Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 03:09 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,378,757 times

Advertisements

''Black people'' didn't exist back then only people from geographic locations. Its possible that the ancient Egyptians looked ''Black''

Old 01-31-2015, 09:23 PM

7 posts, read 10,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
''Black people'' didn't exist back then only people from geographic locations. Its possible that the ancient Egyptians looked ''Black''
"White People" didn't exist back then as well

Old 01-31-2015, 11:51 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,118,499 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthnchess147 View Post
"White People" didn't exist back then as well
These kinds of observations are mere cop outs.

"There was no race back then... 'black' is a modern construct...what is 'black'?" I have heard them all before.

The fact as I have clearly demonstrated in post two with dozens of scientific studies (and dozens more on deck) are that the Egyptians are overwhelmingly now the same people that they have always been.

TELL THAT SIMPLE TRUTH and we'll go from there. If you want to talk about whether the modern Egyptians are black...well, they largely aren't.

"Black Egypt" is a modern invention to boost the self esteem of the African American community. Ancient Egypt was not a "black civilization," it was a civilization with a minority of blacks in it, the same as America, or modern Europe for that matter.

If anyone wants to dispute that, then present EVIDENCE. Not ATTITUDE, not NUANCE, not SEMANTICS or WORD GAMES, but EVIDENCE.

Waiting.

Peace.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:36 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,378,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
These kinds of observations are mere cop outs.

"There was no race back then... 'black' is a modern construct...what is 'black'?" I have heard them all before.

The fact as I have clearly demonstrated in post two with dozens of scientific studies (and dozens more on deck) are that the Egyptians are overwhelmingly now the same people that they have always been.

TELL THAT SIMPLE TRUTH and we'll go from there. If you want to talk about whether the modern Egyptians are black...well, they largely aren't.

"Black Egypt" is a modern invention to boost the self esteem of the African American community. Ancient Egypt was not a "black civilization," it was a civilization with a minority of blacks in it, the same as America, or modern Europe for that matter.

http://observationdeck.io9.com/no-eg...the-1665322870

If anyone wants to dispute that, then present EVIDENCE. Not ATTITUDE, not NUANCE, not SEMANTICS or WORD GAMES, but EVIDENCE.

Waiting.

Peace.
Are you trying to say that the ancient Egyptians looked exactly the same as the Modern Egyptians? Its obvious that humans migrant constantly so peoples appearances over thousands of years change. Its possible that Ancient Egyptians looked more like ''Sub-Saharan'' Africans than Arabs and there's PROOF to back up that claim.

Contrary to popular believe, darkly pigmented people are capable of great civilisations and thought.

http://observationdeck.io9.com/no-eg...the-1665322870

Last edited by P London; 02-02-2015 at 06:54 PM..

Old 02-03-2015, 03:01 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,118,499 times
Quote:
Are you trying to say that the ancient Egyptians looked exactly the same as the Modern Egyptians?
I am not saying anything...I have linked you to over a dozen studies saying that they are essentially the same people, some of which say 90% genetically identical.

And we can repeat again and again and again...as they are different, it is because they are "blacker" due to the Arab slave trade. I have also linked you to SCIENTIFC STUDIES saying as much.

Quote:
Its obvious that humans migrant constantly so peoples appearances over thousands of years change.
But as the SCIENTIFIC STUIDIES that I have posted show, the essential ingredients were there since the stone ages. Any additions for Eurasia are counterbalanced by the Arab slave trade, the influx of Nubian mercenaries, etc. Try reading the studies instead of talking generalities.

Quote:
Its possible that Ancient Egyptians looked more like ''Sub-Saharan'' Africans than Arabs and there's PROOF to back up that claim.
There is no proof what-so-ever. All proof is the opposite. For the third time, if you have proof, post it.

Quote:
Contrary to popular believe, darkly pigmented people are capable of great civilisations and thought.
That is not what is being debated here and we will not entertain this straw man. Post your proof.

Quote:
No one said that they were white, so this is a completely meaningless addition to the conversation.

Please post scientific evidence that they were black so that I can refute it.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:08 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,144 times
simplistic and ignorant

btw not all subsaharian africans look the same

ps: egypt and its glory lasted for several thousand years, plenty of time for the region to be exposed to PLENTY of ethnic groups commonly found in the area at the time.... from phoenicians, to persians, to jews, to romans, to greeks, to nubians, to turks, to arabs, to berbers you name it

only an ignorant afrocentrist think ancient egyptians were black as in the modern term of the adjective

Old 02-03-2015, 04:06 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,995,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
simplistic and ignorant

btw not all subsaharian africans look the same

ps: egypt and its glory lasted for several thousand years, plenty of time for the region to be exposed to PLENTY of ethnic groups commonly found in the area at the time.... from phoenicians, to persians, to jews, to romans, to greeks, to nubians, to turks, to arabs, to berbers you name it

only an ignorant afrocentrist think ancient egyptians were black as in the modern term of the adjective
Yes, anything but Black is acceptable. Only attack the Afrocentrics. That's the agenda. Keep up the good work Irene.

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 02-03-2015 at 04:20 PM..

Old 02-03-2015, 05:56 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,349 times
I don't see why Europeans should be always put into an improper context.
Europeans never claimed Ancient Egypt (perhaps Ptolemaic Egypt) as a "white" civilisation nor most Europeans I know, including me, think of Egyptians as "white" or "black".

Old 02-03-2015, 06:40 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,995,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
I don't see why Europeans should be always put into an improper context.
Europeans never claimed Ancient Egypt (perhaps Ptolemaic Egypt) as a "white" civilisation nor most Europeans I know, including me, think of Egyptians as "white" or "black".
Maybe they don't brainwash Italians as bad as other Western countries but a lot of them think that Egyptians are White.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:50 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Maybe they don't brainwash Italians as bad as other Western countries but a lot of them think that Egyptians are White.
and you take this info from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa