Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 12:03 AM

6 posts, read 31,496 times

Advertisements

Suliniber

I live about 20 miles from moulton its a very laid back town really pretty place they have really nice schools well kept up most of the cops they follow the schools buses around too make sure the kids are ok and dont get hit by a car and so on its just there way of doing things there.. the town is nice they have a few shops more then you think for a little town .. the folks are really nice they go out of there way to stop and help if you was broke down on the side of the road. they have alot of big rigs semi's that travel all the time through moulton logs trucks chipwoods trucks it the only road to travel to get too jasper alabama to tuscaloosa. hwy 33.. you ever up in jasper area stop at smith lake wow very very beautiful place to camp and go fishing. by the way about crime in moulton you have your share but as big crimes no way .. i have not heard of any thing in mouton in a very long time except when there is a wreck.. But as the others say about the KKK - Yall grow up thats the past it was wipe out years and years ago.. I have never seen any hatred in moulton and i use to drive a semi through moulton for years in a semi..

Good luck on your place too live..

P.S we cant forget about our true sports nascar. the fishing and hunting is wonderfull here also just a rule of thumb if you drive through BANKHEAD NATIONAL FOREST without a specail permit from them any type of shotgun rifle ect: - hunting license wont work it has to be from the forest company its jail time and a huge fine.. but hunting you still have to have hunting license and hunt as long its not in the forest.

Last edited by Grizzly; 05-20-2007 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: n/a
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 09:44 PM

20 posts, read 97,947 times
Moulton is an excellent place for land. My aunt and uncle have a nice big house with a ton of land and cows and horses. It's great for country-lovers. As far as the KKK goes, there are quite a few locations in North Alabama with questionable activities.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:16 PM

6 posts, read 31,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernraised View Post
Moulton is an excellent place for land. My aunt and uncle have a nice big house with a ton of land and cows and horses. It's great for country-lovers. As far as the KKK goes, there are quite a few locations in North Alabama with questionable activities.

What tv station you watching -- did you see a rerun of roots in the last couple days. you show me a newspaper print about the kkk- in north alabama and i will shut up other then that -- i been here 41 years in marion ,winston lawarnce county -- And have i ever seen or heard of them -NO- its called lawsuits nowadays is way they dont come out ... this is 2007 not the 1960's ---

Last edited by Grizzly; 05-23-2007 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: miss spelled a word

Old 05-27-2007, 06:04 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,897 times
Question Kkk

Suliniber, just today had an opportunity to discuss the KKK issue face-to-face with my relatives--we had tried email and telephony, but weren't making much headway doing that. Anyway, they assure me the Klan is dead in Lawrence County, at least as far as anyone taking any action against anybody else. Doesn't mean everybody is hugging and cheek-kissing friendly, but they say people there are much like people everywhere--they're gonna accept or reject your neighborly overtures based on how you go about your business.

They did caution that a lot of the families in Lawrence County had been there for 150 years or so and do not always take kindly to new fences and gates going up. I didn't really understand this, but I guess they're saying that if someone's been driving through your property for 30 years to get to the river in back of your land, then don't try to fence them out?? We see a little of this on my spouse's family property, but they went ahead and put up fences and gates 20 years ago and haven't had any serious incidents as a result. A few arrests at gunpoint yes, but no serious incidents.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and--as always--keep us informed.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:57 AM

20 posts, read 97,947 times
Default In response to Grizzly...

Actually, I can do one better than seeing it on a TV station. My hometown had a rally on the courthouse steps about seven years ago. That would be Cullman, which is quite near Moulton. Additionally, there was a rally in Oneonta, Blount County in the last five years. Maybe you should pay more attention instead of jumping all over people.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:08 PM

Location: Wherever the are junk homes: Lawrence County Alabama, Huntsville Alabama and Birmingham Alabama
69 posts, read 267,621 times
I have gotten back from a long trip through Africa and Europe. I am very happy to have found a lot of postings about Moulton. I have almost made up my mind to try it - so we are closing on a nice place very soon. I will tell you all about my new experience in Moulton in the month of August, 2007.

I have set a possitive attitude about whatever comes and am determined to enjoy our new place and make numerous friends with those willing and accepting. We are preparerd to prove that humans are nice animals, just like ants are; they are social beings and are happy together as families are.

Thanks to all again for helping us choose where to end our long lives. Not forgetting we still have options, in case things don't work out. We are as free as the birds in this World.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Much good luck and blessings to you, Suliniber. Please let us know how it works out.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:41 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,897 times
Good to hear from you, Suliniber. Hope your trip was for pleasure and that you had a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear of your adventures in your new home--don't be a stranger!

Old 07-31-2007, 12:39 PM

Location: Wherever the are junk homes: Lawrence County Alabama, Huntsville Alabama and Birmingham Alabama
69 posts, read 267,621 times
Unhappy Is Moulton a good place for Land Enthusiast?

Dear Friend,

I am still on my new move to Moulton. I forgot one most important question for a newcomer to the Rural Southland. Is owning a gun and essential part of life in the Rural America in general or the Rural South in particular? I have never touched a gun in my whole life and I wouldn't want to start now.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:06 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
LOL! No, you don't need to own a gun. But you mind wind up buying one to keep wild animals away from your veggies...if other methods don't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama