Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 02:34 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Probably not many but they are obnoxious and vocal they troll all of the Moroccan videos I can see how the north Africans are fed up with them the interesting thing is some of them want acceptance and I can tell you that for the most part intensively disliked by the north Africans, they'll never accept them. They just make themselves more and more hated the more they claim this heritage that doesn't belong to them.
Internet trolls one one thing.

Heritage is not another and it’s not up to you white man to decide who has what heritage.

Truthfully most African and Asian nations have a heavy Muslim presence, and I’m sure most people in the African diaspora have Muslim ancestors at some point.

Now Islam spread via conquest violence, and slavery. I’m no big fan of organized religion.

But it’s nit your place to tell people of color what aspect if their ancestry to identify with. Butt out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 03:36 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbor View Post
Also the Nation of Islam, United House of Prayer for All People, Father Divine Peace Mission, Daddy Grace, Prophet Jones.

A lot of these sects and cults developed among marginalized people during the Depression in America. Due to Jim Crow and
De Facto Segregation and socially being made to feel that they are NOT part of America, people came along and took advantage of the social situation of Black Americans at that time. They played on the social alienation of Black Americans,
from the general American Society. So they invented exotic, mythical origins of Black Americans, or with the Christian type
cults, they were the chosen people who traced it down from Jesus to Paul down to whoever their leader was.

The people who started these groups understood human psychology and knew they had a ready-made audience for
this type of stuff with some Black Americans. Many of these groups go back to the 1930s, so today you still have
people and families who were raised in this stuff, these might be the people who jump on the North African message
boards today.

Possibly one thing I've learned is that many of groups in North Africa are definitely tribal and strictly patrilineal and there is a segment that is deep in Berberism. They take lineage very seriously and a few that are extreme in their beliefs would decapitate of few of these guys mouthing off. I have no doubt about that. I'm on one of those groups they like me they don't like any Black Americans claiming their heritage. That about sums it up.

Old 06-16-2019, 04:10 PM

264 posts, read 200,595 times
And they must be a proud folk ! Don't know how many times I've seen road signs that say "Mowers ahead"

Old 06-17-2019, 02:54 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
[/b]

Possibly one thing I've learned is that many of groups in North Africa are definitely tribal and strictly patrilineal and there is a segment that is deep in Berberism. They take lineage very seriously and a few that are extreme in their beliefs would decapitate of few of these guys mouthing off. I have no doubt about that. I'm on one of those groups they like me they don't like any Black Americans claiming their heritage. That about sums it up.
This has morecto do with you not liking Black Americans.

I’m sure with all the guns Americans of all races have no one would need to be worried about decapitation. Bullets have much longer reaches than guns.

Plus North Africans have much greater problems in their lives than to give a **** about what some Black Americans do. Libya is a wreck. Algeria and Egypt are not spectacular. North Africans are too busy immigrating to Europe to Concern themselves about African Americans.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:05 PM

220 posts, read 125,822 times
1. First of all only a tiny significant percent of ADOS people call themselves "Moors." Mostly fringe group Hoteps.

2. Whether you agree the Moors were "Black" or not the terms etymology meant "Black" according to the Greeks and Romans.
Quote:
"North African, Berber, one of the race dwelling in Barbary," late 14c., from Old French More, from Medieval Latin Morus, from Latin Maurus "inhabitant of Mauretania" (Roman northwest Africa, a region now corresponding to northern Algeria and Morocco), from Greek Mauros, perhaps a native name, or else cognate with mauros "black" (but this adjective only appears in late Greek and may as well be from the people's name as the reverse).

