Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 07:54 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I see the music as being the theme song of his life, which can help reinforce the tone set by the reality of politicians out there who are everywhere ranting about gun and violence-filled metaphors. We expect more of our "leaders" than we do our fantasy outlets of tv, movies and music.
I remember when it was mentioned on the news that several of the students participating in the recent school shootouts had been treaded from childhood with prescription drugs, and that it was known that such drugs are prone to increase the level of violence in people. But the bottom line is that only one is responsible for one's actions. Once we start placing blame on others instead of the perpetrator himself, we are just part of a herd mentality.

For example, the only reason why Palin's name was introduced into the equation was because a sherif said something about it. But if you ask people in the forum for the location where the crime (s) were committed, you will read lots of responses from posters who live there... slamming the sherif. It's hard to tell the truth, since we are reading, seeing, and hearing what others want us to read, see, or hear.

In this forum we all have opinions, but none (including myself) knows the truth.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:57 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,694,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
In this forum we all have opinions, but none (including myself) knows the truth.
Amen.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:07 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,024,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
But whatever little hopes Palin nursed about getting the Republican nomination for 2012 were crushed yesterday.
It may in fact have the opposite effect. As can be seen happening here in this forum, it may cause even Palin's harshest detractors to have to step up to her defense against an increasingly raucuos bunch of logically challenged, hysterical screaming children calling for a public lynching.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:14 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yes, it did. It was about that very subject and the lyrics contained something about "bodies falling on the floor".

Sarah Palin being real life is news to me. She's a realty television performer.
I know that song. It has nothing do to with shooting people on a street corner. It implies violence, yes, but is pretty vague.

Agreed re: Palin.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:16 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,137,109 times
Every thread has couple of experts and at least one idiot.

Quote:
Most likely it'll never go to court.

Why do I have the feeling that the recent letter to the editor published by Salon which advocated the murder of Palin would be quite acceptable to those here who cry the loudest about her crosshairs?
Where is this article?

Advocating ANYONE'S murder is NOT OK. Why can't you people understand this? Why can't you bring yourselves to admit that Palin was wrong to release that illustration!

7,084 posts, read 14,866,256 times
Quote:
On what grounds?
UHhhhhhhhhhh,, Excessive banality in public??? (this is in response to an earlier portion of this thread having to do with "on what charge could Palin be arrested".)

Old 01-09-2011, 08:18 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
It may in fact have the opposite effect. As can be seen happening here, it may cause even Palin's harshest detractors to have to step up to her defense against an increasingly raucuos bunch of logically challenged, hysterical screaming children calling for a public lynching.
Can't give you any more rep just now or I would.

I am not convinced that those who are calling for Palin's "arrest" right now really have enough of a grasp on Constitutional precedent to understand that what they are advocating is an erosion of their own rights.

Certainly...the unseemly rhetoric should be voluntarily toned down by everyone who practises it.

But to just decide that Palin's crosshair metaphor was the motivating factor behind the shootings is...well...illogical, particularly in light of the time frame involved.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
If that is true - all he needed was a little push and permission to act out his impulses, which Palin gave on her graphic. Nice. It's clear that Sarah Palin's rhetoric is all about baiting, and it pushed someone over the edge to shoot a congresswoman in the head.

Palin's culpable for this result.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:20 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
Where is this article?

Advocating ANYONE'S murder is NOT OK. Why can't you people understand this? Why can't you bring yourselves to admit that Palin was wrong to release that illustration!
It's on Salon; you can google it easily.

If you will read my previous posts, you'll see that I have "admitted that Palin was wrong to have released that illustration". My issue is one with those who feel that she should be arrested and charged as an accessory to the shooting.

I've been one of the biggest Palin detractors on this forum so knock it off with the "you people" bs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska