Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 09:47 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,893,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
That study dealt with mummies from 1400B.C to 400 A.D. I would like to know the DNA results of Egyptians during the old kingdom period.
Hopefully that will be coming if they can find a way to extract the DNA.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:44 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,118,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
Dude, obviously you have reading comprehenion issues as well. I just stated I use quotations for any ideas not my own. Since the poster isn't the author of the quotes(with the reference to Manlius not withstanding but was included) there was no need to cite him lol. Also, that particular quote was removed since it had nothing to do with the Greek descriptions, you just happened to reply before it was removed. Again, pot calling the kettle black. Everything else I've stated have been legitimate questions based on what I know(with quotes that are cited) and what you presented and procceed to call you out on your bull.

It's also funny because after reading more on that Peter Frost quote(herehttp://www.oocities.org/enbp/quotes.html andhttps://www.google.com/amp/s/mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2009/12/03/ancient-descriptions-of-ancient-egyptians/amp/), you took arguments from this blog(which seems to be Eurocentric propaganda) basically word for word and passing it off as your own research when you're just piggybacking off of these sites ideas. You can't refute my point because you're relying purely on the author of these blog's opinion.

And again, you deflect rather than respond to my point and not doing a good job at it. Just admit you were wrong and there's no definitive information available that cites melanchroe, swarthy and Aithiop as racial classifications but rather skin tone.
Plagerist and liar:

Posted by Punos_Rey (Member # 21929) on 15 March, 2016 05:02 PM:
Originally posted by lamin:

"Too black a hue as an Egyptian or Ethiopian(Nubian) marks a coward--so too, too white a hue as with women. The best color is the intermediate tawny color of the lion. That color marks for courage".

Aristotle, PHYSOGNOMICA

That more or less clinches it.
Aristotle "clinches" it? How about these?

Why are the Ethiopians and Egyptians bandy-legged? Is it because of that the body of itself creates, because of disturbance by heat, like loss of wood when they become dry? The condition of their hair supports this theory; for it is curlier than that of other nations…” (Aristotle, Problemata_ 909, 7)

Dialogue: Lycinus (describing an Egyptian): ‘this boy is not merely black; he has thick lips and his legs are too thin…his hair worn in a plait shows that he is not a freeman.’ Timolaus: ‘but that is a sign of really distinguished birth in Egypt, Lycinus. All freeborn children plait their hair until they reach manhood…’ (Lucian, _Navigations_, paras 2-3)

Dialogue: “Aegyptos conquered the country of the black-footed ones and called it Egypt after himself” (Apollodorus, Book II, paras 3 and 4)

Dialogue: Danaos (describing the Aegyptiads): ‘I can see the crew with their black limbs and white tunics.’ (Aeschylus, _The Suppliants_, vv. 719-20, 745)

“…the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look.” (Ammianus Marcellinus, Book XXII para 16) Ibn Qutayba (828-89) wrote: Wahb ibn Nunabbih said: Ham the son of Noah was a white man, with a handsome face and a fine figure, and Almighty God changed his color and the color of his descendants in response to his father’s curse. He went away, followed by his sons, and they settled by the shore, where God increased and multiplied them. They are the blacks. …Some of his children went to the West. Ham begat Kush ibn Ham, Kan`an ibn Ham, and *** ibn Ham. *** settled in India and Sind and their inhabitants are his descendants. Kush and Kan`an’s descendants are the various races of blacks: Nubians, Zanj, Qaran, Zaghawa, Ethiopians, Copts, and Berbers. (Kitab al-Ma`arif, ed. Tharwat `Ukasha, 2nd ed., Cairo, 1969, p. 26)

“For the fact is as I soon came to realise myself, and then heard from others later, that the Colchians are obviously Egyptian. When the notion occurred to me, I asked both the Colchians and the Egyptians about it, and found that the Colchians had better recall of the Egyptians than the Egyptians did of them. Some Egyptians said that they thought the Colchians originated with Sesostris’ army, but I myself guessed their Egyptian origin not only because the Colchians are dark-skinned and curly-haired (which does not count for much by itself , because these features are common in others too) but more importantly because Colchians, Egyptians and Ethiopians are the only peoples in the world who practise circumcision and who have always done so."

Source, The histories By Herodotus, Robin Waterfield, Carolyn Dewald

Even Manilius who is frequently quoted to prove the Egyptians were distinct from Africans said that they were less(a KEY word) sun-burt than the Aethiopians, not that they weren't sun-burnt at all. And if you've seen some of the ethnic groups of Central and Southern Sudan("Aethiopia") you'd see why Manilius said they "stain the world in darkness".

I plaigerized nothing. You are a plaigerist and liar.

Last edited by cachibatches; 06-11-2017 at 10:53 PM..

Old 06-11-2017, 10:53 PM

592 posts, read 590,653 times
K
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Plagerist and liar:

Posted by Punos_Rey (Member # 21929) on 15 March, 2016 05:02 PM:
Originally posted by lamin:

"Too black a hue as an Egyptian or Ethiopian(Nubian) marks a coward--so too, too white a hue as with women. The best color is the intermediate tawny color of the lion. That color marks for courage".

Aristotle, PHYSOGNOMICA

That more or less clinches it.
Aristotle "clinches" it? How about these?

Why are the Ethiopians and Egyptians bandy-legged? Is it because of that the body of itself creates, because of disturbance by heat, like loss of wood when they become dry? The condition of their hair supports this theory; for it is curlier than that of other nations…” (Aristotle, Problemata_ 909, 7)

Dialogue: Lycinus (describing an Egyptian): ‘this boy is not merely black; he has thick lips and his legs are too thin…his hair worn in a plait shows that he is not a freeman.’ Timolaus: ‘but that is a sign of really distinguished birth in Egypt, Lycinus. All freeborn children plait their hair until they reach manhood…’ (Lucian, _Navigations_, paras 2-3)

Dialogue: “Aegyptos conquered the country of the black-footed ones and called it Egypt after himself” (Apollodorus, Book II, paras 3 and 4)

Dialogue: Danaos (describing the Aegyptiads): ‘I can see the crew with their black limbs and white tunics.’ (Aeschylus, _The Suppliants_, vv. 719-20, 745)

“…the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look.” (Ammianus Marcellinus, Book XXII para 16) Ibn Qutayba (828-89) wrote: Wahb ibn Nunabbih said: Ham the son of Noah was a white man, with a handsome face and a fine figure, and Almighty God changed his color and the color of his descendants in response to his father’s curse. He went away, followed by his sons, and they settled by the shore, where God increased and multiplied them. They are the blacks. …Some of his children went to the West. Ham begat Kush ibn Ham, Kan`an ibn Ham, and *** ibn Ham. *** settled in India and Sind and their inhabitants are his descendants. Kush and Kan`an’s descendants are the various races of blacks: Nubians, Zanj, Qaran, Zaghawa, Ethiopians, Copts, and Berbers. (Kitab al-Ma`arif, ed. Tharwat `Ukasha, 2nd ed., Cairo, 1969, p. 26)

“For the fact is as I soon came to realise myself, and then heard from others later, that the Colchians are obviously Egyptian. When the notion occurred to me, I asked both the Colchians and the Egyptians about it, and found that the Colchians had better recall of the Egyptians than the Egyptians did of them. Some Egyptians said that they thought the Colchians originated with Sesostris’ army, but I myself guessed their Egyptian origin not only because the Colchians are dark-skinned and curly-haired (which does not count for much by itself , because these features are common in others too) but more importantly because Colchians, Egyptians and Ethiopians are the only peoples in the world who practise circumcision and who have always done so."

Source, The histories By Herodotus, Robin Waterfield, Carolyn Dewald

Even Manilius who is frequently quoted to prove the Egyptians were distinct from Africans said that they were less(a KEY word) sun-burt than the Aethiopians, not that they weren't sun-burnt at all. And if you've seen some of the ethnic groups of Central and Southern Sudan("Aethiopia") you'd see why Manilius said they "stain the world in darkness".
Pointless post. I literally just told you what I did, which wasn't plagerizing, simply reposted quotes that were not his to begin with(which were also quoted lol), besides the Manilus quote(which was also in quotation but was deleted due to not being relevant and not being my words)

However, what you did is definitely plagerism.

See Exhibit A

http://www.oocities.org/enbp/quotes.html

And Exhibit B

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mathild...egyptians/amp/

Talk about stealing ideas, you basically ripped these people's blogs off verbatim. Talking about you're a scholar, GTFOH lol.

Last edited by jkc2j; 06-11-2017 at 11:09 PM..

Old 06-11-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Pointless post. I literally just told you what I did, whcih wasn't plagerized. Simply reposted quotes that were not his to begin with. None of that other stuff you copied and pasted was even mentioned besides the Manilius quote.

However, what you did is definitely plagerism. See Exhibit A Quotes

And Exhibit B

You plaiarized Punos Rey's original original quote:

Originally Posted by jkc2j

I didn't plagiarize Mahtilda's blog, we both studied the same sources. She DID NOT even say that Melanchroes was a word that Greeks use to describe each other.

LEARNING IS NOT THE SAME AS PLAGIARISM.

Quote:
K

Talk about stealing ideas, you basically ripped these people off verbatim. Talking about you're a scholar, GTFOH lol.
I am not talking about stealing ideas-- that would be called LEARNING. In any event, I clearly did not steal Mahtilda's ideas, SINCE WE AREN'T SAYING THE SAME THING.

I read Herodotus in entirety, was curious about the passage, which led me to Peter Frost, which is why I knew to look for him, which is how I found your word-for-word lifting of another poster's ideas.

I have also read Ammianus Marcellenus in entirety, and Aeschylus' the Suppliants. I have read some Artisotle, but not in entirety. But I cannot read ancient Greek, or Latin, so yes, I am dependent on others to explain translations. That is not plagiarism, as you did.

I am talking about Plagiarism--WHAT YOU DID. The wholesale lifting of another poster's ideas.

Last edited by cachibatches; 06-11-2017 at 11:16 PM..

Old 06-11-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
You plaiarized Punos Rey's original original quote:

I didn't plagiarize Mahtilda's blog, we both studied the same sources. She DID NOT even say that Melanchroes was a word that Greeks use to describe each other.

LEARNING IS NOT THE SAME AS PLAGIARISM.

I am not talking about stealing ideas-- that would be called LEARNING. In any event, I clearly did not steal Mahtidla's ideas.

I am talking about Plagiarism--WHAT YOU DID.

You can call it whatever you want to call it but the proof is in the pudding lol. These ideas were not your own to the point you plagiarized piece by piece that blog. After I read the whole thing, you basically almost took word for word and used the Peter Frost quote (which you stole from her blog) as a smoke screen as if you researched his work on your own.

And again:

See Exhibit A

And Exhibit B

You are a straight up fake lol.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
You can call it whatever you want to call it but the proof is in the pudding lol. These ideas were not your own to the point you plagiarized piece by piece that blog. After I read the whole thing, you basically almost took word for word and used the Peter Frost(which you stole from her blog) quote as a smoke screen as if you researched his work on your own.

You are a straight up fake lol.
No, you plagiarized wholesale the thoughts of another poster. I used quotes that were sourced to Homer and Herodotus. What I did would get me an A+, and what you did kicked out of class.

I learned from Peter Frost, and told you that is where I learned of the quotes. That is called "research."

You are a plagiarist. You are merely parroting other Afrocentric posters. It is there for everyone to see.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
No, you plagiarized wholesale the thoughts of another poster. I used quotes that were sourced to Homer and Herodotus. What I did would get me an A+, and what you did kicked out of class.

I learned from Peter Frost, and told you that is where I learned of the quotes. That is called "research."

You are a plagiarist. You are merely parroting other Afrocentric posters. It is there for everyone to see.

Dude, there's no coming back from this. Just stop lol. If anyone reads those blogs I posted, they'll know what you did. Reposting quotes that have the author's name cited is not plagiarizing. What you did definitely is, which is stealing ideas verbatim, almost word for word.

See Exhibit A

And Exhibit B

Old 06-11-2017, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Dude, there's no coming back from this. Just stop lol. If anyone reads those blogs I posted, they'll know what you did. Reposting quotes that have the author's name cited is not plagiarizing. What you did definitely is, which is stealing ideas verbatim, almost word for word.

See Exhibit A

Quotes

And Exhibit B

Dude, what you did is plagiarism. What I did is reasearch. You are a plagiarist. You took word for word another poster's thoughts.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Dude, what you did is plagiarism. What I did is reasearch. You are a plagiarist. You took word for word another poster's thoughts.

Hey, we can go back and forth all night. I'm just that petty lol.

And again:

See Exhibit A

Quotes

And Exhibit B

I wonder how these people feel knowing you didn't site them for all their hard work. Fake scholar lol.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Hey, we can go back and forth all night. I'm just that petty lol.

And again:

See Exhibit A

Quotes

And Exhibit B

I wonder how these people feel knowing you didn't site them for all their hard work. Fake scholar lol.
Uh...actually...I told you exactly where I got my research from:

Quote:

You are a plagiarist. I was looking for the Peter Frost quote, which I did not have at my fingertips, and I found that someone posted it on Egytpsearch--WHERE YOU FOUND THE POSTS FROM OTHERS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN PLAGIARIZING WORD FOR WORD.

We don't have to go on. I have exposed you as a plagiarist, a liar, and an Afrocentric sock puppet to other posters.

Herodotus said melanchroes.
Melanchroes is a word that Greeks used to describe other greeks and similar people- AS USED BY HOMER
Herodotus, and all others, differentiated between ethiops and Egyptians.
Egypt has been mixed throughout historical times due to back migrations going back 45,000 years.
Ramesses, a find example of a famous Egytpian, had a hook nose and naturally red hair
The amount of sub-saharan input has INCREASED in Egyptians in modern times due to the Arab slave trade
You are a plagiarist

ALL OF IT SOURCED IN THIS THREAD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa