (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 85 mph), Engine: CORVAIR GO-140 (145 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 880RT , Serial Number: 37, Year manufactured: 1979, Airworthiness Date: 02/15/1984
Registrant (Individual): Theodore Iii Bogosh, 10 Bogosh Ln, Tamaqua, PA 18252
Drinking water stations with addresses in Tamaqua and their reported violations in the past:PHILO MART (Population served: 200, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:TAMAQUA CONGREGATION OF JEHOVA (Population served: 70, Groundwater):
- 6 routine major monitoring violations
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:SANDYS SHOWBAR (Population served: 50, Groundwater):
- 2 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:NEW ENGLAND FIRE CO (Population served: 50, Groundwater):
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- 4 regular monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- One routine major monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Tamaqua that have no violations reported:
- ROSEMOUNT CAMPING RESORT (Population served: 200, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- WEST PENN FISH & GAME ASSOC (Population served: 100, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- VILLAS CROSSING GOLF COURSE (Population served: 100, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- MAGGIES KITCHEN (Population served: 50, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- STILL CREEK TAVERN (Population served: 50, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- SKIPPER DIPPERS (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- NEW ENGLAND VALLEY MENN CHURCH (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 12
- Hazardous Condition: 9
Incident types - Tamaqua
|Most common first names in Tamaqua, PA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Tamaqua, PA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (64%)
- Electricity (20%)
- Coal or coke (11%)
- Other fuel (2%)
- Utility gas (2%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
|Businesses in Tamaqua, PA|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||RadioShack||1|
|Burger King||1||Rite Aid||1|
Tamaqua compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Tamaqua on our top lists:
- #12 on the list of "Top 100 cities with oldest houses (pop. 5,000+)"
- #71 on the list of "Top 100 cities with old houses but young residents (pop. 5,000+)"
- #95 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Office and administrative support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #28 (18252) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Welsh first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #43 (18252) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Lithuanian first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2011"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to foreign countries in 2011"
- #20 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2007-2013 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest number of births per 1000 residents 2007-2013"
- #57 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the most Mainline Protestant congregations"
Total of 18 patent applications in 2008-2016.