Also applied to the Arabic conquerors of Spain. Being a dark people in relation to Europeans, their name in the Middle Ages was a synonym for "Negro;" later (16c.-17c.); being the nearest Muslims to Western Europe, it was used indiscriminately of Muslims (Persians, Arabs, etc.) but especially those in India. Cognate with Dutch Moor, German Mohr, Danish Maurer, Spanish Moro, Italian Moro. Related: Mooress.
https://www.etymonline.com/word/moor

Either way this thread is silly because I bet you 99% of ADOS don't even call themselves "Moors" and a 75% don't even know who the Moors were.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
These groups like the Kemetic,Hebrews,Moors,Aboriginals etc work on some blacks for one big reason. We Black-Americans lack direct African cultural influences. We really don't have many things in our culture here in the U.S that people can easily highlight as being African. So this makes it easier for these groups to just invent some new black thing that's not related to our actual African backgrounds. If Black Americans had some type of African drumming tradition or an African rooted religion in our culture then we would see fewer people trying to invent some exotic groups like the ones I mentioned.
You probably live in a very urban area of the South or the northeast like most these ADOS posters. If you go to the rural areas of the South you can find clear Sahel African influence. And I'm not talking the Gullahs of coastal South Carolina dna Georgia. Heck our cowbow culture is Fulani influenced. And I know many ADOS people down south who still practice Hoodoo.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
[/b]

Most ADOS/Black-Americans won't ever wanna trade places with North Africans such as Moroccans, Algerians, Tunisians and especially not Libyans. Sure you guys have a rich ancient history but that's where it ends.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:26 AM

151 posts, read 133,435 times
Quote:
Probably not many but they are obnoxious and vocal they troll all of the Moroccan videos I can see how the north Africans are fed up with them the interesting thing is some of them want acceptance and I can tell you that for the most part intensively disliked by the north Africans, they'll never accept them. They just make themselves more and more hated the more they claim this heritage that doesn't belong to them.
As a black American myself, I agree that a very vocal minority of us make us look like clowns online to the entire world. A small subset of Black Americans online are known for harassing any outside group even remotely associated with Africa:

- Demanding/shaming Dominicans, SA Cape Coloureds and certain other groups into identifying as black (yes - many have high or even majority afro ancestry but it’s none of our business and has zero affect on us what they choose to identify as. Click on ANY popular YouTube video about Dominicans and you’ll see the harassment. I dont fully blame us for this one since the One Drop Rule was created by whites and pushed on us during slavery but we need to remember that different countries have different racial classification systems; and not everyone has to think the same.)

- Claiming Egypt as a solely black civilization. Bantu blacks MAY have had some involvement but the evidence seems limited at this point. Plus, why wholeheartedly claim a disputed civilization when there were so many awesome civilizations throughout West African history (like Mansa Musa of the Ghana Empire who was the richest man to ever live. Black Americans have a massive global influence and have added so much to pop culture despite being a small group so we have a lot to feel proud about so it bewilders me why many resort to this). Just not a good look!

- Claiming to be Israelites. These are the worst ones on the list. Usually they’re very poor and dusty standing on street corners screaming at ppl and shouting hateful/racist/homophobic/offensive rhetoric. It’s ok to be pro-whatever ethnicity you are but they have no plans to increase the social standing of their people so they’re just wasting their time. They’re militant nature and false-confidence attracts some women but they’re known to be very abusive and mysogonistic towards them.

It’s just all so embarassing so I don’t blame outsiders for feeling this way towards us. Just remember that it’s a small minority of us. Lol, most black Americans (and Americans in general) could care less about anything outside of the USA and a select few closely-linked countries.

(But to answer the OP’s question, I’ve never heard of the Mauri ppl...though I’ve heard of the Moors who’ve invaded parts of Southern Europe back in the day).

Last edited by HomeHunt82; 07-31-2019 at 11:56 AM..

Old 07-31-2019, 12:00 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
Most ADOS/Black-Americans won't ever wanna trade places with North Africans such as Moroccans, Algerians, Tunisians and especially not Libyans. Sure you guys have a rich ancient history but that's where it ends.

I'm not a North African I'm an ethnic Portuguese person with dual US and Portuguese citizenship. The various North African groups also have very interesting cultures.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:35 PM

10 posts, read 2,451 times
Many of them are lost and confused. They are looking for an identity. The Moors who came into Europe were in fact black African, and yes many of the Moors were in place in North America prior to Columbus. That does not mean however that this is the lineage of most Afro Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa